post-game depression. CDPR why why WHY would you do this???

+
Im sure there is going to be Enhanced edition which adds more answers and links all the story better.

+1 for Thread starter.
And welcome to the club . You are not alone...there are so many players everywhere saying the exact same thing and have the exact same feelings when this game ends...It's crap....

+1 for Thread starter.
And welcome to the club . You are not alone...there are so many players everywhere saying the exact same thing and have the exact same feelings when this game ends...It's crap....
An ending is the end. That's the whole fucking point of an ending. Deal with it.

Nope. The ending is horrible and destroys the complete game. Thats fact.
If you are happy with less , it's good for you ...Just be happy and silent...

Last edited:
Nope. The ending is horrible and destroys the complete game. Thats fact.
If you are happy with less , it's good for you ...Just be happy and silent...
The fact is, you are upset that there is an ending. You would rather the game go on and on and never end because you are helplessly enraptured in the universe that CDPR has created. That's fine, stay in a stupor of fanboy fever if you please. But realize you would not be happy with any ending. Because your problem is not with the manner in which the game ends, but the very fact that the game has to end at all.

There is absolutely ZERO reason why any developer should invest time in gameplay post-credits or even allow game-play post credits because it gives way to all these delusional fanboys who think that the game hasn't ended and should expect a plethora of content.

An ending is an ending. Deal with it.

An ending is the end. That's the whole fucking point of an ending. Deal with it.

Except in an open world sandbox game, it can be said that by nature there isn't an ending, just not enough incentive for replay-ability after the ending when the characters are gone.

It seems like you're just trolling though with no constructive criticism. Just telling people to "deal with it" isn't constructive at all.

Except in an open world sandbox game, it can be said that by nature there isn't an ending, just not enough incentive for replay-ability after the ending when the characters are gone.

It seems like you're just trolling though with no constructive criticism. Just telling people to "deal with it" isn't constructive at all.
That's not true at all. In fact I believe these threads are the true trolls, unless they clearly don't understand the concept of what an end is. The credits have rolled, the curtain has fallen. The game is effectively over. That you cannot comprehend this very simple concept of a terminal stop is not my problem to deal with. Just goes to show that CDPR over-estimated the intelligence of their fanbase when they decided to throw them a bone and allow to you play post credits. Clearly CDPR did not anticipate the level of idiocy that would plague their fanbase into thinking that because you can keep playing means there must be time invested to create content for a "post" ending.

That's not true at all. In fact I believe these threads are the true trolls, unless they clearly don't understand the concept of what an end is. The credits have rolled, the curtain has fallen. The game is effectively over. That you cannot comprehend this very simple concept of a terminal stop is not my problem to deal with. Just goes to show that CDPR over-estimated the intelligence of their fanbase when they decided to throw them a bone and allow to you play post credits. Clearly CDPR did not anticipate the level of idiocy that would plague their fanbase into thinking that because you can keep playing means there must be time invested to create content for a "post" ending.

Considering there's a 55 page thread addressing this issue with a response by RED, I'm pretty sure it's a legitimate issue, and not trolling. What constitutes trolling is basically insulting other people's intelligence and trying to make it sound like your way is the right way and the only way which is how your posts come off as.

The least you could do is try to be civil about it, and not talk down to people for having a different opinion than you.

The fact is, you are upset that there is an ending. You would rather the game go on and on and never end because you are helplessly enraptured in the universe that CDPR has created. That's fine, stay in a stupor of fanboy fever if you please. But realize you would not be happy with any ending. Because your problem is not with the manner in which the game ends, but the very fact that the game has to end at all.

There is absolutely ZERO reason why any developer should invest time in gameplay post-credits or even allow game-play post credits because it gives way to all these delusional fanboys who think that the game hasn't ended and should expect a plethora of content.

An ending is an ending. Deal with it.

............................................________
....................................,.-'"...................``~.,
.............................,.-"..................................."-.,
.........................,/...............................................":,
.....................,?......................................................,
.................../...........................................................,}
................./......................................................,:`^`..}
.............../...................................................,:"........./
..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
............./__.(....."~-,_..............................,:`........../
.........../(_...."~,_........"~,_....................,:`........_/
..........{.._$;_......"=,_......."-,_.......,.-~-,},.~";/....}
...........((.....*~_......."=-._......";,,./`..../"............../
...,,,___.`~,......"~.,....................`.....}............../
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-"
............/.`~,......`-...................................../
.............`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....,__
,,_..........}.>-._...................................|..............`=~-,
.....`=~-,__......`,.................................
...................`=~-,,.,...............................
................................`:,,...........................`..............__
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
........................................_..........._,-%.......`

You are only playing dumb, right ?
What you say goes past the entire discussion....
No one is angry because the game has to end..No one wants a never ending game..do you u.n.d.e.r.s.t.a.n.d this ???

