possible poison fix.

+
Maybe it would be smart for poison to be less oppressive to make it not work if the unit has armor or a shield.
Another idea would be to tier poison so if the unit is above 10 power it takes 3 poisons.

Add Initiative (a keyword suggested by Molegion) to Fangs of the Empire, that way your units cant be killed in 1 turn with double poison from Scenario.
Fangs_of_the_Empire.png

Last edited:
That's a good idea!
Post automatically merged:

In general I prefer fixing mechanics instead of having to get rid of them. Poison is a cool idea but it is just so oppressive.

DRK3

Forum veteran
I dont have a good solution for poison, i do admit it's a tricky thing to balance.

But CDPR cant leave it as it is. NG can use it and abuse it so many times. And now even SY has abandoned almost all damage except that Borsodi bro and Moreelse, because poison is just so cheap and effective.

And the third and final faction that has a poison component: ST, the only reason why it wasnt dominated by Poison decks was because Harmony was even more OP (and now it seems to be elves), otherwise we would have half the factions running on Poison.

I like the tiering suggestion, 3 poisons for a unit greater than X value would make it a little less oppressive for sure.

If they do not plan on fixing poison then give it to every faction so it's not a play these three factions or the one common poison card (Cobra i think?) To have that as an option. It wouldn't add to the faction flavors because poison in NR or SK doesn't sound like it fits.

Ultimately then need to just balance it so it cannot be abused so quickly. Maybe no cards that can double poison via a deploy effect and an order etc.

The issue with poison is not the status itself, but rather how most poison are in the 4 provision range, making them too easily accessible, it's particularly the case for Syndicate which has access to 3 different poison cards at 4 provision, so 6 poison cards in total.

In the case of Scoia'tael poison being at 5 provision means you have to chose if you want to build around it, but for Syndicate, poison being so cheap means it doesn't cost you much to just slam all 6 cards in your deck and call it a day, it's true to a lesser extent for Nilfgaard and Fangs.

Because you need to poison twice to destroy a card, you always want to have two of those poison bronze, nerfing them by 1 provision each (and eventually readjusting their power) would mean 2 less provision for the entire deck, which is huge, and therefore you'd have to carefully consider if you want to play poison for a more control approach, rather than playing poison because it's just good value.

Top Bottom