Post NCW2 poll - which lifepath are you going to choose?

+

After NCW 2, which background are you going to choose?

• Street Kid

Votes: 20 18.7%
  • Nomad

Votes: 41 38.3%
  • Corpo

Votes: 46 43.0%

• Total voters
All origins add additional dialog options. But they are in places which "make sense".
I know, which is why I said I planned on playing as a Street Kid because I anticipated more of my V's business done with street-level people instead of boardroom or badlands types. :whistle:

funny how this poll is the opposite of twitter's

1597327003885.png

Quite encouraging if this is representative of the true population.

The ideal situation which would benefit most players is if the fanbase is equally interested in all 3 lifepaths, which is close to what is happening on Twitter. It'd provide a real reason to ensure that all 3 are well made, if for nothing else but to appeal to the greatest number of people.

I'm still going to pick corpo but I saw an article or something where one of the devs mentioned that you're not going to reach the point of 1%. That you're not going to get to a point where you can afford a flying car and all that stuff. that takes a little bit out of it for me because I wanted to RP up the bad guy and climb the corpo ladder until your name means something, but still going to pick that or maybe go nomad.

Super interesting to see such a big difference between the forum and Twitter! Also, well done on CDPR for making three distinct backgrounds that can achieve almost equal popularity among a mainstream audience.

Honestly, what is wrong in the results? Isn't the optimal goal that all 3 origins would interest people equally?
I think that was his point exactly.

My hopeful side says Twitter isn't representative of the overall population. My cynical side worries it may be....

I personally think Twitter is quite fine. But I have that cynical attitude towards Tik Tok. Like, if what people do using that accursed app is representative of what your average teenagers do nowadays...I'm worried for humanity's future.

I think that was his point exactly.

Why did RestlessDingo hope that "it ISN'T representative" then? That's like implying there is something wrong in a more even distribution.

I'm still going to pick corpo but I saw an article or something where one of the devs mentioned that you're not going to reach the point of 1%. That you're not going to get to a point where you can afford a flying car and all that stuff. that takes a little bit out of it for me because I wanted to RP up the bad guy and climb the corpo ladder until your name means something, but still going to pick that or maybe go nomad.

I can see how this is going to be though. Arasaka are the "bad guys", so if you are attracted to corpo life, you will likely do consistent work for Militech (contact person Meredith Stout etc)

Why did RestlessDingo hope that "it ISN'T representative" then? That's like implying there is something wrong in a more even distribution.

Sorry, it was a failing attempt at humor. I meant to say I hope Twitter isn't representative of humanity as a whole.

Honestly, what is wrong in the results? Isn't the optimal goal that all 3 origins would interest people equally?

Hmm, no, I don't think all three origins need to interest people equally for it to be optimal. It would be optimal for all three origins to be interesting and desirable to play. Each one does not need to be evenly represented for this to be true.

In the grand scheme of things the Nomad LP will eventually be seen as the least favorite.

It had it's appeal now pre launch as people want to simultaneously learn the city with V on their first playthrough. But a year or so later when people played through all 3 LPs and the "newness" aspect that Nomad has is worn off, Nomad would be seen as the weakest.

In the grand scheme of things the Nomad LP will eventually be seen as the least favorite.

It had it's appeal now pre launch as people want to simultaneously learn the city with V on their first playthrough. But a year or so later when people played through all 3 LPs and the "newness" aspect that Nomad has is worn off, Nomad would be seen as the weakest.

I'm under the impression that most people are interested in the Nomad just because they will seemingly enter Night City later and will be "new" to the city, not because they necessarily like the concept of drifters as a whole.
I wonder if the Nomad would be as popular if it actually started in the city like the other two.

Well, I don’t know about other people’s feelings towards the nomads but my reason to pick their lifepath as my 1st. one isn’t because I’d get to start in the Badlands, it’s not my favorite location in the game anyway (I still like it a lot), it’s simply because of their lifestyle, perspective, and lore.

[...] a year or so later when people played through all 3 LPs and the "newness" aspect that Nomad has is worn off, Nomad would be seen as the weakest.

I get what you say but, at the same time, the same could be said about the other two paths if you think about it. For instance, once a player has gotten to know the streets of Night City one could say that the street kid path might no longer feel as interesting as the first time for them, and once they had their first taste of the life of the city’s rich and influential the corpo path might lose some of its magic. That’s just life.

Last edited:
Nomad for me. He doesn't know the city yet and so do I.
Same here. The nomad is new to the city, and me as a player don't know the city yet when I start with my first play-through. IMHO that makes role-playing easier ;).
Corpo will then be next, for my "asshole" play-through. :p

Top Bottom