[POSSIBLE BUG] Monster Deck = Gwent Crash

+
I'm still really new to this game and this forum, so I'm not sure if there is a designated place to report bugs. I assume this section will do, I'm just not sure if I'm experiencing a bug, or if there is a fix for this.

Here's are the order of events:
  1. Played Gwent
  2. Left Gwent on, watched some Netflix
  3. Came back - it's a "New Day"
  4. Checked New Quest: Win 3 matches with a Monster Deck
  5. Went to Card Collections
  6. Clicked on Monster Deck
  7. Gwent has encountered an error and must close
  8. Sent Error Report
  9. Couldn't select YES to close window. Pressed Alt F4
  10. Logged back in
  11. Clicked on Monster Deck again
  12. (repeat of 7-10)
  13. Right-Clicked Monster Deck to try to DELETE it
  14. (repeat of 7-10)
  15. Clicked on Create New Deck
  16. Selected Monster
  17. (repeat of 7-10)
The actual error displayed is as follows:

Gwent has encountered an error and must close.
A crash report named "Crash_2018-07-31_195036" has been generated. These files can be sent to CDProjektRED for analysis. Would you like to open this folder now?

I can't press Yes or No in this dialog. I've tried tabbing to it, left clicking, right clicked, etc. I can send the crash report dialog (like the Bug Splat from League), but I can't close the Gwent error dialog or close Gwent. So the only option is to Alt+F4.

Running Gwent on PC. Windows 10

EDIT: I just tried to access a different deck, and the game crashed again.

Last edited:
So the game worked fine before it started to act like that?

Please verify/repair the game via gog galaxy. You can also completely uninstall the game, and try a fresh installation.

I wound up just turning the game off for the night, and it's working fine today.

I don't really know what caused the issue :\
But perhaps just the fact that the computer was rebooted helped. (Maybe it's something to do with the files in a temp folder that got corrupted? I dunno)

Anyway, you can close this thread. Problem solved :)

It‘s possible that a Windows Update is responsible for the problem. Perhaps that is why rebooting solved it.

Top Bottom