Poor performance after blood&wine(?)

+
Poor performance after blood&wine(?)

Hello, I played the game for a long time, managed to finish it twice, plus the hearts of stone dlc, then dropped it for a while. Purchased blood&wine a while ago, but didn`t manage to play it because of free time. Came back last week in one of my saves and the game is close to unplayable unfortunately :(

I used mostly medium to low settings with ultra textures and water quality in 1366x768 resolution and got 35-40 fps most of the time. Sometimes I`d get a few stutters in Novigrad in crowded places, but nothing unmanageable. Now I`m getting 15 fps whenever Geralt isn`t walking in Skellige, which was always soft on my hardware. Fighting, riding, sprinting all takes the fps down too much to the point of getting any joy out of the game.

Specs are windows 8, i7-4810MQ 2.8GHz, 8Gb RAM, Geforce GTX860M

Only thing that changed since I stopped playing are the drivers and game version. Even if I set absolutely everything to low settings I still get 15 fps most of the time. Help, please

You're on a notebook, so ensure you are plugged in and running all power options in "Maximum Performance" mode, through both Windows and the GPU.

If that doesn't clear it up, verify / validate the installation and try disabling Steam / GOG overlay features.

If even that does nothing, try rolling back your drivers.

Let us know what becomes of this...situation...

What you might also have to do, considering that you're using a laptop is to have the dust from inside the computer cleaned. It might be the dust accumulated in a quantity sufficient enough to cause overheating of the CPU and GPU. When that happens, laptop gets automatically throttled down which severely degrades performance.

You can try cleaning it yourself, but without tutorial video or a manual I wouldn't try. You're best bet, if the dust is the cause, is to take it to a company that services computers and have them clean it.

Top Bottom