Possible workaround for crafting bug

+
Possible workaround for crafting bug

So I've dismantled a sword in which I put some runestone, after that these two Perun runestones appeared in my inventory, obviously. But then I noticed that I was able to craft a greater Perun runestone all of a sudden since now the crafting menu recognised these two lesser runestones I got through dismantling. I then tried dropping all my other runes and glyphes and picking them back but that didn't help unfortunately.
So dismantling swords or armours with runes or glyphes in them seem to be a workaround for the crafting bug.

Theres far too many damn bugs with this game, not to mention things like the nerfed LOD. Fixing the crafting related and UI issues should of been the number 1 top priority for CDPR as its bad enough for many to consider it game breaking or at the very least a serious hindrance. You may of also noticed as of patch 1.05 you can't craft stronger mutagens if you already have one in your inventory, a problem that didn't exist with patch 1.04.

Thus far I think the best patch to patch the game to is 1.03.

You're right about the mutagens. But this is a rather minor bug in my oppinion since it can be fixed pretty easily. Just drop all red/green/blue mutagens that the level you want to craft, craft the mutagen, pick up the dropped ones.
But you're totally right about the patches. It's pretty effin weird that a new patch brings new bugs...

Yea, but we don't want workarounds, we want fixes. I also remember them saying that they wanted to "test 1.05 thoroughly before releasing it so as to avoid introducing new bugs to the game" that weren't there before. So how come they didn't notice that with the introduction of 1.05 alchemy would be bugged to death? Dropping items you need more t han one of just so you can craft the additional missing ingredient really isn't a solution I would be willing to live with.

Anyway, this shows me that programming is obviously alot more complex than what I thought (during the course of my studies we only got some basic programming training ;-) ). I mean one would think that alchemy wouldn't be affected considering they worked on eradicating other bugs. But obviously some things are inter-related (just like the LOD issues began with 1.03 or at least I did not notice them before)

I'm not at all saying that they should not fix the bug, it's there and I guess they know it by now.

BUT, in the meantime, you have two alternatives:

1) Spend less than 5 minutes and use my manual fix (it's a "fire-and-forget" fix, btw, you just need to do it once) and you won't be affected by the crafting bug anymore.
2) Wait for the 1.06 patch and play (or not :>) without being able to craft runes/glyphs.

I prefer the number 1, as you said yourself programming huge games is not so easy, and if I can fix something and restore a part of the game to its original, functioning, condition instead of waiting for a patch, well, I do that. It's just the time needed to make a post on the forum, and it's better spent fixing the bug imo. ;)

All my swords are fully glyphed out and it shames me to say that I've never created a single glyph myself (I usually make more than enough from selling gear I don't need that I have the money to pay for whatever glyph I may desire). But I see your point. 1.06 can only be 2-3 weeks away, at the most. And maybe they will even take into account that some PC users have vastly superior hardware compared to what they have to contend with on the current console generation ;)

Top Bottom