[Possible Problem] Malena on New Patch

+
[Possible Problem] Malena on New Patch

Hello again.

Not confirmed by CDPR but as we know, row limits are coming to Gwent. What happens when you play Malena as a Spy or Loyal on full row? Is she kills that unit or ability not trigger?

If she kills a unit, that's a cool sneaky buff for her, but RNG factor can destroy the game. For example, Your opponent has Tibor on Melee row and 3 other units on Ranged row. Siege row is fulled with Malena and she pulls the Tibor and wins the game. It's horrible i think.

What do you think about that?

4RM3D

Ex-moderator
mert41994;n9955011 said:

It's too early to talk about existing cards. Some of them will not work as intended anymore in the Midwinter patch. I'm sure that CDPR is aware of this and will tweak these cards accordingly. For example, Odrin, which has a similar problem, can be changed to: "Move to a random row that isn't full...".

IMO Row cap will be actually around 10 and a lot of row based cards like Odrin and Malena will change. Lower than 10 would void any kind of swarm archetype and higher than 12-13 wouldn't make any sense. I mean why would you even put a cap if it's going to be that high?

Row-stack punishers like Lacerate, Hailstorm may change too since they won't be as effective as they are now. Maybe it'll be better if they stay the same since they can already provide extreme swings.

altaybek;n9955951 said:
IMO Row cap will be actually around 10 and a lot of row based cards like Odrin and Malena will change. Lower than 10 would void any kind of swarm archetype and higher than 12-13 wouldn't make any sense. I mean why would you even put a cap if it's going to be that high?

I bet on a row cap of 8.

The new card filling a row with peasants could be a little overpowered if it provided 10 Power and 10 bodies with no setup, imo.

Even now while fighting swarms rows hardly get higher than 8, a limit of 10 would be like changing nothing.

We will see though, 2 hours from now some fresh new leeks :).

I think Malena should become Loyal only, with an ability like "Whenever you play an elf, move an enemy to its opposite row.".
Like if your opponent is stacking Melee, you play an elf on Siege row and Malena would move an enemy of your choice to the siege row.

After today's leeks, I'm inclined to think Bronze units are supposed to have 8 Power (without setup), while Silvers should be around 16.

Tir_na_Lia;n9956281 said:
I bet on a row cap of 8.

The new card filling a row with peasants could be a little overpowered if it provided 10 Power and 10 bodies with no setup, imo.

Even now while fighting swarms rows hardly get higher than 8, a limit of 10 would be like changing nothing.

We will see though, 2 hours from now some fresh new leeks :).

8 per row makes sense but that's not many tbh. Consider someone played Woodlands Spirit, Germain and Ifrit. These three cards spawn up to 15 cards and your melee row is either full or has 2 spaces left at best. It's not that hard to put 8 units on a row. Let's settle for 9 :smile:

Units like Blue Stripes Commando, Dun Banner Light Cavalry, Arachas Behemoth, Harpy, Ifrit, Woodland or basically any card that brings/spawns a unit will be extremely weird. I didn't follow streams so I don't know if any dev answered what will happen if all the rows are full and you gotta play a card. I hope they have a nice solution for that.

altaybek;n9958191 said:
8 per row makes sense but that's not many tbh. Consider someone played Woodlands Spirit, Germain and Ifrit. These three cards spawn up to 15 cards and your melee row is either full or has 2 spaces left at best. It's not that hard to put 8 units on a row. Let's settle for 9 :smile:

Units like Blue Stripes Commando, Dun Banner Light Cavalry, Arachas Behemoth, Harpy, Ifrit, Woodland or basically any card that brings/spawns a unit will be extremely weird. I didn't follow streams so I don't know if any dev answered what will happen if all the rows are full and you gotta play a card. I hope they have a nice solution for that.

I'm pretty sure most "swarm" cards like Leshen, Germain and Ifrit will get some changes.

mert41994;n9955011 said:
Hello again.

Not confirmed by CDPR but as we know, row limits are coming to Gwent. What happens when you play Malena as a Spy or Loyal on full row? Is Does she kills that unit or ability not trigger?

If she kills a unit, that's a cool sneaky buff for her, but RNG factor can destroy the game. For example, Your opponent has Tibor on Melee row and 3 other units on Ranged row. Siege row is fulled with Malena and she pulls the Tibor and wins the game. It's horrible i think.

I would think Malena to be changed before the upcoming patch comes into play but could be after in a hotfix, depends on CDPR how they feel on that, and so Malena's ability may be something like, 4 STR | Loyal | 3 Armour then deploy: On the opposite row, if the row is filled, randomly move an enemy to a different row. <( ... ) More could be added to this ability>

Note: You will find corrections made accordingly for better understanding.

Tir_na_Lia;n9956281 said:
I bet on a row cap of 8.

This seems rather small of a cap to be honest, as if you think of an archetype, which can easily overcome the cap requirement then would be quite small, unfair and may potentially kill off known archetypes without thinking if it was 8 capped for a row, so the suggestion that I would give for a cap is minimum 10 but maximum 15.

Reason, because you don't really want to restrict too much of that freedom on the board when placing down your cards, and if we are talking about Gwent then you would know that Gwent has several that can produce not 1, 3, 5, but more cards on the board.

2nd reason, because if you look at the number 8 for a cap on a row then you will see yourself in a tight squeeze, go for a 9 cap, you just gone through bit of a squeeze, and if you go for 10 then you got that breather for a couple more cards to place "fill" on that same row without filling the row so quickly.

Lastly, though I wouldn't expect CDPR to cap a row as limited as 8 or even lower than 8 but a cap lower than 8 is of course out of the question, so your best bet is for a minimum limit to be 10 or around that, and for a maximum 15 or around that, this could be lower or higher depending on what CDPR decides is best for how many can be on a row and how many to limit it.

Regards,
byExeplar

:hmm:

Last edited:
mert41994;n10002181 said:
I'm sorry, English isn't my first language. I'm really terrible on grammer.

it's okay my bro, we are all learning for the better, and I corrected on behalf of my understanding in order to respond to your given statement. :)

Have a merrytastic day! hehe see what I did there? :D

Regards,
byExeplar

Last edited:
Iuliandrei;n9957521 said:
I think Malena should become Loyal only, with an ability like "Whenever you play an elf, move an enemy to its opposite row.".
Like if your opponent is stacking Melee, you play an elf on Siege row and Malena would move an enemy of your choice to the siege row.

Nice idea, though terrible wording ...had you not explained it below I would never have guessed that's what you meant.
I would type it like this "Whenever you play an elf, move an enemy to the same row on it's side.".

Top Bottom