Post NCW2 poll - which lifepath are you going to choose?

+

After NCW 2, which background are you going to choose?

• Street Kid

Votes: 20 18.7%
  • Nomad

Votes: 41 38.3%
  • Corpo

Votes: 46 43.0%

• Total voters
Nomad, because they are very social, a big family with big hearts and probably the last free people in 2077. :)

At first I wanted to be a Corpo, but they come across as a bunch of mean egoists, are all alone in their concrete towers, hated by the people and eventually get backstabbed by their own colleagues. They're rotten individuals with a lot of money. And we all know that at some point we're going to lose all that money and implants we start with. What are we left with then? A bad personality?

I also find it way more interesting to start at zero and work my way to the top. Returning to the top as a Corpo somehow doesn't have the same feeling of achievement to it, because you return to where you began. That's just my opinion, of course. :p

From reading the Lore Book which obviously this is not a spoiler but, there are different ranks of Corpo. The "Dominated" are the lowest of the low security, drivers, cleaners and so on. There are mid level and then the CEOS, execs, and top dogs. According to the Lore there are normal every day people that work corpo because of the corpo benefits living conditions and so on doesn't mean you have to have a bad attitude just cause your labeled a corpo. They do there job and go home like normal people and the other guys well I think we all know how to move up the Corpo ladder.

By any means necessary.😈

From reading the Lore Book which obviously this is not a spoiler but, there are different ranks of Corpo. The "Dominated" are the lowest of the low security, drivers, cleaners and so on. There are mid level and then the CEOS, execs, and top dogs. According to the Lore there are normal every day people that work corpo because of the corpo benefits living conditions and so on doesn't mean you have to have a bad attitude just cause your labeled a corpo. They do there job and go home like normal people and the other guys well I think we all know how to move up the Corpo ladder.

By any means necessary.😈

Yep this. Also you probably need a bit of an attitude to strive as well. I imagine someone who's not willing to get their hands dirty wont make it toobfar or wont climb out of the 'dominated' section of the corporate structure
They all look really interesting. I'm not one to play a game many times over usually even if there are different endings however I think this game really demands multiple playthroughs. I'm so excited to also try street kid and nomad.
Nomads turned out to be super appealing as well but i feel ex corpo is the best one for Cyberninja playthrough
Katana, mantis blades/gorilla arms, tech sniper rifle, netrunning
My enemies will fear me as they start going down one by one.
We spotted netwatch using cammonet and Voodoo boys wanted to know where it comes from
I hope cammonet is an option to obtain in some way. I will kill or betray anyone for that.

I am reasonably sure I will still go for street kid for the first playthrough. See what life is like at the grassroots-level like I call it, then work my way up.

I admit I am very attracted to the corpo origin as well. More than I expected to be, simply because it seems to be the more "evil" origin. The Corpo V is more likely to be the kind of a**hole I imagine my V being, as I have always been partial to villains and being able to play a villainous character in a RPG is a huge turn-on for me. But corpo might also offer certain kind of insight as to how the world works, which might spoil some things for the other playthroughs.

Nomad I will undoubtedly leave last, as I am not at all attracted to how social the nomads are. I imagine my V to be more of a loner, no strings attached. I have to admit though that the origin (like all origins) seems exceptionally well-made, and has its own allure. The nomad V just doesn't seem the kind of V I relate with.

Last edited:
Yep this. Also you probably need a bit of an attitude to strive as well. I imagine someone who's not willing to get their hands dirty wont make it toobfar or wont climb out of the 'dominated' section of the corporate structure
They all look really interesting. I'm not one to play a game many times over usually even if there are different endings however I think this game really demands multiple playthroughs. I'm so excited to also try street kid and nomad.
Nomads turned out to be super appealing as well but i feel ex corpo is the best one for Cyberninja playthrough
Katana, mantis blades/gorilla arms, tech sniper rifle, netrunning
My enemies will fear me as they start going down one by one.
We spotted netwatch using cammonet and Voodoo boys wanted to know where it comes from
I hope cammonet is an option to obtain in some way. I will kill or betray anyone for that.
As of right now I'm still thinking street kid but the newest episode of Night City Wire got me invested into the Nomad life a little bit and Corpo life looks great. They all look great I honestly if the game is that good\diverse I will play threw this more than once.

I admit I am very attracted to the corpo origin as well. More than I expected to be, simply because it seems to be the more "evil" origin. The Corpo V is more likely to be the kind of a**hole I imagine my V being, as I have always been partial to villains and being able to play a villainous character in a RPG is a huge turn-on for me. But corpo might also offer certain kind of insight as to how the world works, which might spoil some things for the other playthroughs.
I hope and presume there is also variance to the way you can play the story out as any of the life paths. What I mean is that the way your corpo plays out doesn't play like mine. So you can probably be an asshole in any of the playthroughs :D

Definitely Nomad. I like being the outsider. Eventually I'll do a Corpo run through, just to see how the story differs. No interest in street kid.

