Post-game content

+
I'd still prefer to have some sort of radiant-style post-game quests to partake in. Repeatable jobs you can do to make yourself feel like you're actually living in the world.

Not sure how that could work, but that's what I'd want.

What if the post credit scene is V "coming back to reality" , revealing that the entire game was a brain dance session. V all this time has been playing Cyberpunk 2077 in the year 2020. Now, people would riot hard

I am getting a Total Recall vibe , did all that happen or was it BD ?

I'd still prefer to have some sort of radiant-style post-game quests to partake in. Repeatable jobs you can do to make yourself feel like you're actually living in the world.

It'd have to be a varied formula at play to be interesting for me. Bethesda has totally put me off "radiant quests" with their mundane lack of variety and triteness. I love CDPR because of their commitment to quality over quantity. Hand-crafted content will always be superior to AI-generated stuff. Besides, such a concept would be far more suited to a CP Online title, if that ever materialises, where there are constant updates similar to GTA Online.

I'm ok with the SP experience simply having a beginning, middle and end, as there is always the replayability and multiple playthroughs to keep us busy for years to come.

It'd have to be a varied formula at play to be interesting for me. Bethesda has totally put me off "radiant quests" with their mundane lack of variety and triteness. I love CDPR because of their commitment to quality over quantity. Hand-crafted content will always be superior to AI-generated stuff. Besides, such a concept would be far more suited to a CP Online title, if that ever materialises, where there are constant updates similar to GTA Online.

I'm ok with the SP experience simply having a beginning, middle and end, as there is always the replayability and multiple playthroughs to keep us busy for years to come.
I'm not of the opinion that every quest needs to be deep and interesting. I like roleplay. That's why I have something like 1300 hours in Skyrim. Not because it's the best RPG on the planet, but because I can feel like I'm living there. If I want to roleplay a wandering bounty hunter, traveling from city to city to pick up jobs, I can do that. If all you care about is super engaging stories at every turn, sure, that's probably utter shit to you.

I don't expect that here, but I would enjoy it.

Last edited:
I'm not of the opinion that every quest needs to be deep and interesting. I like roleplay. That's why I have something like 1300 hours in Skyrim. Not because it's the best RPG on the planet, but because I can feel like I'm living there. If I want to roleplay a wandering bounty hunter, traveling from city to city to pick up jobs, I can do that. If all you care about is super engaging stories at every turn, sure, that's probably utter shit to you.

Installed a mod on TW3 after my 2nd playthrough just to give me a reason to walk around with an objective.

https://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/1296/?

Well produced is more than welcome. But I'm pretty content with having at least something because every other detail does the immersion for me. Just RPing a single mundane ai generated objective per day in a world rich with detail can be quite the therapy.

Installed a mod on TW3 after my 2nd playthrough just to give me a reason to walk around with an objective.

https://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/1296/?

Well produced is more than welcome. But I'm pretty content with having at least something because every other detail does the immersion for me. Just RPing a single mundane ai generated objective per day in a world rich with detail can be quite the therapy.
Yeah, stuff like that.

I understand that with CDPR, side quests need to have meaning, and thus they will not implement anything like this into the game (but modders certainly will, provided there's half decent support). But from a logical standpoint, what reason is there for missions to suddenly dry up? Did the monsters all suddenly disappear in the Witcher 3? Do people suddenly stop needing mercenaries to do their dirty work for them in 2077? :shrug:

I'm of course aware that it's a design decision and not a logical one, so I respect it.

Yea, after playing skyrim like crazy, I abhor radiant quests. They felt hollow and betraying of any real story or richness, just my opinion.
Post automatically merged:

Yeah, stuff like that.

I understand that with CDPR, side quests need to have meaning, and thus they will not implement anything like this into the game (but modders certainly will, provided there's half decent support). But from a logical standpoint, what reason is there for missions to suddenly dry up? Did the monsters all suddenly disappear in the Witcher 3? Do people suddenly stop needing mercenaries to do their dirty work for them in 2077? :shrug:

I'm of course aware that it's a design decision and not a logical one, so I respect it.
as a mod that would be cool. Excellent mod support = everyone is very happy. :)

Yea, after playing skyrim like crazy, I abhor radiant quests. They felt hollow and betraying of any real story or richness, just my opinion.

Yeah. Everyone's got one.

I think not every game needs to have super deep quests at all times, though. If no games tried to offer a different, more blank slate experience, I'd be horrendously bored with the industry. I think the occasional game that tries something new is good for the industry, even if some individuals don't like the things they try to do (and it seems a whole lot of people DID like it back in 2011, because Skyrim sold stupidly well).

All Skyrim really lacked, or rather, what would’ve elevated it much higher in regards to.... everything, really, was the feeling of interconnectedness through reactivity, choice and consequence (of which there was like a handful of purely cosmetic ones), a sense of purpose and urgency (where that mattered like the main story and the civil war) and more robust use of its character systems (too many cuts and too much streamlining).

All Skyrim really lacked, or rather, what would’ve elevated it much higher in regards to.... everything, really, was the feeling of interconnectedness through reactivity, choice and consequence (of which there was like a handful of purely cosmetic ones), a sense of purpose and urgency (where that mattered like the main story and the civil war) and more robust use of its character systems (too many cuts and too much streamlining).
Kingdom Come: Deliverance handled some of these systems much better, in my opinion.

I fully agree. Vanilla Skyrim was kinda one of my worst RPG experiences I ever had. Quests like slaying a dragon, that allegedly was nearby, as it was told by the Jarl's steward (or whatever position he had), was in reality almost on the other end of the freaking map, in a completely different region, under a different Jarl. And the reward, something like measly 100 gold for all the stress, was just beyond laughable.

