Possible spell monster idea.

+
Possible spell monster idea.

Have I tried it? No. Will it work? Doubt it. Is it annoying chore to play against? It might actually be.

Deck:

Gold:
Renew
Ge'el
Triss: Butterfly spell
Woodland Spirit

Silver:
Frightener
Scorch
Aeromancy
Skellige Storm
The Last Wish
Dimeritium Bomb

Bronze:
Foglet x3
Nekker Warrior x2
Clear Skies x2
Impenetrable Fog x3
Alzur's Thunder x3
Lacerate x2

Possible replacements:
Gold:
Triss: Butterfly Spell, I'll be honest, I only included her as couldn't come up with 4th gold. Neither of gold weather will work as they remove fog, killing your only power. Caranthir could line up for Lacerate or just take good old Villentretenmerth.

Silver:
The Last Wish, Aeromancy and Skellige Storm for Crones. If you already got 3 silvers out of deck Ge'el will pull all 3 crones while putting gold on top of deck.

Bronze:
2-3 Alzur's Thunder for Mardroeme and/or D-lock, up to your own taste.

Why?
So the idea is that at start you either have fog/foglet and warrior/clear sky in order to multiply the boost from the foglets. Only use rally with clear sky after using fog in order to pull Nekker Warrior to multiply the annoying factor. If everything goes as planned you will have 7 (+14) foglets that you can reuse up to 6 times.

Woodland Spirit is the gold you desire and with Renew you can reuse it. With Ge'el you are more likely to get either of them. Triss to boost foglets.
If you pick Villentretenmerth and Crones, aim to use Ge'el R2 and choose Villen at start. You are most likely to get one of the Crone for the start of R3.
With Caranthir wait for opponent to deploy a lot of units, line them up and Lacerate them. Male sure to not spawn Caranthir on lane with fog as it will remove the fog with frost, killing your useless foglets.

Any feedback and ways to make it more annoying is welcome

Last edited:
Interesting idea. My thoughts:
  • I have thought of a way to boost foglets. The problem is that one Clear Sky effect also removes the boost. This makes the combo with Triss unreliable.
  • 3 Thunders might be a bit too much and you might want to tech a Mardroeme or Lock against some pesky units.
  • The Last Wish doesn't generate strength (and you'll lose tempo) which is a major downside.
  • Aeromancy and Skellige Storm is a nice combo, but those cards don't synergize with your deck other than to further annoy the opponent.
  • Crones might be a better replacement. Not sure about it, though.

There are quite a few people who play with similar foglet decks. It's extremely unreliable.
Even with Ciri AND Frightener card advantage is not guaranteed because the opponent often comes with huge power swings.

The thing with spell decks in general is that you need a few powerful units. Monsters don't have dumb cards that boost itself like D.B. Protectors, so that may be tricky.
Crones could be an answer but it's an expensive one (3 silver slots). Most monster units are rather weak.

A. Thunder isn't that great in this meta to be honest. You can do more with stuff like Mardroeme and D-Shackles.

The whole nekker warrior to boost your foglets thing is also not ideal imo. I played nekker warriors at first because of the huge swing with woodland spirit but ended up removing them from my deck because if your opponent clears the skies before you can play a nekker you basically have to waste your fogs and lose too much tempo.

devivre;n8962330 said:
A. Thunder isn't that great in this meta to be honest. You can do more with stuff like Mardroeme and D-Shackles.

You can take out a Savage Bear with a Thunder but you can't with Mardroeme. Mardroeme does not kill units with base strength 4-7 and therefore the effects of this units remain and can decide the round...

4RM3D;n8962090 said:
Aeromancy and Skellige Storm is a nice combo, but those cards don't synergize with your deck other than to further annoy the opponent.
I actually included Aeromancy to spawn fog, Skellige Storm was just some random silver filler as I dont have much experiense with spell decks.
As foglets are pretty much only source of power the fog really needs to stick :D

newbuschkoeter;n8963090 said:
The whole nekker warrior to boost your foglets thing is also not ideal imo. I played nekker warriors at first because of the huge swing with woodland spirit but ended up removing them from my deck because if your opponent clears the skies before you can play a nekker you basically have to waste your fogs and lose too much tempo.

That is why I included clear skies and plenty of fog. As only warrior is only bronze besides summoned foglets you can use rally as soon as the fog sticks. It's pretty much 50/50 deck. You either win with surprise or stand no chance to win.

soph912;n8963260 said:
You can take out a Savage Bear with a Thunder but you can't with Mardroeme. Mardroeme does not kill units with base strength 4-7 and therefore the effects of this units remain and can decide the round...

I wouldn't focus too much on Savage Bear. Axeman often gets SK way more points and Mardroeme usually banishes those units entirely from the game (if you can use it in round 1 or 2).

Also Mardroeme resets to base strength and then removes 3 base strength so it crushes all units that depend on buffing.

In many cases Mardroeme will get you more value compared to A. Thunder.

Top Bottom