Possible bug about Harmony

+
Here is the situation: I have a dryad fledgling on board. Then I play Gimpy Gerwin, which has human as primary category. Since its a neutral card. The fledgling does not get boosted. Then I play hawker smuggler, which also has human as primary category, but is a ST card. Yet the fledgling still does not get boosted. It seems that the presence of Gimpy Gerwin has already been counted as a human unit, which prevent the ST human unit to trigger the Harmony.
The description of Harmony may be a little bit ambiguous. Is it a bug, or is it designed to work in this way? Since dryad fledgling definitely cannot live in harmony with Gerwin, why even count it and prevent the real human type ST unit to live in harmony with dryad fledgling?

rrc

Forum veteran
Damn It. Harmony is already weak and on top of that there are bugs like this too? I think we should create a support ticket.

I tried Harmony today and I honestly didn't really like it. I feel like it has too many inconsistencies compared to Thrive and Assimilate. It needs some fine-tuning.

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc
I can confirm, units unable to proc harmony do count as a unique unit type from that category being played.

On an unrelated note... I just noticed Great Oak doesn't count face down traps as "cards" either.....

The bug is still there. Harmony not triggering off the dwarven skirmishers. Sometimes it works, sometimes it does not, it is completely random.

It's probably not the way Harmony was intended to work. Please, contact CDPR support and let them know about it.
I have copied what I wrote in my post and contacted the CDPR support. Here is the e-mail reply I received.
"
Hello,

The interaction you described is as designed, we really appreciate your feedback concerning clarity of it.

Best regards,
Cheesevendor

"
Is it that I didn't describe the situation clearly? Or is it just that they consider it as intended?

Sorry for necroing a thread, but I can't post new threads yet. I just now solved the problem of not being able to log in here. I wanted to bring this issue up again. It has not been solved. Example: have a dryad fledgling on board, play Francis Bedlam (KoB the card). It should not proc harmony, and it doesn't, but it also should not prevent harmony procs from human tag ST cards. The game explicitly tells us that harmony means: "Boost self by 1 whenever you play a Scoia'tael unit on your side whose primary category is unique among other allied Scoia'tael units"

So Francis Bedlam's category should not matter as he is not among other allied ST units, yet when you play a Hawker Smuggler afterwards, it does not proc harmony.

hi, I think this is intended and not a bug. Harmony procs for each unique, primary ST category on the board. Francis does not proc harmony since he is a neutral card. However he correctly prevents subsequent scioatel cards like Milva from triggering harmony since there is already a human on the board.

Not a bug IMHO.

Last edited:
hi, I think this is intended and not a bug. Harmony procs for each unique, primary ST category on the board. Francis does not proc harmony since he is a neutral card. However he correctly prevents subsequent scioatel cards like Milva from triggering harmony since there is already a human on the board.

Not a bug IMHO.
I just explained specifically why it isn't intended. Not according to the Harmony definition in-game. Did you miss that?
"Boost self by 1 whenever you play a Scoia'tael unit on your side whose primary category is unique among other allied Scoia'tael units" It should not make human tag non-unique from Francis, as he is not a ST unit. Playing a Hawker Smuggler means playing a ST unit with the Human category, and that Human category is unique among other allied Scoia'tael units. Francis shouldn't count.
And the treant trap prevents harmony to trigger from treants :/
This is working as intended, Treant Mantis: Strike is never played, it appears by transforming from an artifact. After that, the Treant category is no longer unique among allied ST units.

Sorry for necroing a thread, but I can't post new threads yet. I just now solved the problem of not being able to log in here. I wanted to bring this issue up again. It has not been solved. Example: have a dryad fledgling on board, play Francis Bedlam (KoB the card). It should not proc harmony, and it doesn't, but it also should not prevent harmony procs from human tag ST cards. The game explicitly tells us that harmony means: "Boost self by 1 whenever you play a Scoia'tael unit on your side whose primary category is unique among other allied Scoia'tael units"

So Francis Bedlam's category should not matter as he is not among other allied ST units, yet when you play a Hawker Smuggler afterwards, it does not proc harmony.

I agree with what you are saying. It's either a bug, or the description of harmony is wrong. It clearly states that the only units that matter are Scoia'tael units when assessing whether harmony procs or not.
Based on the posts back in April, it sounds like the interaction is intended, which means the wording is wrong then.
I suggest reporting it as a bug, as either the proc condition needs adjustment, or the description of harmony needs changing.

Top Bottom