Possible deleted content involving the lodge in act 3

+
I’ll start by saying that Yen choosing Ciri over the Lodge (or anyone for that matter, except perhaps Geralt) is definitely IN character.

Sure, but there's nothing about Blinky as a reason for that in lines from OP. Actually, Geralt is changing the thread of dialogue: 'We need to focus on Ciri'

And I don't see another motivation in the world for Yen to do something like that

Yeah, but its too short in my opinion...i would say all or nothing...A few lines does not fit.

It is indeed short, but it does tell what really matters from the characters' point of view (i.e. that Triss understands that she did wrong, but Geralt does not put the blame on her). There could have been more content to let new players understand the relationship from the first two games better. Although the best option is simply to play those games first.

Last edited:
Not exactly weaker, I would say more like, inconsistent in their powers. Sabrina being the prime example.

Their power was inconsistent in the books as well,but overall I'd say they were much weaker in the games.Triss passes out from creating a barrier,Margarita and Sheala get captured,four powerful mages can't heal Sheala's wounds,ect.

Last edited:
Sure, but there's nothing about Blinky as a reason for that in lines from OP. Actually, Geralt is changing the thread of dialogue: 'We need to focus on Ciri'

And I don't see another motivation in the world for Yen to do something like that

It is implied that whatever deal she made was in the interest of helping Ciri somehow... and Geralt is saying, let's focus on helping Ciri "now", as in actually going to the tower instead of indulging in a guilt trip in the middle of a new conjunction.

PS: Koschei ftw...

---------- Updated at 08:33 PM ----------

Their was inconsistent in the books as well,but overall I'd say they were much weaker in the games.Triss passes out from creating a barrier,Margarita and Sheala get captured,four powerful mages can't heal Sheala's wounds,ect.

Agreed.

I have to say if I haven't read the books,I'd probably think that Sabrina is the most powerful sorceress in the world.No mage in the games came close to her awesomeness.

It is implied that whatever deal she made was in the interest of helping Ciri somehow... and Geralt is saying, let's focus on helping Ciri "now", as in actually going to the tower instead of indulging in a guilt trip in the middle of a new conjunction.

Again, I agree with idea, but...Help Ciri how? The only danger for the Mistress of Time and Space is The Wild Cosplayers. Emhyr, or Radovid, or whoever else are not a real threats for her. I can't believe that the reason behind that is the imperial fleet to standing up against Naglfar in exchange for Lodge, this is ridiculous.

There's gotta be way bigger story arc that demands rewriting of the game final from scratch (*please, please, please, CDPR*)

PS: Koschei ftw...

True :cheers2:

How on earth is he supposed to subdue the sorceress in the first place? Short of a nuclear bomb, I don’t see it happening.
Dimeritium bombs, Dimeritium nets, Dimeritium harpoons. Not to mention Nilfgaard has a legion of mages who are extremely loyal. One of whom already proved herself capable of turning Triss into a statue and playing Phillipa like a flute.

Thus, only a surprise attack would work. But I just don’t see these experiences mages not being at least suspicious of the whole affair and not having some basic precautions ready. Even the most trusting among them, Triss, has some fresh memories of her dealing with them and would definitely be wary. Phillipa would definitely be so.
Phillipa was nabbed rather easily in Loc Muinne, they are people not super humans. They are fighting a battle against giant skeleton-elves from another dimension. Maybe they would let their guard down for a second. Sit down afterwards, have a cup of tea, then bam mugged by black ones.
Yen makes common ground with them and all the sorceress together lay waste to the Nifgaardian expedition for what Emhyr wanted to do with them
That would achieve absolutely nothing. Where would they go? If Emhyr or Radovid win the war they have no where except Kovir and Kovir would not be willing to risk it's relation with Nilfgaard to house a bunch of women that have a history of treason and who just turned their long time partner's fleet into cinders. If Dijkstra wins the non-Phillipas may be welcome.
A) The sorceresses need to be naive and stupid.
No change there then.

However, who are the fans being serviced by a scenario like this? Yen haters?
I don't just hate Yen...

Last edited:
I am astonished that some people still think she would do that, even though I and others already brought up evidence that she never did this, like ever. She never risked once a life for her doings or anyone else, why start now?

Even at the very start when Yennefer casted a spell on Geralt to do some dirty jobs for her, she sent Dandelion back to him to vouch for his innocence in this. If she was evil or wouldn't care about others at all, she wouldn't have done this.
She even commands him to leave her and the djinn alone, otherwise she can't guarantee that the djinn will hurt and eventually kill him too. For instance Philippa probably wouldn't have done that, because she wouldn't care about that.

I doubt she would even sell out the Lodge for Ciri, because not only wouldn't Ciri ever forgive her for that, sacrificing lives for her, Yen would also betray the only "friends" she ever had in the last 100 years.

Yennefer betraying other sorceresses is like Geralt betraying other witchers, it's just ooc. Geralt and Lambert are also not exactly BFF, their relationship is also unsteady, yet neither of them would ever sacrifice the other one.

Now to assume she would betray them, people she knows for more than 50 years, is just...I wouldn't believe that for a second.

Just shows how poor the introduction of her was in the game, if people actually believe such things, and just sad when even book readers believe that.

Dimeritium bombs, Dimeritium nets, Dimeritium harpoons. Not to mention Nilfgaard has a legion of mages who are extremely loyal. One of whom already proved herself capable of turning Triss into a statue and playing Phillipa like a flute.
The arsenal you are describing could certainly pose an intersting challenge to them for a while. Before they teleport away :)
In any case that battle would be a sight to behold.

