Post Patch Deck Predictions?

+
Post Patch Deck Predictions?

Hey all!

I keep seeing so many changes and really feel way too new to fully comprehend it all, but I wanted to try and see what the community is expecting. Which decks do you think will excel port patch and which do you see would fall off?
I keep reading that NG and spell ST will be hurting, but have read others state that they would still be viable.
Of course we won't know until after play testing. As long as Monsters can hang with the best, I'll be ok!

colorad0kid1107;n8881300 said:
Hey all!

I keep seeing so many changes and really feel way too new to fully comprehend it all, but I wanted to try and see what the community is expecting. Which decks do you think will excel port patch and which do you see would fall off?
I keep reading that NG and spell ST will be hurting, but have read others state that they would still be viable.
Of course we won't know until after play testing. As long as Monsters can hang with the best, I'll be ok!

Really? & what are those way too new changes by the way?

As I saw both streams there are only few here & there tweaks specially in strength. Nothing big has changed :/

colorad0kid1107;n8881300 said:
Hey all!

They didn't do anything to address NG and Spell St whatsoever. They didn't even address those concerns in the livestream. All they did was nerf/buff a few cards but that does nothing to really change the way most decks work

TheDyingScotsman;n8882070 said:
They didn't do anything to address NG and Spell St whatsoever. They didn't even address those concerns in the livestream. All they did was nerf/buff a few cards but that does nothing to really change the way most decks work

Wth???? Last notes I saw seemed like it caused quite a buzz.... I did see someone state that a couple cards that were supposed to be changed were reverted back to normal, so now I have no idea....
I'll just wait for the official notes then!

I predict myself to have a 100 percent winrate. I don't imagine I will bother to log in and play though. Still, 100 percent is decent.

I can't say for sure what decks will be good or not but I am expecting a new northern realms deck to emerge. I think skellige will have some slightly stronger options and Nilfgaard might fall out of favor. Dagon Weather will still be strong and Consume might be slightly better. I don't think Scoia-tael decks will see much change.

They mostly just adjusted the strenght of units as some people like the abilities that others hate and I think it's fine.
I kinda find it weird that monsters got boosted so much overall as they weren't weak faction so far.

Dunno. I find the revamped persona of Scoia'tael horrid. Northern realms doesn't shit gold anymore, but they're like Scoia'tael personality wise, as much charm as a bucket full of sphincters. Nilfgaard, meh. Skellige is much the same. Weather is dumber every day, and I have been weathered now for a long time, and nothing seems to have changed much so why bother. I found the open beta quite disappointing and the patch seemed to take forever, and that's it. Meh.

TheDyingScotsman;n8882070 said:

Apart from NG getting hit across the board with number nerfs, the 2 most direct nerfs are:

golems deploying AFTER hero ability. This is quite detrimental for them. Due to how blacklist works, they are usually at the top of the deck, and the clatter means that their t1 calveit will more than likely bring something bad instead of something good.

enforcers looking at top card instead of top unit. This is a huge change, requiring different golds and more setup and being countered more easily.

so, apart from number tweaks, both tempo/spy and spellgaard had directed mechanic nerfs

I think skellige will have some slightly stronger options

Lol. No.
SK will be trash tier after the patch. CBH are useless now. Queens guard are still good but the bears can't keep the medics at bay. What remains is wound archetype which seems a bit better but still quite far from being competitive (I'll give it a shot though), discard will forever be crap (the captain pirate's can't even compare to how powerful the Dol Blathana protectors are) and axeman is still crap.
Gremist? Still 3 while several mages got buffed to 4. Still no units to clear the weather on a row either.

Well the entire idea behind these changes will be to balance out the game (mainly Spell SC and NG cuz bloody hell when 90% of the games you play is against NG and 80% of the time they win there is DEFINATELY something wrong). It worth though noting that these changes must NOT in any way create OP or crappy decks. After all they are ment to give all deck equal chances of winning. And yes balancing out a crad game with so many posibilities is hard. As soon as you nerf 1 deck another just takes its place so these changes must be accurate. It like trying to figure out who will sit on the throne in Game of Thrones next. Once you see an "OP" guy he is killed and another guy which you didn't expect takes the cake (BEFORE you say anything I have NEVER seen GoT not that I don't want to but my internet connection is crap so I don't know if any of that works in the show). That said the changes CDPR needs to make aren't to kill the opness they must be targeted to SMOOTH out the opness and bring every deck at a viable level. So talking about a meta show an imbalance only when no meta exists will the game be truly balanced.

Golems are op with 3 or 2 power. Bears are nerfed, so vicovaro medics are unstoppable now. Skellige rezz are so fucked, nilf is more or less the same op fuck insane decks. monsters are better and skoia spell is more or less the same thing (so sorry, my english is extreamly bad)
In my opinion Nilfgard need more nerfs, starting for the golems, that card needs change, not nerf, change.

Pellenan;n8885690 said:
Golems are op with 3 or 2 power. Bears are nerfed, so vicovaro medics are unstoppable now. Skellige rezz are so fucked, nilf is more or less the same op fuck insane decks. monsters are better and skoia spell is more or less the same thing (so sorry, my english is extreamly bad)
In my opinion Nilfgard need more nerfs, starting for the golems, that card needs change, not nerf, change.

it was changed, or to be more precise, Calveit was changed to not work that well with them.
monster weather buffs got reverted, but they are mostly the same (a QoL fix on foglets and a 1 point nerf on Dagon, meh)
bears... bears got completly changed. From a tech card to either protect your GY or to enable shieldmaidens, to a value card. It's value seems pretty good though, even if it lost 99% of it's utility. So basically from tech to value. Despite the reddit explosion of outcry, this is one change that actually has to be tested to see if it's just right, or OP. Strength SK seems dead though with 0 carryover.

Top Bottom