Poor Nithral...

+
Poor Nithral...

Nithral: 4 strength, 2 armor, frost damage +1, silver
Axeman: 2~4 strength, 2 armor, frost and any other damage +1, bronze

You can't really compare Nithraal to Axeman as Nithraal is solely focused on frost, whereas Axemen are affected by many different things.

Ye, I find it funny how everyone is complaining about Bears when the Axemen are just bonkers when combined with Frost.

Chac42;n8928730 said:
Ye, I find it funny how everyone is complaining about Bears when the Axemen are just bonkers when combined with Frost.

there are a trillion ways to shut them down

Both the bear and the axemen are competently absurd.

So just to clarify, a bear on the field does the following dmg to a harpy: -1 to the c. harpy, -1 to each of the egg, - 1 to each of the spawn harpy. So its 5 dmg + the 6 value. If he has a axemen in the field, its 6 (bear) + 5 (dmg) + 5 axemen buff.

Another good balancing example: bear vs woodland spirit, -1 to each of the wolves (3) -1 to each of the spawn foglets (3). So 6 (bear) + 6 (dmg) + 6 axemen buff.

Is CLEARLY working as intended.

If your going to buff the f. bear, at least remove the dmg to the spawn units. Its just ridiculous otherwise.

Last edited:
shroudb;n8928750 said:
there are a trillion ways to shut them down

Unlike bear ? And if you're gonna say "they're only 4" no, they're not.. you play the weather first, and if it sticks you play the axeman and it insta-grows to 7+.

True that axmen deck now is insane and OP. i removed nithral from my deck when i realized that a bronze skellige card is better than my silver .

I was doing pretty well on ladder until i got stuck on rank 12 cause of the axmen deck!

Chac42;n8930250 said:
Unlike bear ? And if you're gonna say "they're only 4" no, they're not.. you play the weather first, and if it sticks you play the axeman and it insta-grows to 7+.

yes, there are many more ways to shut down axemen than bears. Scorches, igni, dbombs, shrooms, peter, margarita, succubus, etc there are so many things you can do to counter them compared to bears

shroudb;n8937300 said:
yes, there are many more ways to shut down axemen than bears. Scorches, igni, dbombs, shrooms, peter, margarita, succubus, etc there are so many things you can do to counter them compared to bears

You say that like they're aren't bears, axemen, kambis, hjalmar's, weather, tremors and a million other things to deal with in the same deck. Let us not leave out renew/priestesses and the ability to repeat all of the aforementioned "shut downable" units.

I mean, it's not that hard to shut that shit right down. You just need to run like 4-5 removals and or locks specifically for those units. Trouble is it's overkill vs everything else, and some of those cards can hinder you vs other decks.

Last edited:
Restlessdingo32;n8937690 said:
You say that like they're aren't bears, axemen, kambis, hjalmar's, weather, tremors and a million other things to deal with in the same deck. Let us not leave out renew/priestesses and the ability to repeat all of the aforementioned "shut downable" units.

I mean, it's not that hard to shut that shit right down. You just need to run like 4-5 removals and or locks specifically for those units. Trouble is it's overkill vs everything else, and some of those cards can hinder you vs other decks.

you do understand that nothing has changed for axeman between this and the previous patch that he was seeing ZERO play right?

if you want to "nerf" axemen, nerf frost, that's all there is really, as a card, he's perfectly fine and answerable.

Top Bottom