Considering there's a 55 page thread addressing this issue with a response by RED, I'm pretty sure it's a legitimate issue, and not trolling. What constitutes trolling is basically you insulting other people's intelligence and trying to make it sound like your way is the right way and the only way.
Your position makes it fundamentally impossible for you to be right. It is calling a rock a ball, and then claiming that, argumentum ad populum, the debate is still out. An end cannot be anything other than an end. That is the definition of END. The credits have rolled and the curtain has fallen. The game is over.

Do you finish a book and criticize it because there's nothing left to read? Do you finish watching a movie then throw a tantrum because there's no more screen time? No? Then why would you criticize the ending of a game for having ended? It's an argument my 11 year old niece wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole.

simon93 - can you read? There was a clear information that after you finish the game, it continues as if the final events did not happen.

What constitutes trolling is basically insulting other people's intelligence

Checked. Now stop trolling.

Last edited:
Ending The Witcher 3 ‘With a Bang’ - IGN First said:
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is the final Witcher game with Geralt of Rivia at center stage, and CDProjekt Red Senior Writer Jakub Szamałek told IGN, “we felt that we owed Geralt a proper goodbye, and decided to part ways with a boom.”

Szamałek continued, “I think good stories must have an ending. You cannot extend them indefinitely, and we felt that Geralt has had such an amazing adventure, and his saga is already so long and complex that this seemed like a good point to think about an appropriate finale for the story.”

Geralt “has reached the end of his journey,” but this doesn’t mean it’s the end of The Witcher universe in video games. “The Witcher universe is a very big place with a lot of NPCs, a lot of characters, a lot of places we haven’t shown yet,” Szamałek said. “So, we might return to it at some point…but we think that this is a good place to let Geralt enjoy his retirement and try something new."

It's possible we'll see characters such as Ciri -- the new heroine and Geralt's protege -- take the main role in the future, but CDProjekt Red isn't terribly forward about the future of the franchise. In speaking with the team, it really does seem like they're ready to let go for the time being.

“I think Wild Hunt is a game which allows him to really leave with a bang,” Szamałek concluded. Of course, he wouldn’t elaborate on what, exactly, the finale involved. He did, however, elaborate slightly. “I’d say that the endings in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt are a lot more varied than in the Witcher 2.”

As for the add-ons and expansions coming to The Witcher 3 following its release, Szamałek explained that "they’re within the story of the Witcher: Wild Hunt," running within the time frame, rather than after the ending.
They're also undecided and very vague when being asked about THE END. The line I bolded might be the reason why the world state is put before the last chapter, so the expansions can fit in.

Last edited:
simon93 - can you read? There was a clear information that after you finish the game, it continues as if the final events did not happen.

Checked. Now stop trolling.

Nah, I'm pretty open to other people's suggestions, rather than others who would rather tell people that "it's in their own heads" or "that there's no problem at all, it's just you." That's neither here nor there though, so whatever floats people's boat.

The fact remains, there are many people that have a difficult time going back to an empty KM after the ending. It's evidenced by this thread, and the other thread that RED has responded to, so it's probably something that would be a good idea to be looked into. It's ultimately up to CDPR to decide what they want to do, and not up to us to tell people that they are wrong for suggesting something or feeling a certain way.

Heck, I found the ending I received satisfying, but going back to an empty KM does kill the replay-ability of the open world. I figured that the world that you returned to would be a reflection of the choices you made. Who knows, maybe CDPR had that intention up their sleeve just didn't have time to implement it. That's what the forums are here for, to make suggestions though, not to tear others down for making those suggestions.

Last edited:
inanimate_object, my opinion is that you really don't have a clue about what we are talking about here, well i try to explain, in an open world sanbox game when the main story in over it not means that the game is over, you can still play and do those fck side quests, exploring or whatever, and the good example of that is skyrim. But i am sure you don't understand because it seems you never played an open world game, and i think the CDPR did a poor job with the post-ending gameplay and i am not the only one which says that. Now go and deal with it.

Last edited:
inanimate_object, my opinion is that you really don't have a clue about what we are talking about here, well i try to explain, in an open world sanbox game when the main story in over it not means that the game is over, you can still play and do those fck side quests, exploring or whatever, and the good example of that is skyrim. But i am sure you don't understand because it seems you never played an open world game, and i think the CDPR did a poor job with the post-ending gameplay and i am not the only one which says that. Now go and deal with it.

Oh you clever boy.

