Possible Sequels

+
Possible Sequels

I know it's too early and i know that Geralt's story is over. But do you think there is going to be another Witcher game? If so, who is going to be the main protagonist? A Witcher or someone else? I 'd really like to play as a young trainee witcher or something. Post your thoughts.

Well I guess it wouldn't really be "The Witcher" if you didn't play as a Witcher. :p
They could do something to expand the other groups in the Witcher universe though, like mages, scoia'tael, rebel alliances.

Well I guess it wouldn't really be "The Witcher" if you didn't play as a Witcher. :p
They could do something to expand the other groups in the Witcher universe though, like mages, scoia'tael, rebel alliances.

The games won't be the same without the character relations we have established.

I think the universe itself is amazing and the life of a Witcher lends itself exceptionally well to an RPG, open-world or otherwise.

There's a lot of possible stories left to tell in this world because the characters from the books have created a really high bar to aim for future installments. The question really comes down to when a sequel should take place. The endings in Witcher 3 have some pretty big implications that are quite different from each other, so if you're going to set a new game in the near future, you'd likely have to set it in another part of the world and reference what happened as a result of Witcher 3's actions, or have some major event create so much havoc in the world that it will change things enough to create a common starting point.

Or you could go into the past or the future, then all bets are off.

As for who you should play? I would love to play a brand new Witcher. Someone who goes through the Trial of Grasses and sets off on the path. You then learn to apply your theoretical knowledge in the cutthroat world, meet people, make friends, make enemies and maybe meet people that could become love interests. Sequels to this first game would show your Witcher's progressive growth and mastery of his trade. You start as a greenhorn and become more and more hardened by the world and how people treat you. Eventually you should be as knowledgeable and capable as Geralt.

Seriously, I just loved moments in Witcher 3 where Geralt showed off his incredible knowledge about monsters to clients. You should be able to see your new Witcher's progression to that point.

I think there are two possible sequels - obviously Ciri as the witcher, but I'm not sure, she's too powerful. Another one -Ciri as the empress trying to restore witcher school in Nilfgaard and you're a young witcher.

I know it's too early and i know that Geralt's story is over. But do you think there is going to be another Witcher game? If so, who is going to be the main protagonist? A Witcher or someone else? I 'd really like to play as a young trainee witcher or something. Post your thoughts.

I want a Ciri game.

A lot.

She can wake up and have amnesia or something then find out Nilfgaard overthrew her or whatever depending on your W3 choices.

I wouldn't say Ciri is too powerful and in fact if there is another sequel (which I honestly doubt) it can only be about Ciri.

I think there are two possible sequels - obviously Ciri as the witcher, but I'm not sure, she's too powerful. Another one -Ciri as the empress trying to restore witcher school in Nilfgaard and you're a young witcher.

The problem with that is Nilfgaard as the canonical ruler of the Empire would b a nightmare as it would kill all of the game's flavor. The fun of it is the small petty kingdoms and their fun.

Not some big fancy estate set run by slaves.

---------- Updated at 10:40 PM ----------

I wouldn't say Ciri is too powerful and in fact if there is another sequel (which I honestly doubt) it can only be about Ciri.

I agree it can only be about Ciri but are you really suggesting Red isn't going to make a sequel? They've already said they were making more Witcher games.

The only other options are Prequels (possible) and reboots.

The problem with that is Nilfgaard as the canonical ruler of the Empire would b a nightmare as it would kill all of the game's flavor. The fun of it is the small petty kingdoms and their fun.

Not some big fancy estate set run by slaves.

---------- Updated at 10:40 PM ----------

I agree it can only be about Ciri but are you really suggesting Red isn't going to make a sequel? They've already said they were making more Witcher games.

The only other options are Prequels (possible) and reboots.
Nilfgaard has many places. We can get the city, huge urban area, a lot of work for witchers or just some vassal kingdom, there a lot of them. The main thing - someone have to start restoring witcher schools or how we can get a new witcher? Ciri can do it.
Oh, yea, they can chose to show us some distant lands, Zerrikanian for example, but it'll be clean list, without connections with previous games.

Last edited:
I don't know. I didn't really like gameplay with Ciri. Not only her animations were bad, her skills also made battles too easy. Playing as Ciri feels like using cheat codes.

I want to play as a brand new character. I love the Witcher universe, but the lore from the novels makes it more of a story-driven game and less of a roleplaying game. The protagonist of an RPG shouldn't have like 7 novels worth of backstory and established lore and baggage. RPG protagonists should be blank slates so that players can roleplay how they choose. This is why Geralt having amnesia was so important in TW1 and 2, because it removed the baggage from the novels so the player could roleplay Geralt however they wanted.

I would love to see Ciri, but she would come with her own novels worth of baggage. I wouldn't be opposed to a Ciri game, but again, it would be more of a story-driven action/adventure game than a roleplaying game. I say, I want a brand new RPG in The Witcher universe with a brand new Witcher protagonist. Give us a blank slate and a fresh start into the world of The Witcher. By all means, keep the big important NPCs, but let the protagonist be a new character who doesn't have a bunch of established lore and baggage.

I'm sure they can find a way to have a sequel that reconciles all three endings. They've retconned or basically wrote off past player decisions before.

I mean don't get me wrong, they can make a hundred more witcher games if they are all that good! But at some point you have just told everything there is to say.
At least with Geralt. And a Witcher Game without Geralt just isn't that good, even if it's about Ciri.

I mean don't get me wrong, they can make a hundred more witcher games if they are all that good! But at some point you have just told everything there is to say.
At least with Geralt. And a Witcher Game without Geralt just isn't that good, even if it's about Ciri.
Dunno, I think Cipher-Six is right. I'd really like to play someone new, persons with huge back-stories are great, but Skyrim-like protagonist can be good too. We have 3 game about someone we knew completely, maybe it's time for a fresh face.

Nah. I'd love to play as a Cat School witcher. It is stated that Cat school is the most hated school of all, as they often hire themselves out as assassins for wealthy nobles and kings. Imagine the possibilities... To be honest I'm a bit tired of playing as Geralt, who keeps pandering on and on about his neutrality and his witcher code. How about this time we play as a totally ruthless killer for hire, who gives not a shit about what happens in the world, killing people and monster alike as long as those jobs benefit him.

A Witcher game without Geralt? Hell no
I really don't think its needed but its clear many fans want more
But I don't get it why always milk things even though the story is over?

Just like with Mass Effect (off topic), there is no need for a Mass Effect 4
At least this isn't Ubi level of milking (what they did to the AC series..damm)

A Witcher game without Geralt? Hell no
I really don't think its needed but its clear many fans want more
But I don't get it why always milk things even though the story is over?

Just like with Mass Effect (off topic), there is no need for a Mass Effect 4
At least this isn't Ubi level of milking (what they did to the AC series..damm)
Why is it milking? Yea, the stories about Geralt and Shepard are over, but their worlds are big. I guess no one want to "resurrect" Gerald for Witcher 4, but just throw away such a nice universe? Nope, I want my Zerrikanian and golden dragons.

Main character is Ciri, with smaller sections of gameplay that you play as Geralt. Similar to what Witcher 3 does only flip flop it. I do think they'd have to find a way to make it where Ciri doesn't feel overpowered. Perhaps they could go backwards in time and adapt Ciri's time with The Rats.

Last edited:
Top Bottom