Possible First Look At Cyberpunk 2077’s User Interface Assets

+
Possible First Look At Cyberpunk 2077’s User Interface Assets

a Reddit member called TheLastWitcher shared the following images, giving us a glimpse at the game’s User Interface assets. And from the looks of it, the game will feature a dialogue system similar to Mass Effect. These images were found inside The Witcher 3’s files, meaning that the final UI assets may differ.
Maybe those are just placeholders and the final product will look completely different, especially because this would have been very early in development.

Doesn't sound very reassuring if it ends up being the case... That hints towards a "keyword dialog wheel" system that I am not really comfortable with. I'd much rather have a conventional dialog interface than something like that.

Yeah, the 4 options dialogue wheel would totally go down well with everyone.

Just old assets for testing purposes, one can only hope.
If not, then god help us all.

i thought it was forbidden to comment on leaked contents

4 options dialog wheel? fallout 4 has it, nobody likes it :s

why are this files in the files of the witcher 3 anyway?

Last edited:
Awww hellll no.

It isn't "Mass Effect"-like, it's "Fallout 4"-like. The worst dialogue system for an RPG you could possibly have (while still pretending to be an RPG).

RPGs NEED a menu based dialogue system that can have as many options and choices as can be programmed into the game for the situations at hand.
So sure, you can have your core hub, (Of at least six options, NOT a craptastic button mapping.), but the options in that hub should not be a dialogue option itself but a path to other themed options.

Dialogue is so important to an RPG, it needs to have plenty of options in any given situations for players to really play the character they want to play or at least something close to it, with special options based on skills, class, race, hell even gender.

We need a huge expansion on what Fallout New Vegas offered. I can't tell you how much I loved getting special options because I happened to have Luck 7, or Intelligence 8 or whatever. We need MORE options like that showing up.

Crappy, lazy, limited dialogue systems are the absolute best... way to make your game feel far less like an RPG game, or that cares about player choice.

I don't care if that is really old test data, but it shows a mindset and a possibility. In the off chance that this message even gets seen or if others might have similar ideas, I'd rather shout into the wind needlessly on this point than see more RPGs get plagued by awful dialogue.

Fallout 4 is not that great of a game, despite me loving it, and the dialogue system is THE worst thing about it, and is absolute utter trash for an RPG where want to be playing your own character.

Edit: Spoilered instead of deleting everything:

*Coughs*

I would be pretty disappointed if the CP77 dialogue looked anything like that.

Last edited:
two things:
they know how fallout 4's dialog system was received. it's the thing that gets brought up the most on the internet.
and a lot of the times the witcher 3 didn't actually have more than 4 choices in a dialog scene. but that doesn't mean we need an artificial limitation. and I'm pretty sure they know this as well. they are praised for being good at writing stories after all.

Please no. Not this stupid dialogue system again.
There's should be as much dialogues choices as possible, not only 4. I hope it's not true.

---------- Updated at 05:12 PM ----------

two things:
they know how fallout 4's dialog system was received. it's the thing that gets brought up the most on the internet.
and a lot of the times the witcher 3 didn't actually have more than 4 choices in a dialog scene. but that doesn't mean we need an artificial limitation. and I'm pretty sure they know this as well. they are praised for being good at writing stories after all.

Yeah, but TW3 dialogues system is not exactly the best thing ever, expecially if compared with TW1 system.

Last edited:
Interesting, who knows whether this is true or not.

Also, the dialogue UI can change several times before the game is released so I wouldn't take this too seriously.

Top Bottom