Listen, clever one, Witcher 3 is a story driven RPG. When the credits roll, the story is over. Ipso facto...you shouldn't have to be a brain surgeon to figure this one out. This "post-ending" gameplay (why you think that's a real term I do not know) you're talking about is nothing more than a way for completionists to finish off minor tasks. There's no time spent towards providing content for a "post-end" because it is PAST THE END. You can still go do your quests and explore the world. That you are demanding that CDPR dedicate time to content which is beyond the ending of their game is absurd. You don't criticize a book after finishing it by saying "what the hell, why aren't there more pages!" You don't critique a movie after the credits by saying "Wait, where's the next scene! Where's the 'post-ending' scenes?"

The end is the end. Someone as clever as you should eventually be able to piece together what that means. If not, I'm afraid you're going to have to deal with it.

Oh you clever boy.

Listen, clever one, Witcher 3 is a story driven RPG. When the credits roll, the story is over. Ipso facto...you shouldn't have to be a brain surgeon to figure this one out. This "post-ending" gameplay (why you think that's a real term I do not know) you're talking about is nothing more than a way for completionists to finish off minor tasks. There's no time spent towards providing content for a "post-end" because it is PAST THE END. You can still go do your quests and explore the world. That you are demanding that CDPR dedicate time to content which is beyond the ending of their game is absurd. You don't criticize a book after finishing it by saying "what the hell, why aren't there more pages!" You don't critique a movie after the credits by saying "Wait, where's the next scene! Where's the 'post-ending' scenes?"

The end is the end. Someone as clever as you should eventually be able to piece together what that means. If not, I'm afraid you're going to have to deal with it.

I think "demanding" is a harsh word, the majority is just opining on how this game can be truly re-playable. Like a story tale it already reached the "unforgettable story" goal, but still missing a few things to become an "outstanding re-playable" RPG Game. I think our wishes is this game exceed the Bethesda Games in role play terms. Witcher 3 have better graphics, gameplay, story, but still missing the role play and it's the heart of RPG's. Role play is so good that you can play only with words.

People are just spreading ideas on how improve the rp factor. Let's be honest: Skyrim was launched so many years ago and still a refreshing game. We want make the same thing with Witcher, we don't want Witcher ending like an adventure game and next year everybody will talk how the game WAS cool, i and many others want everybody talking how the game IS cool.

I think "demanding" is a harsh word, the majority is just opining on how this game can be truly re-playable. Like a story tale it already reached the "unforgettable story" goal, but still missing a few things to become an "outstanding re-playable" RPG Game. I think our wishes is this game exceed the Bethesda Games in role play terms. Witcher 3 have better graphics, gameplay, story, but still missing the role play and it's the heart of RPG's. Role play is so good that you can play only with words.

People are just spreading ideas on how improve the rp factor. Let's be honest: Skyrim was launched so many years ago and still a refreshing game. We want make the same thing with Witcher, we don't want Witcher ending like an adventure game and next year everybody will talk how the game WAS cool, me and many others want everybody talking how the game IS cool.
Listen, it's not as if I don't read and understand what you are saying. Truly, I see what you are trying to get at, but I'm trying to tell you its a misguided belief. Skyrim is not a story driven game. Point and fact, at what point in Skyrim do you see the credits? Do you ever recall seeing them? No? That's deliberate. Because in that game, the end of the story does not signify the end of the game, whereas in the Witcher 3 this is obviously untrue. It is based around the story and when the story ends, where can the game go? Where should it go? It goes the same place all books go when you finish reading them and all films go when you finish watching them. Nowhere. They are at an end.

Listen, it's not as if I don't read and understand what you are saying. Truly, I see what you are trying to get at, but I'm trying to tell you its a misguided belief. Skyrim is not a story driven game. Point and fact, at what point in Skyrim do you see the credits? Do you ever recall seeing them? No? That's deliberate. Because in that game, the end of the story does not signify the end of the game, whereas in the Witcher 3 this is obviously untrue. It is based around the story and when the story ends, where can the game go? Where should it go? It goes the same place all books go when you finish reading them and all films go when you finish watching them. Nowhere. They are at an end.

I would agree with you if we were talking about a book, a movie or an adventure game, an essencial point to a good story is end the story, repetitives delays about the end are a serious issue. But we are talking about an Open World RPG game, i know the rpg is story driven, but we have Role-Playing as important theme.

The important is not make more stories, put tons of post story content, the important is open a way to continue the rp. The World State post game isn't rp friendly.

Ppl are just expressing their opinions, whether CDPR decides to implement it or not is totally up to them, ppl only vent their thought out, this thread is one of the right place for that, just like every other thread with different topic, ppl just expressing their opinions about what they want or don't want. Should we start throwing insults now, is that really neccessary ? If anyone is so inclined to a different opinion, why not make a new thread for that, instead of forcing different opinion on a thread for the opposite.

Well "dear" Inanimate_object first of all stop giving orders and stop trying to force your opinion, second is that we did a poll about this and 410 people are agree with me and only 12 people agree with your opinion, if that don't rings a bell for you i dono what to say anymore.

Last edited:
Top Bottom