possibility of game port to nintendo switch

+
possibility of game port to nintendo switch

Hi guys!!

I don't know if I'm thinking crazy, but I think that games like The Witcher 3 or, to greater extent, Gwen (thanks to the portability of the console) could work in nintendo switch. I don't know if that console can move The Witcher 3, so please don't kill me for saying that. I base on the future release of Skyrim, the new open world of zelda and many comment on internet that seem to be interested in this type of games on nintendo switch.

Last edited:
Don't think so. I believe they are 100% focused on cyberpunk at the moment, besides this new console from nintendo will most likely flop hard, like the wii u did.

maybe you are right about they are focused on cyberpunk, but I don't think nintedo will flop.There has been no communication errors like with wiiu, the concept of the console is really clear. the multiplayer options of this console make it perfect for games as gwent. and if the console has enought power, maybe cyberlink might work on it (depending on the sales of the console).

I could see Gwent standalone on the Switch, what with it being mobile focused and all. Cyberpunk and Witcher? Not so much. The system strikes me as being too under powered. Barely one teraflop from what I have heard.

sv3672

Forum veteran
Pug.;n7656470 said:
I could see Gwent standalone on the Switch, what with it being mobile focused and all. Cyberpunk and Witcher? Not so much. The system strikes me as being too under powered. Barely one teraflop from what I have heard.

1 TF is not much less than what a GTX 750 Ti is capable of (~1.4), and that can run TW3 fine. Thus, it could be possible at somewhat reduced resolution and settings. Not sure about the ARM CPU and 4 GB (?) RAM, however.

sv3672;n7656850 said:
1 TF is not much less than what a GTX 750 Ti is capable of (~1.4), and that can run TW3 fine. Thus, it could be possible at somewhat reduced resolution and settings. Not sure about the ARM CPU and 4 GB (?) RAM, however.

Nvidia Shield can move it, and Switch has a tegra as Shield has. 4 GB RAM is enough considering that in PC there are many background services, and PS and Xbox also have (services like chat voices and more) but, in Switch, this services are executed in a mobile (I think this is a intelligent movement to reduce RAM cost to use it to the games).

So I hope to see some games like Cyberpunk in it if the sales are enough and play this games on the go :)

Please CD Red, please port The Witcher 3 to the Nintendo Switch console (in physical cartridge form of course), it would be utterly awesome to be able to play this in handheld form, literally a dream come true! Even if it needed a box set of umpteen cartridges to play handheld, it would be utterly amazing! Thankyou and Keep up the great work!

Personally id LOVE to see this. But,I don't think the Switch has the HW resources for TW3 to be playable. XB1/PS4 barely scrape 30fps and Switch is not as powerful as them. The extent the game would need to be down-scaled (not just in resolution) would probably not make for an enjoyable experience. I'm not talking from a purely aesthetic perspective here.

I recently watched a couple of GDC videos where the reds discuss how they designed TW3. Also watched some stuff on how the game constantly streams in open world content so when you pan your camera, you always see stuff seamlessly appear. I don't think the switch has enough memory to hold all of that but, the speed of the memory is also really slow compared to that of XB1/PS4.

I know that Switch is an ARM based system so if that changes anything then awesome. I'd love to see this but, I don't think the Switch has the bandwidth.

Witcher 3 port no way; Witcher 1 and 2, possible; Gwent totally... but being realistic, i don't thing that they're (CD Proyekt) making anything for the Swich... Cyber Punk is the priority.

That would require rewriting the game to use Vulkan or OpenGL (or to use a wrapper). CDPR already halted the TW3 for Linux project that could help with that. Plus, Switch is simply way too weak for such game.

Edwelt_Hunter;n9054590 said:
but being realistic, i don't thing that they're (CD Proyekt) making anything for the Swich...

Unfortunately, that seems to be the most likely, I think they are somewhat conservative when it comes to supporting more platforms, it is basically Windows PCs and Microsoft and Sony consoles. But the first two games have not been ported to the current generation consoles either, other than TW2 on the XB1, which is just the X360 version running with the help of a compatibility layer. Even previous plans to port The Witcher 3 and GOG Galaxy to Linux are apparently being abandoned, or at least there have not been news about them for a long time. I agree that rght now Cyberpunk and GWENT are probably the highest priority projects, though.

They're sure as fuck not going to go to the effort of doing any kind of reissue of niche single player stuff like Pikmin 3 or Paper Mario: Color Splash.

It's more likely for something like Gwent or the Witcher Adventure Game, but for the Witcher 3? There's a higher chance of hell freezing over.

Top Bottom