Possible conflict for publishing in Germany

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just stumbled upon the symbol that is used on the card "Morana Runestone".

It is a so called "wolf trap" (original "Wolfsangel") and was used from the "Werwolf"-division (a terror organization esp. towards the end of WW II) of the nazis. After the war it was re-used by "Junge Front", a neo-nazi organization that existed until 1982.

The public use of that symbol in Germany is forbidden and (probably more important for DSPR) indictable. 3 years in prison or (more likely) a substantial fine.

I'm not interested in a debate about neo-nazis nor their symbols, I just wanted to point to it as a publishing issue. It's up to DSPR, how they deal with it.

(Lots of games in Germany were taken from the market and/or made 18+ because of such symboils, that's why I see the need to inform about it)

4RM3D

Ex-moderator
Seeing as the card has been out for a while now and no one has made an issue out of it yet, it's probably not a big deal. Also, considering it's a fantasy game and the Morana symbol doesn't really match the Wolfsangel, any similarity is probably just coincidental.

Regardless, if you are concerned, feel free to contact support. They can investigate this matter and see if any (legal) action is required.

Lastly, I'm closing this thread because of its sensitive nature and because any discussion is likely going to break the forum rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom