Possible Marketing idea?

+
I have an inspired idea that I would like for the CD Projekt Red team to consider.
First off i want to say of course I understand that CDPR would already have a very extensive marketing plan for the game in place and/or this idea is not in CDPR's best interests.

However if they would entertain the idea for a moment, my plan would be a marketing collaboration between CD Project Red and Arch Motorcycle for the up coming release of Cyberpunk 2077 in April 2020.

Motorcycles are available to the player to ride around on across Nightcity, Keanu Reeves is Co-founder of a Motorcycle company based in California, I thnk a collaboration is necessary. There are so many pieces to this puzzle just waiting to be fit together, not only Because Keanu Reeves is a co founder of Arch Motor cycle company but because is passionate about motorcycles. He is also confirmed to be the character Johhny Silverhand in Cyberpunk, I believe this presents a unique opportunity to capitalize on a new venture that would greatly benifit both parties.

If possible I would love to see CD Projekt Red commission a custom Motorcycle made by Keanu Reeve's company Arch motorcycle's, if completed and if Keanu (or his company is willing to participate) he should be given the real life Johhny Silverhand treatment, I mean a full cosplay outfit, silver arm sleeve, bulletproof vest and aviators, make him really look like his counterpart in the 2019 Cyberpunk E3 trailer.

From here make a TV spot or trailer featuring Keanu promoting the game, posters, other marketing material, and internet marketing campaign using Johnny Silverhand as the face with the custom bike as his personal transport, what rocker boy wouldn't ride the streets on a powerful [Akira style/Kusunagi Model] motorcycle?

I think this would not only provide a fantastic opportunity to create marketing material for the game that would be (to my knowledge) never done before but also help out Arch Motorcycle with some amazing publicity. I feel like the internet would just lap it up and it would generate a lot of positive publicity.

Thoughts? Feedback? I would be open to discussions or possible theoretical idea's.

The only fantastic marketing opportunity this creates is for Arch motorcycles specifically and not the other way around. If CP77 wanted a motorcycle, I'm sure they'd be able to go about it without advertising Arch Motorcycles.

No offense, but this leaves me wondering why - of all the marketing opportunities available - you're promoting Arch Motorcycles. It's RARE for people to actively want advertisement in their game.

It's nice to see you passionate if this is genuine though...

Well I see it was a two way deal, not only would Arch get publicity but there would be a real life Kusanagi Model Motorcycle, even if it is a concept.
Also think about the motorcycle enthusiasts that would otherwise be oblivious to the Cyberpunk game, perhaps this way they would see information about the game and be inclined to buy it?

Of course this is just an idea that I felt like I had to share, whether it be practical or not is up to whomever see's the potential in it at CDPR/ARCH.

Last edited:
I'd want a weapon advertisement with a brand new model Kriss gun which could be available through the game a few months before its release in gun stores... :ROFLMAO:

(but it sounded better in my head though)

I'm going to assume you yourself are a motorbike enthusiast. :ROFLMAO: If that's correct, I like your moxxy and passion.

I've nothing against this theoretical proposal, as long as the cooperation is purely in the spirit of love for Cyberpunk, and not just a marketing scheme where CDPR awkwardly tries to heap PR upon Arch motorcycles. Something that makes people go "That's a cool bike! I wonder who made it!" and not "It's apparently an Arch Motorbike since Keanu has mentioned Arch a dozen times now and also the name is spelt in big neon letters and fireworks above the rotating platform." Done correctly, I'd actually kinda like it.

Practically, I can foresee some practical objections.

First off, I'm not sure the market for Motorcycle enthusiasts and Cyberpunk videogames overlaps enough to be worth the effort, time and money.

Second, the Akira style/Kusunagi Model motorcycle carry additional licensing issues with it. It'd turn into five way licensing mess between Pondsmith's Cyberpunk table top games, CDPR, Arch Motorcycles, Keanu Reeves' likeness and the creators behind Akira/Ghost in the Shell.

IF somehow you'd manage to overcome ALL these concerns and CDPR agrees with you Phoenix-V? If that happens?

Your idea is AWESOME and should happen ASAP. I'm not the biggest fan of ANY of these five things, but I can imagine the subset of gamers who'd geek out over these things specifically, being so delighted that I'd experience their enthusiasm vicariously and then agree that the results were well worth it.

Thank you for sharing your insanely wonderful notion. :D I'd never have thought of it. I don't think anyone on these forums, but you, would ever have thought of it. Hope CDPR sees it.

Last edited:
I'm going to assume you yourself are a motorbike enthusiast. :ROFLMAO: If that's correct, I like your moxxy and passion.
I am not, but I assume that motorcycle enthusiasts that are following ARCH might well be exposed to Cyberpunk, but more than that those who are gamer's and are on the fence about getting the game may be swayed with a real world counter part.

As for the Akira/GITS remarks, I only used those terms because they are references, I would assume the motor cycles in the Cyberpunk game are original designs and therefore will not need additional licensing agreements. I referene the motorcycle as a Kusunagi because it is called a Kusunagi in the game as a direct refference to Motoko Kusunagi from GITS, there is an E3 video lying around somewhere explaining this, I will have to find it.

but I can imagine the subset of gamers who'd geek out over these things specifically, being so delighted that I'd experience their enthusiasm vicariously and then agree that the results were well worth it.

This is really what I'm hoping to see come out of this idea, if it is ever put into action by those fine people at CDPR.

I'd want a weapon advertisement with a brand new model Kriss gun which could be available through the game a few months before its release in gun stores... :ROFLMAO:

Something like this?

Last edited:
Top Bottom