Post NCW2 poll - which lifepath are you going to choose?

+

After NCW 2, which background are you going to choose?

• Street Kid

Votes: 20 18.7%
  • Nomad

Votes: 41 38.3%
  • Corpo

Votes: 46 43.0%

• Total voters
In the grand scheme of things the Nomad LP will eventually be seen as the least favorite.

It had it's appeal now pre launch as people want to simultaneously learn the city with V on their first playthrough. But a year or so later when people played through all 3 LPs and the "newness" aspect that Nomad has is worn off, Nomad would be seen as the weakest.
I'm under the impression that most people are interested in the Nomad just because they will seemingly enter Night City later and will be "new" to the city, not because they necessarily like the concept of drifters as a whole.
I wonder if the Nomad would be as popular if it actually started in the city like the other two.

For me i picked Nomad before seeing any footage. Yes i like the idea of learning NC at the same time as V. It`s more the idea in my head of a Mad Max / Native American Indian vibe to Nomad play that appeals . The Nomad LP seems .... kinda romantic to me , not i the sense of sexual romantic but a romantic idea . Family ( even when your not blood ) us against the harsh world of the Badlands but some how we make it through together .

I can't speak for others, but I'm personally drawn to Nomads because they're billed as the honest ones concerned about the welfare of their "family". That more honorable background appeals to my sensibilities and will likey also be a drawback in Night City at times, which should make for some interesting roleplaying.

I love that all the lifepaths are so different yet so appealing. I thought I wanted Nomad for the longest time because I'm a fan of Mad Max but now I'm unsure.

Street kid looks like a great option because it will give you an edge over most of your enemies having that knowledge of the streets and more dialog with gangs.

Corpo also seems really fun to have your position of wealth and power stripped from you and for you to take your experience as a corporate fixer and use it for yourself. Perhaps also getting some sort of revenge with this path against whomever through you under the bus.

I'm still leaning towards Nomad though as rebelling against the new corporate world while keeping a sense of family code/honour appeals to me the most, also living an hour away from a big city irl makes this choice feel right for me.

I can't speak for others, but I'm personally drawn to Nomads because they're billed as the honest ones concerned about the welfare of their "family". That more honorable background appeals to my sensibilities and will likey also be a drawback in Night City at times, which should make for some interesting roleplaying.

For me it's because they seem like the most renegade path of the bunch. Corpos are like, "Let's get paid lots of money and move up the ranks to help our corporate overloads stay on top and/or win the power struggle.". Street Kids are like, "Man, this system sucks. Why does the little guy always get screwed?". Nomads are like, "Fuck it, I'm out. Let's go boys were relocating to the desert, reverting to a tribal structure and making our own rules.".

I'm leaning towards Nomad on few accounts:
- I like their honorable family oriented ethical code
- I like cars and Mad Max vibe
- A nomad is a newcomer to Night City (and so am I as the player)

Points for street kid:
- I feel like that is the most realistic background, and most of us would end up as such in the Cyberpunk world
- Gaining power and striking back against the corporations that are putting you down feels personal and satisfying
and brings sense of achievement (nomad doesn't care as much, corpo is just getting back into the game)

Corpo:
- Being a smartass that knows what goes on behind the curtains and how strings are pulled

Top Bottom