Pop Culture References (potential spoliers)

+
So I thought it might be fun of we start a thread listing all the pop culture references within Cyberpunk, because there are A LOT. It's one of the things I truly appreciate about the game. It was clearly made by sci-fi and pop culture geeks for sci-fi and pop culture geeks. I recognise many of them though for me to list them all would require another full playthrough of the game and I haven't actually finished my current playthough yet. I'll just put a few to start off, ones I can remember off the top of my head and then we can go from there.

Ezekiel Saw The Wheel - this random side mission in the burger joint is very clearly a reference to pulp fiction. Did this one today and now I'm gonna have Miserlou stuck in my head all day. Still worse soundtracks to life I guess 😂

Dead body in Pacifica - there's a random unmarked loot location in Pacifica it's one guy wearing a balaclava with two electric batons and is reference to the movie kick ass.

101 sign - there's another unmarked loot location in the badlands with a few dead bodies of guys LARPing. A reference to players of the Cyberpunk tabletop RPG and the Fallout tabletop RPG, LARPing in general and the Fallout games.

Those are just three I can remember off the top of my head to get the ball rolling. I'll add more as and when I can remember/come across them. There are a few I'm not sure of and I'm hoping someone else who is on the geek chic bandwagon can help me out.

Ok a couple more, there's a truck in the southern badlands between the biotechnica flats and Pacifica which is a reference to Mad Max Fury Road.

There's also a truck in the storm drain near the Arasaka compound where the floats are kept. That one is a reference to Terminator 2.

"Time to party like it is 2023."

Kinda

"Then tonight we're gonna party like it's 1699"

Amish Paradise, "Weird Al" Yankovic
[timestamped 0:42]

Though, I imagine the Arasaka tower raid with disco lights, and had the "Makes me feel better" in mind for the background. If I am going to a suicide raid, I lead the party.

Post automatically merged:

Then the "Electric Orgasm" where Dino is, that is the name of one ex-Yugoslavian rock band

And Dino is also an ex-Yu name, so there you go.

Last edited:
I started a threat about easter eggs even before the Cyberpunk 2077 launch. I think these are the same thing. Perhaps combine?

I started a threat about easter eggs even before the Cyberpunk 2077 launch. I think these are the same thing. Perhaps combine?
Similar yeah

So I thought it might be fun of we start a thread listing all the pop culture references within Cyberpunk, because there are A LOT. It's one of the things I truly appreciate about the game. It was clearly made by sci-fi and pop culture geeks for sci-fi and pop culture geeks. I recognise many of them though for me to list them all would require another full playthrough of the game and I haven't actually finished my current playthough yet. I'll just put a few to start off, ones I can remember off the top of my head and then we can go from there.

Ezekiel Saw The Wheel - this random side mission in the burger joint is very clearly a reference to pulp fiction. Did this one today and now I'm gonna have Miserlou stuck in my head all day. Still worse soundtracks to life I guess 😂

Dead body in Pacifica - there's a random unmarked loot location in Pacifica it's one guy wearing a balaclava with two electric batons and is reference to the movie kick ass.

101 sign - there's another unmarked loot location in the badlands with a few dead bodies of guys LARPing. A reference to players of the Cyberpunk tabletop RPG and the Fallout tabletop RPG, LARPing in general and the Fallout games.

Those are just three I can remember off the top of my head to get the ball rolling. I'll add more as and when I can remember/come across them. There are a few I'm not sure of and I'm hoping someone else who is on the geek chic bandwagon can help me out.
I really like the space ending where u c the blade runner reference
Post automatically merged:

All though, the fact it reset the mission after the ending made it a little bad cuz It didn't put the iconic In my inventory

There's an absolute ton of Matrix references in Cyberpunk.
Including the famous blue vs red pill in of the scenes with Johnny in control of V's body

Yeah, even the pills Misty gives you are packed in blue and red (and have similar effects) which is a clear reference to that same scene.

Top Bottom