Poor image quality when looking at V in mirror

+
So it seems that setting DLSS high will result in this issue and turning it off will fix it for the users. But for others, is there any fix yet or it is mainly an issue with mirror reflections not working properly or upscaled?
But if you turn DLSS Off when using ray tracing then you loose a decent amount of frames

When I look into the mirror my character has no hair, and looks really weird...

It happen when you have headgear equipped i think.
Yeah. And when your character is bald or shaved high, and you put hat on him, suddenly he has hairstyle under that hat like czechoslovakian football player. CP2077 literally crawls and drawns with such oversighst and inconsistencies. It's called low quality product i think.

So anyone found a fix for this besides turning off DLSS?
My character looks terrible in the mirror with RTX Ultra settings, especially the hair. Way too much shiny or something I don't know what's wrong with it.

hair.jpg

I get this was just a scam marketing video but this was the kind of cutscenes and mirroring effect I was expecting...

21A59881-0CF9-4EB1-B1F1-BB6C87B3F1AA.png

It's such a shame, as the game *IS* capable of amazing reflections... The first time I noticed this was early in the quest to get the FlatHead from the meat processing plant... In that cramped camera-riddled T-junction I nearly jumped out of my socks when I saw Jackie's reflection in a glass door and thought it was a Malstromer up ahead (but instead of being cool, it became a weird and immersion-breaking moment instead as there was no matching reflection of V — who's actually a vampire apparently.) ;) An easy way to see a realtime reflected character in window-glass is to pick up a body and carry it in front of a window... you'll see the NPC you're carrying over your shoulder reflected just as you'd expect, but not V. Hopefully CDPR fixes this eventually, so that V at least reflects properly off of building and especially car windows too...

Oh, and BTW, I do think the settings are buggered for certain world objects somehow... If you go to V's apartment, there's a perfect example of this... In V's stash, there's a stainless steel counter-top that can reflect the weapons and other clutter sitting on it... except when RTX is ON the stuff sitting on the counter DOESN'T reflect, yet when RTX is OFF they DO have realistic reflections. :p It's like the metal's RTX/non-RTX shaders are reversed/flipped.

Gonk mirror in V's apartment:
photomode_04022021_213243.jpg

Good mirror at Sunset Motel. Still something is wrong: in game edges are smooth, but in photo mode jagged:
photomode_02022021_222648.jpg

photomode_04022021_213243.jpgphotomode_02022021_222648.jpg

Last edited:
I think everything looks pixellated because mirrors use planar reflections, which are extremely performance taxing (basically you render the scene on screen twice), for this reason the internal rendering resolution of mirrors is lower than the target resolution you chose. If you put DLSS on top of that you are going to get an even lower resolution and a lower image quality.

i noticed a difference with the mirror of Vs apartment as well
she looks great in all the other mirrors

maybe its the lighting
Post automatically merged:

I get this was just a scam marketing video but this was the kind of cutscenes and mirroring effect I was expecting...
you must be new to gaming
thats not a gameplay trailer

Last edited:
They can't. That requires them to do 3rd person mode properly. They didn't want to. That's why V is invisible.
Hopefully they can just place another NPC actor into the same space as the player (looking like your inventory model) and then have it contribute to reflections but not the first-person camera. They already seem to be doing something similar to cast the player's shadow anyways... ;)

Why do decades old games have fully functioning mirrors that work in real time but a game from 2021 requires the long process of turning it on along with long animations (buying time to load the image, presumably) and the resulting image looking like 1/3 of current resolution? How taxing could it actually be? You can literally cull (hide) everything not in view to save performance.

Why do decades old games have fully functioning mirrors that work in real time but a game from 2021 requires the long process of turning it on along with long animations (buying time to load the image, presumably) and the resulting image looking like 1/3 of current resolution? How taxing could it actually be? You can literally cull (hide) everything not in view to save performance.
Maybe the culling system does not work properly on mirrors? I don't know if you have noticed that, but in V's apartment as soon as you interact with the mirror the shutters in the main room close themselves and open immediately after you stop looking at it. Is it done to save performance?

Maybe the culling system does not work properly on mirrors? I don't know if you have noticed that, but in V's apartment as soon as you interact with the mirror the shutters in the main room close themselves and open immediately after you stop looking at it. Is it done to save performance?
I never noticed that. Yes, most likely it is to save performance from having to calculate/keep track of the dynamic sunlight coming in the window.

They can't. That requires them to do 3rd person mode properly. They didn't want to. That's why V is invisible.

The HideFPPAvatar = "false" tweak that enables player reflections really isn't that bad. The animations are obviously rather jerky and awkward as they weren't made for 3rd person, but if they just found a way for the head to show that would be better than nothing IMHO. As the other poster mentioned, they must already be doing something like that for the player shadow anyway.

maybe it has something to do with the lighting?
other mirrors look great but the one in Vs apartment doesnt

edit:
just noticed that my gonk ass already commented that previously
sorry

Top Bottom