Post-game content

+
Yeah, it's tricky. The alternative is to leave the characters in the world, give them a few dialogue options to comment on the events you've been through together, but that's it.

It's the most fair way to handle it from a development perspective, anything else might be asking too much. Of course, I'd love to have a few activities you can go out and do with them, but as everyone loves to remind everyone else, this isn't GTA so probably won't happen.

I think it's a good idea not to have characters from the story disappear. But how exactly do you implement that? Quest are over during endgame. Would they just give these characters random lines of dialogue? Like I would much rather they add more simulation activities to do within the world, so end-game could be much bearable. For example dancing, poker, or even allowing your player to sit and eat at a diner.

I would like to add some raids into this, too. I'd like some action to continue and have some companions to tag along. Nothing related to the story, just some fun gun fights.

But Ciri told she was in a world that looked a lot like Cyberpunk 2077!

All she said was she was in a weird world that could very well be Star Wars for all we know.

Anyways... Post ending content....

I'd rather they did not push too hard on that front. If there's a "whole game" waiting after the credits the conclusion will be left limp.

I'd have it so that there is post ending gameplay only through certain endings (as per how the player chooses) where you can roam the world, finish up sidemissions and find those that you missed (that had little or no effect on the storyline so that it makes sense for them to still exist).

I'd also have respeccing strictly only after the credits have rolled, so that the player actually has to commit to his character build during the campaign, that it matters and doesn't allow wanton flipflopping that doesn't make any sort of sense and contradict past choices and commitments.

Last edited:
I'll be 100% happy if after the last mission you'll have the chance to finish the side quests you have left behind and not more than that, exactly like TW3. Narrative-driven RPG, simple as that. If we get few missions who reflect the ending (an eplilogue like RDR1 and 2), I'll be 110% happy beacuse I don't expect any.

Plus we have multiple endings and different builds we can create which will be reflected in completely different playstyles, this encourages replayability, much more than TW3.

And DLCs will come at some point.

guys it's a video game. never understood why people get so emotionally attached to fictional characters :facepalm:

The same reason we get attched to characters in movies.
The same reason we get attached to characters in books.
Because we are human, and our emotional attachment to the characters is often what defines how much we enjoy them.

Seriously, that was a really wierd thing to say.

Of course that being said, I am firmly of the "no fantasy or supernatural bullshit" in my Cyberpunk game.

Guest 4361521

The emotions are not real... but you know that.. right?

it is oke if you dont have much empathy. it is not a crime .
i guess i get it from my father, i just don't get emotional from watching a cartoon/video game

So you mean to tell me you sat straight faced through the episode of Futurama about Fry's dog Seymour?

Guest 4361521

So you mean to tell me you sat straight faced through the episode of Futurama about Fry's dog Seymour?
it was an ok episode, the only time i ever cried was the scene in the live action notre dame movie when Quasimodo was getting his ass whipped by the peasants

Forum veteran
I think this would be the most logical use of braindance. Imagine: the game ends, and if your V survived it, they go into a braindance to experience the (playable) memories of someone who took on the missions you passed up. At least, any that don't revolve around V specifically. That way, V's ending has a sense of finality while still allowing you to finish off any missed content.

I'm against randomly dumping the player into the world after the credits roll, though. Game worlds inevitably feel like hollow simulacrums once the main story stuff gets stripped out, and it's always nice to hit the credits and know that it's time to start over or move on to another game. The method used by The Witcher 3 and a bunch of other games undermines their resonance for me by allowing the gaminess of it all to show through at the very end, which is a significantly weaker note to end on.

Top Bottom