Poor image quality when looking at V in mirror

+
Noticing a weird issue with the mirror where the image quality just looks really bad. Like there's some sharpening filter going on and the lighting and shadows seem off, particularly on V's face. Can't really describe it well but took a picture:

This is on PC with a GTX 1070. I do have the mirror quality set to high along with most of the other settings (think I put cascading shadows to medium) and also have film grain, chromic aberration, and depth of field off (toggled them on too but didn't seem to change anything). Also turn off the static and dynamic CAS options (turning them on also didn't change anything).

By comparison, this screenshot I took from an earlier cutscene with a rare third person view of V, looks much better to me:

Just curious if others are running into this issue with the mirror as well? Not sure if this is some issue with my PC, the settings, or just another bug to add to the list. Also, I didn't take a screenshot of it, but I think the same issue may also be happening when I see V in the inventory menu as well.

Kind of a bummer to be honest. Feels like the opportunities to actually see your character in the game outside an inventory screen are quite limited, and the mirror being broken like this makes that feel like not much of an option. If it is a bug, hopefully it can be fixed soon.

Edit: Thanks for the responses everyone. To anyone running into this issue and wants to bring it to the CDPR's attention (as it appears this forum 'does not count as a report to CD PROJEKT RED's Technical Support' per the Sticky), if you could take a few minutes to submit it to the technical support site, that would be greatly appreciated (if you have images like the ones posted in this thread to show the issue that would be great to attach as well). I found a section on their support site on reporting visual issues in the game buried in their menus, so including the direct links to make it easier to access:

PC: https://support.cdprojektred.com/en/cyberpunk/pc/gameplay/issue/1736/contact-to-support
Playstation: https://support.cdprojektred.com/en/cyberpunk/playstation/gameplay/issue/1739/contact-to-support
Xbox: https://support.cdprojektred.com/en/cyberpunk/xbox/gameplay/issue/1742/contact-to-support

Hopefully if more people submit this and bring it to their attention, this may be something they address in a future patch (hopefully sooner rather than later).

Last edited:
Having the same issue. Especially the hair is quite pixelated on the edges.
It almost looks like low res.
Might add a screen later...

Image quality for mirror seems odd.
Example (everything ingame maxed out + RT maxed), 100% crop.
Look at the hair and all the aliasing going on, even on mirror quality high.

Mirror quality high
high.jpg

Mirror quality medium
mid.jpg

Mirror quality low
low.jpg

Seems also rely to DLSS, since its getting worse when upping DLSS factor. Seems that mirrored pictures aren't upscaled.

Hmmm, but your DLSS is ok.
My Mirror Quality high was also done with DLSS Quality, but it looks like your image with DLSS Ultra Performane.
There is something broken. I checked my json file with all the settings, but DLSS is set to Quality.

:(

Seems also rely to DLSS, since its getting worse when upping DLSS factor. Seems that mirrored pictures aren't upscaled.

DLSS Ultra Performance:

View attachment 11081303

DLSS Quality:

View attachment 11081306

DLSS off:

View attachment 11081309

So it seems that setting DLSS high will result in this issue and turning it off will fix it for the users. But for others, is there any fix yet or it is mainly an issue with mirror reflections not working properly or upscaled?

Same with gtx 1070 facial hair looks like pixelated pubes, hair edges same, and why head facing slightly down when looking in the mirror, compared to the opening scene? It creates an ugly drop shadow on & around the eyes!
photomode_13122020_184143.png

Same problem here, I also noticed it also shows up when taking screenshot (pressing "N")
The other NPCs look stunning but my V, and her hair look like a QR code.
1607894117074.png

Thanks to everyone for sharing images of experiencing the same issue. Interesting to see DLSS plays a role in this as well, though as someone on a GTX 1070 which can't even enable DLSS and is still running into this issue, it seems there's something else going on as well.

Also, to anyone running into this issue and wants to bring to the attention of CDPR (as it appears this forum 'does not count as a report to CD PROJEKT RED's Technical Support' per the Sticky), if you could take a few minutes to submit it to the technical support site, that would be greatly appreciated (if you have images like the ones posted in this thread to show the issue that would be great to attach as well). I found a section on their support site on reporting visual issues in the game buried in their menus, so including the direct links to make it easier to access:

PC: https://support.cdprojektred.com/en/cyberpunk/pc/gameplay/issue/1736/contact-to-support
Playstation: https://support.cdprojektred.com/en/cyberpunk/playstation/gameplay/issue/1739/contact-to-support
Xbox: https://support.cdprojektred.com/en/cyberpunk/xbox/gameplay/issue/1742/contact-to-support

Hopefully if more people submit this and bring it to their attention, this may be something they address in a future patch (hopefully sooner rather than later).

Thanks.

Guest 4406876

I had this issue as well, no matter the detail, Maxed out or super low it doesn't change. It's still pixellated and weird, to a point I can't even see if she changes expression on the mirror, but I'm on a 980gtx so I thought It was a sort of "enforced" detail given by the card at .ini level (or whatever is it... .json) to make it run at least. I guess it's a bug then.

I think you got lucky with your mirrors. The mirror in the introduction sequence looked like a few of your pictures.
But my mirror in V's apartement:
photo_2020-12-18_00-27-54.jpg

Running on RTX2080 Ti with everything on max settings.

This "mirror" doesnt use ray tracing. It's just another placeholder in this game.

Top Bottom