The first mage you are talking about is dead, the other is, also dead? If not I doubt temping her with some BDSM will work in that particular situation.
And as for the other mages, sure he has them, but for reasons, they can't be there, otherwise they wouldn't have to rely on the lodge in the first place.

Phillipa was nabbed rather easily in Loc Muinne, they are people not super humans. They are fighting a battle against giant skeleton-elves from another dimension. Maybe they would let their guard down for a second. Sit down afterwards, have a cup of tea, then bam mugged by black ones.
Like I said, they wouldn't lower their guard. Phillipa was taken by surpirse iirc.

That would achieve absolutely nothing. Where would they go? If Emhyr or Radovid win the war they have no where except Kovir and Kovir would not be willing to risk it's relation with Nilfgaard to house a bunch of women that have a history of treason and who just turned their long time partner's fleet into cinders. If Dijkstra wins the non-Phillipas may be welcome.
They can stay in Skelligue idk.

I don't just hate Yen...
Me either.

The arsenal you are describing could certainly pose an intersting challenge to them for a while. Before they teleport away :)
In any case that battle would be a sight to behold.
They would be in chains before they had the chance.

Like I said, they wouldn't lower their guard. Phillipa was taken by surpirse iirc.
I think they would do exactly that.
They can stay in Skelligue idk.
Fair enough. Although not sure the Skelligans would be pleased about it.

---------- Updated at 09:37 PM ----------

She never risked once a life for her doings or anyone else, why start now?
Skelligan sailors? She risked their lives. Whether they were volunteers or not.

By the way in this cut content Yen does a very similar thing to what Triss does in TW2.

Yep. Triss tried to avoid global witch hunt and prove Geralt's innocent. Not bad reason to sell the Lodge.
So if Yenn does same for Ciri...why not? Especially, if you consider Yenn as a "true" mother for Ciri. Despite all - mother always protect her child. It's a natural process.

p.s. but I still think Emhyr tricked her somehow...

Skelligan sailors.
Finding Villgefortz
All died.

She risked their lives. Whether they were volunteers or not.

If she could have sailed alone on a boat, she would probably have done it.

The skelligan soldiers knew the risk, because they were told so by her, so it would be unfair to say that she intentionally risked their lives, even though she even told them that. They could have just declined, but they didn't. Some of them because of her, some of them because of Ciri.

‘I know. She did not want any of us to run the risk… only volunteers. So she asked for two dragon boats…’

‘I have the two ships you asked for. The ‘Alcyone’ and the‘Tamara’. And the crew. The ‘Alcyone'
is captained by Guthlaf, son of Sven, because he asked for the honour. You must have impressed him Yennefer.

‘Look who’s talking. Hjalmar has personal reasons to ask to be included in the crew. I could not refuse him.’

As you should know the skelligan have that thing with honour, so dying is not exactly the worst fate for them, the way how they die is important.

Vilgefortz, ehh, that fu----guy deserved worse...

Yep. Triss tried to avoid global witch hunt and prove Geralt's innocent. Not bad reason to sell the Lodge.
So if Yenn does same for Ciri...why not? Especially, if you consider Yenn as "true" mother for Ciri. Despite all - mother always protect her child. It's a natural process.

p.s. but I still think Emhyr tricked her somehow...

Because it's...well...bad.Like really bad and immoral.It's kinda funny that Yen and Triss do such things,since they're supposed to be 'nice' sorceresses.

I doubt she would even sell out the Lodge for Ciri, because not only wouldn't Ciri ever forgive her for that, sacrificing lives for her, Yen would also betray the only "friends" she ever had in the last 100 years.

Yennefer betraying other sorceresses is like Geralt betraying other witchers, it's just ooc. Geralt and Lambert are also not exactly BFF, their relationship is also unsteady, yet neither of them would ever sacrifice the other one.

Now to assume she would betray them, people she knows for more than 50 years, is just...I wouldn't believe that for a second.

I mostly agree with your opinion of Yen, but this part is simply not true. Mages are not witchers, they are way more arrogant, treacherous and they are very skilled at lying and hypocrisy. There are only few mages you can trust. Just look at Thanedd, even during the banquet all the mages just pretend they like each other, but then they just slander others whenever they can. The finale is the Thanedd Coup, remember Francesca who later becomes a member of the Lodge - she was ready to slaughter her future colleagues from the Lodge. Carduin runs away instead of helping his neutral colleagues. Philippa does not care about victims of her coup.

And other examples of mages and their relations. Remember the Yen - Philippa megascope dialogue from the books and the betrayal by Triss (Yen's best friend) when she sides with the Lodge. Or mages from Rissberg - remember Harlan Tzara's fate and Pinety who rather left the North.

I am not saying that Yennefer is evil bitch (she is way better than most mages). The dialogue just needs much more context and even some changes, but i.e. betrayal of Philippa makes so much sense. Betrayal of Rita is OOC, that's true. But letting her to be imprisoned? I can imagine that (again context needed).

If she could have sailed alone on a boat, she would probably have done it.

The skelligan soldiers knew the risk, because they were told so by her, so it would be unfair to say that she intentionally risked their lives, even though she even told them that. They could have just declined, but they didn't. Some of them because of her, some of them because of Ciri.

As you should know the skelligan have that thing with honour, so dying is not exactly the worst fate for them, the way how they die is important.

Vilgefortz, ehh, that fu----guy deserved worse...
...So she is still willing to risk people's lives. Not willing to risk the lives of the unwilling however.

Because it's...well...bad.Like really bad and immoral.
What's so bad about confessing treason and revealing a secret organisation of traitors?

Top Bottom