Possibility of mod accessibility across multiple platforms?

+
I don't quite know if this has already been asked and or addressed previously but as far as mods go for PC it's most likely a definite. But for us who can't afford a rig and play on console it's something I'd like to see implemented into the Xbox ecosystem, I think it would be a great feature. Maybe added into a similar system like what Bethesda does for Fallout 4 and Skyrim. Because I find they can add an extra level of depth and open up more possibilities for the game world/immersion. Plus they're just fun and could add more things for character customization and so on. As for PS4 I don't know if this would happen with Sonys stance and limitations on the system itself. Thanks for any feedback that this may provide, hopefully this is something to consider for us plebs 😅.

As someone who’s only an Xbox no PS4 or PC I don’t see why they couldn’t implement Mods for Xbox. PS4 I don’t see that happening at all because Sony wants to protect the children with no external assets

There is no official mod support for CP2077, so i doubt there will be console mods at all.

As someone who’s only an Xbox no PS4 or PC I don’t see why they couldn’t implement Mods for Xbox. PS4 I don’t see that happening at all because Sony wants to protect the children with no external assets
Agreed, hopefully this is something they can think about adding in later after the work on the game itself starts to slow down more.
Post automatically merged:

There is no official mod support for CP2077, so i doubt there will be console mods at all.
Well yeah that's a given seeing as how it's seven months away, but that doesn't take away the possibility of them going across multiple platforms.

jt4gov

Forum regular
Agreed, hopefully this is something they can think about adding in later after the work on the game itself starts to slow down more.
Post automatically merged:

Well yeah that's a given seeing as how it's seven months away, but that doesn't take away the possibility of them going across multiple platforms.
It won't be possible without a service like Bethesda's website. Which also isn't likely at all to happen since they've said they won't be supporting mods at launch.

Disappointing, but that's where we're at right now.

It won't be possible without a service like Bethesda's website. Which also isn't likely at all to happen since they've said they won't be supporting mods at launch.

Disappointing, but that's where we're at right now.
Hmm that's disheartening, maybe it's something they can work on later on at some point.

Paradox started doing this too, actually. https://mods.paradoxplaza.com/

Pretty cool stuff. They currently have the system set up for Surviving Mars and maybe a few others (can't recall).

I don't see a reason CDPR couldn't do the same, but I don't think it's likely. Paradox and Bethesda have always been pro-mod (as far as I know, anyway), so it's no surprise to see them offer that functionality. CDPR, on the other hand, has never been all that pro-mod. They provide basic tools (Except TW2, but gosh that was an odd game to spend time developing full mod tools for) at best.

Many of us hope this will change with 2077 due to its wide appeal (especially on PC), expanded gameplay freedom, open world, and inevitable sales success.

For now, let's just pray for good tools in the first place, then we can start asking for more.

Last edited:

jt4gov

Forum regular
Paradox started doing this too, actually. https://mods.paradoxplaza.com/

For now, let's just pray for good tools in the first place, then we can start asking for more.
I could be wrong on this, but IIRC, Bethesda's tools are basically the kit they use when developing the game (without licensed stuff they can't release) and it's usually something they have in mind when developing the game to begin with.

I'm pretty sure this is why Witcher 3 mods were so barebones. They released it more as an afterthought and were a heavily stripped down tool.

I know they said no mods at launch, but they also said it's something they were interested in IIRC. If so, then I'd hope they have a small team to give us proper tools instead of what they did for Witcher 3 (though it's doubtful), because otherwise there isn't really even a point.

I could be wrong on this, but IIRC, Bethesda's tools are basically the kit they use when developing the game (without licensed stuff they can't release) and it's usually something they have in mind when developing the game to begin with.

I'm pretty sure this is why Witcher 3 mods were so barebones. They released it more as an afterthought and were a heavily stripped down tool.

I know they said no mods at launch, but they also said it's something they were interested in IIRC. If so, then I'd hope they have a small team to give us proper tools instead of what they did for Witcher 3 (though it's doubtful), because otherwise there isn't really even a point.
You're correct.

This time around, they've said more recently that mod support is planned (as of a few days ago, I think), but that they can't make any promises. So at least they have been keeping it in mind earlier into the dev cycle this time around. Before they said that, I was really doubtful, but now I have hope.

You're correct.

This time around, they've said more recently that mod support is planned (as of a few days ago, I think), but that they can't make any promises. So at least they have been keeping it in mind earlier into the dev cycle this time around. Before they said that, I was really doubtful, but now I have hope.
Even better. I wasn't aware of this. I was going off of what they said (I think) last year after E3. If they're still discussing that they want it in, then that's something to hope for.

Even better. I wasn't aware of this. I was going off of what they said (I think) last year after E3. If they're still discussing that they want it in, then that's something to hope for.
Agreed!

Just for reference, this is what I'm referring to: https://forums.cdprojektred.com/ind...-news-previews.11007793/page-45#post-11682737

Paraphrased by @Rawls:

CDPR absolutely wants to include modding later on their roadmap for the game. Game is a great Sandbox for players to use, however, creating modding tools in the Engine is not simple, and they are focused on making the game first. So they can't promise anything, but it is planned.

So, again, not confirmation, but it's much better than "we dunno now stop asking."

Not gonna happen, but I WOULD LOVE some simple mod on ps4, don't care of sweetfx, new models and weird stuff, but something like a "realism mode" with no levels, bullet sponges and "realistic" stats is my wet dream.

Top Bottom