At first I wanted to be a Corpo, but they come across as a bunch of mean egoists, are all alone in their concrete towers, hated by the people and eventually get backstabbed by their own colleagues. They're rotten individuals with a lot of money. And we all know that at some point we're going to lose all that money and implants we start with. What are we left with then? A bad personality?

A bad personality perhaps but, most importantly for me, a huge grudge towards megacorps. Enough reason for me to try the corpo path somewhere down the line, to strike back while V has their blood still boiling... although getting cozy with them again is still a possibility it seems, which could be really interesting as well :think: I prefer the nomad lifepath for my first playthrough, regardless.

The nomads numbers swelled up. Last time I remember nomads were below 10. Now they are almost tied with the corpos which was already above 20 when i chose my lifepath.

You saying this is persuading me into wanting to do Nomad first instead of Street Kid.
Yeah! I'm just concerned that if I choose street kid or corpo, V will talk about stuff I don't understand as a player. So maybe with the nomad lifepath people will explain everything to him like he's a newbie?

I've played cp2020 and I know a little lore, but I don't wanna get too crazy with it bc I wanna go into the game as fresh as possible lol. That's another reason why I'm like okay- I'm not watching anymore ncw eps, even if they show character creation!

I'm leaning towards Nomad bc he's gunna be the "outsider" who doesn't know much about NC (like me lol)

Nomad V won't be able to save Jackie, you know? :smart:
Post automatically merged:

Nomad, because they are very social, a big family with big hearts and probably the last free people in 2077. :)

At first I wanted to be a Corpo, but they come across as a bunch of mean egoists, are all alone in their concrete towers, hated by the people and eventually get backstabbed by their own colleagues. They're rotten individuals with a lot of money. And we all know that at some point we're going to lose all that money and implants we start with. What are we left with then? A bad personality?[.quote]
Well, you lose the Corpo money, but also the Nomad Family, so...

Street Kid...I get the feeling V will have more dealings street level, so I like the added options during dialog. Maybe a Nomad play-through next and I suppose a Corpo Rat last but I don't know...I'm not sure I can finish a game playing as someone I might not like personally.

Yeah! I'm just concerned that if I choose street kid or corpo, V will talk about stuff I don't understand as a player. So maybe with the nomad lifepath people will explain everything to him like he's a newbie?

I've played cp2020 and I know a little lore, but I don't wanna get too crazy with it bc I wanna go into the game as fresh as possible lol. That's another reason why I'm like okay- I'm not watching anymore ncw eps, even if they show character creation!

Isn't there a 6 months time jump for all LPs after the intro? Nomad V will have acclimated themselves to the city and learn how it runs by that time. I don't see CDPR making alternate dialogues for every npcs just so they treat the Nomad like a naive beginner the whole game. Remember, at the end of the day, all Vs will end up as a mercenary that will have to know how the basics of how shit work to do their job properly.
I feel like this "the newbie nomad" argument has just been pure speculation and a lot of people choosing this lifepath purely because of this are gonna be disappointed.

Both Nomad and Corpo in NCW2 present clear versions of the future they each enable V to build. Like Yin and Yang, they feel like these 2 mutually-incompatible philosophies that make each other all the more beautiful exactly because of that.

Nomad represents this future where people live like the real humans in good old days: traditional, camaraderie, pro-human, pro-family, high moral ground plus a recipe for chaos. Their life style may not be much in others' eyes, but they have so many things that no amount of money can buy.

Corpo represents the exact opposite: hyper technological, visionary, sacrifice of self for the greater good (corpo profit, brand image, advancement of the human race, etc. Take your pick), cold but efficient pragmatism, glory and glamour, total lack of moral codes with a glimmer of hope --- the chance for salvation hinted by Jackie's last few words. Outsiders must be so envious of this luxurious lifestyle. Little do they know about price of being inside the bubble.

With Street Kid in NCW2, that future is not so clear. It presented exactly what I think it is about, and that was it. So it's not boring because it did meet my expectation. It's just not as pleasantly surprising as the other two lifepaths, which showed the worlds that V can bring about as s/he grows in them.

Conclusion:
1. Maintaining my choice of Nomad as 1st playthrough.

2. Will play Corpo as 2nd and Street Kid as 3rd.

I am leaning heavily towards a female Nomad V, with an emphasis on being charming, but having melee & brawl skills to back it up!

Top Bottom