Or, and that is my worst one, is getting called by the dudes on the mountain. I actually had fun on my travel there, really felt like the chosen one, like Luke flying to Yoda. I stopped in villages to do some side quests and wandered on, to go up the mountain, seeing the vista, finding the monastery and getting greeted by hooded, Jedi like monks. I was really excited...

...and then I get three quick lessons in less then five minutes and they throw me out! Well, I got more then Rey got, but still, it seems like being the Dragonborn is worth Jack shit, so I modded the game to hell and back.

And honestly, it says quite a lot when mods make the game better and more fun then it actually is...

Kingdom Come: Deliverance handled some of these systems much better, in my opinion.
Once it’s 15€ or below in GOG, I’ll give it a shot.
The concept didn’t seem all that interesting to me, and learning combos to manage combat feels... somewhat tiresome in the long run.
If I can ever get it pretty cheap on Gog.com I'm probably going to watch some really good strategy guides on it and then heavily mod it (since I get the concept and the idea of the story, and I've already played many similar-ish games
to the point of insanity, so I would probably mod it to be "different" or something, I don't know) Maybe even get the lightsaber mod for it, or turn the whole thing into starwars if anyone modded it for that yet. And for Mod support of course, if we can get amazing mod support for Cyberpunk2077, even better than the mod support skyrim got, maybe even better than any game in history ever got, post game content will be totally covered, like no problem. That, and everything else will be just insanely good, even on top of the already insanely good game that Cyberpunk2077 is gonna be, God willing.
cdpr is set to make huge $$$moneyyyyyY$$$ because with amazing mod support will come a huge life cycle for the game, easily more than triple or even quadruple the still yet ongoing life cycle of the witcher 3, since people will be lining up to buy Cyberpunk2077 many many years down the line, to experience the base game and then to mod it in ways we can't even imagine yet. Not only that, but computers will keep improving, making it easier and easier for most and more and more people to buy Cyberpunk2077 as an easy and casual purchase without worrying if it will run well on their pc.
Very bright future ahead for Cyberpunk2077, Cdpr, gog.com, and the true fans and gamers that actually care and buy the game. :D
Post automatically merged:

I fully agree. Vanilla Skyrim was kinda one of my worst RPG experiences I ever had. Quests like slaying a dragon, that allegedly was nearby, as it was told by the Jarl's steward (or whatever position he had), was in reality almost on the other end of the freaking map, in a completely different region, under a different Jarl. And the reward, something like measly 100 gold for all the stress, was just beyond laughable.

Or, and that is my worst one, is getting called by the dudes on the mountain. I actually had fun on my travel there, really felt like the chosen one, like Luke flying to Yoda. I stopped in villages to do some side quests and wandered on, to go up the mountain, seeing the vista, finding the monastery and getting greeted by hooded, Jedi like monks. I was really excited...

...and then I get three quick lessons in less then five minutes and they throw me out! Well, I got more then Rey got, but still, it seems like being the Dragonborn is worth Jack shit, so I modded the game to hell and back.

And honestly, it says quite a lot when mods make the game better and more fun then it actually is...
Lol I know right? But what happens when someone mods a game that is already very good? Cyberpunk2077 will be insane as vanilla, but then with mods after, we will melt into a higher reality :D

Lol I know right? But what happens when someone mods a game that is already very good? Cyberpunk2077 will be insane as vanilla, but then with mods after, we will melt into a higher reality :D
Please, I recommend not to over-hype the game, you might start to expect more then the game has to offer...

What if the post credit scene is V "coming back to reality" , revealing that the entire game was a brain dance session. V all this time has been playing Cyberpunk 2077 in the year 2020. Now, people would riot hard
How about
The game starts in a bar, at a regulars table, mostly blue and pink collar workers, even one or two unemployed. The cigarette smoke hangs heavy in the air, all you see are their hands, maybe playing poker, fiddling with the chips and carefully turning the cards. Their conversation is about weird or odd things they experienced at work, in their day to day life, told as ambiguous stories.

But one of them is awfully quiet, until s/he is asked, what stories s/he has to tell. Then s/he starts telling about a young, aspiring mercenary, simply named V. The camera transitions to V, the player is giving control and the game starts, always with bits and pieces of the narrator from the regulars table.

Then, after the credits, the camera returns to the regulars table, the poker game ends, the hands throw away the cards and chips. Time to go home for everyone, they leave the table one by one. The camera follows the heels of the last two who leave, of which one is the narrator, still without showing their faces, or anything else that could reveal their identity.
Outside the bar, the narrator is asked: "Is it all true, what this "V" guy/gal did?"

"I don't know. Maybe,..." The camera angle changes, now revealing the narrators identity as V.
"...maybe not." An ominous smile on V's face.
The other person says his goodbye.

Once again, the player assumes control, now able to take care of any unfinished side missions, but all the characters of the main story are absent from the game world, leaving the truth of V's story, aka the games main story, open,...

...leaving it as nothing more, then an ambiguous story, one could hear at any random bar.

I hope there's a legitimate post-game setup for Night City. I'd love if a few new side quests pop up, and of course if the characters stick around for additional dialogue.

There's only so much they can give us in the post-game before they have to start turning the game into a live service with enough revenue to justify extra and consistent content post-game. I don't really want that for this title, as the expansion packs should be enough, and then I'd much rather they move on to a sequel instead.

Last edited:
Top Bottom