Post your 1.05 patch bugs here

+
Post your 1.05 patch bugs here

As the title says really guys. 1.05 has officially totally ruined Witcher 3 for me because of all its bugs, so thanks for that CDPR, but I can at least raise awareness of all the bugs I and others have found. So lets have at it guys!

Anyway, on with the purpose of this thread. If you started playing Witcher 3 with patch 1.05 from the off say so, and likewise if you started playing Witcher 3 on a earlier patch then upgraded to 1.05 then again be sure to mention it.

Ok, so I started playing Witcher 3 with patch 1.04, after "upgrading" to patch 1.05 here are the bugs I have encountered so far;

1. You can't create additional mutagens from weaker ones if you already have that stronger mutagen in your inventory the game just repeatedly spews at you that you already have that mutagen. This bug did not exist with patch 1.04.

2. Quests you are over leveled for (even main quests) only give you 5 experience points. How is anyone supposed to level up now CDPR? Makes my suggestion to have normal enemies worth more XP than they currently are look better all the time doesn't it?

3. Geralt will not always climb ladders properly instead just falling back to the ground once he reaches the top of the ladder. A prime example of this is on the Oxenfurt witcher contract quest once you track the bat thing down to the hut by the water Geralt will reach the top of the ladder, then just fall down to the ground. Happens every time. Apparently you can fix this by saving and loading the save. Bug might of just been a fluke my end.

4. Combat related bugs. I've had Geralt get "stuck" in parrying \ counter, unable to attack with a sword on several occasions until a reload of a save. If Geralt is on a boat when its attacked and sinks I've also had Geralt unable to attack with the crossbow on several occasions until a save\reload.

5. I never noticed this happening with patch 1.04 but it might of, large enemy NPCs getting stuck on terrain when you are fighting them. Looks hilarious you can just stand there and batter them as they try to free themselves from the terrain :p

6. Not a big deal this one if you are playing on PC but I can imagine it annoying a lot of console players, there needs to be a 3-5 second countdown to fist fights as in about 70% of the fights the AI got a good 3-5 cheap shots on me before the camera had fully transitioned, controls were also unresponsive during this time making it impossible to fight back.

Thats all the bugs I've noticed so far. Next is stuff I've noticed that aren't bugs but something REALLY needs to be done about them all the same.

1. NPC pop-in, good lord this is horrendously woefully terribly awful. So many times I've had NPCs fade in right in front of my face as it were. Minimum fade in for NPCs should be at least 50-75 feet\meters\whatever to prevent this.

2. Static mesh draw distances need to be higher, endless times in Skellig especially I've been looking out to the ocean and just seen a giant ship mast floating in the air where the static mesh of the ship itself has faded out, it looks terrible. Same goes for some houses and giant wood walls protecting some villages, they fade in FAR too close to the player. Triple these values. At least.

3. Dynamic terrain, the range at which this is drawn needs to be increased to at least 100, its god awfully unsightful seeing rocks\stones\leaves etc magically appear on the road as you walk\ride along on horseback.

Finally, and I really do feel the need to say it given how CDPR seem to of forgotten this, we are PC gamers because we do NOT want to see these things console players have to put up with due to the weaker hardware in them.

Last edited:
1. You can't create additional mutagens from weaker ones if you already have that stronger mutagen in your inventory the game just repeatedly spews at you that you already have that mutagen. This bug did not exist with patch 1.04.

This does not only affect mutagens but also all other ingredients involving alchemy (rubedo and the likes)

2. Quests you are over leveled for (even main quests) only give you 5 experience points. How is anyone supposed to level up now CDPR? Makes my suggestion to have normal enemies worth more XP than they currently are look better all the time doesn't it?

Well they said they would fix the No XP bug for grey quests and they did!!! I mean 5xp!!!!!!!! Sarcasm off

4. Combat related bugs. I've had Geralt get "stuck" in parrying \ counter, unable to attack with a sword on several occasions until a reload of a save. If Geralt is on a boat when its attacked and sinks I've also had Geralt unable to attack with the crossbow on several occasions until a save\reload.

Haven't noticed that myself but for reasons I have yet to discern sometimes my stamina bar will drain and not fill back up, not even after combat has ended. Reloading the savegame doesn't fix this issue so I have to revert back to a savegame where I still had a properly functioning stamina bar. It appears to happen more frequently when an enemy attack kicks me back by several metres while lining up attacks myself but I haven't been able to reliably reproduce this bug to be sure what exactly is causing it.

As far as fist fights is concerned: In some fist fights I was unable to inflict any damage to my opponent, making these battles unwinnable. For instance in the starting area when I was confronted by the three thugs outside the inn I couldn't hit them (not even when counter-attacking) so I had to run away and solve it that way. On the other hand the fist fight tournaments work just fine so I can't say that it's entirely broken. Another situation was when I first entered Dandelions new establishment and a fist fight ensued.. I couldn't hit a thing so had to wait until Zoltan had finished them all off.

Apart from that I've seen the odd drowner falling out of the sky while swimming across a lake.

Finally, and I really do feel the need to say it given how CDPR seem to of forgotten this, we are PC gamers because we do NOT want to see these things console players have to put up with due to the weaker hardware in them.

Yea that is one valid point that is kind of upsetting me as well.. I mean we can debate it all we want but at the end of the day ppl with high end system have hardware that is alot more powerful than what is inside consoles. So I fail to see why we have to put up with the same sh*t as console players

This are my exact problems; before 1.04 the LOD was great .. now everything is POPing IN shadows, texture, particles, decals, benches, NPCs, Roof tops, the vegetation on the buildings and many more. Maybe even AA is not working properly

This does not only affect mutagens but also all other ingredients involving alchemy (rubedo and the likes)

Haven't noticed that myself but for reasons I have yet to discern sometimes my stamina bar will drain and not fill back up, not even after combat has ended. Reloading the savegame doesn't fix this issue so I have to revert back to a savegame where I still had a properly functioning stamina bar. It appears to happen more frequently when an enemy attack kicks me back by several metres while lining up attacks myself but I haven't been able to reliably reproduce this bug to be sure what exactly is causing it.

As far as fist fights is concerned: In some fist fights I was unable to inflict any damage to my opponent, making these battles unwinnable. For instance in the starting area when I was confronted by the three thugs outside the inn I couldn't hit them (not even when counter-attacking) so I had to run away and solve it that way. On the other hand the fist fight tournaments work just fine so I can't say that it's entirely broken. Another situation was when I first entered Dandelions new establishment and a fist fight ensued.. I couldn't hit a thing so had to wait until Zoltan had finished them all off.

Apart from that I've seen the odd drowner falling out of the sky while swimming across a lake.

Good to know, so basically forget about alchemy completely because its totally broken. Wonderful. Combat also seems to be a mixed bag, stamina bar for me has always recovered fine. Although I'm not sure what the white bar above Geralts health is supposed to be for I didn't pay any attention to the tutorial on that one :p

This are my exact problems; before 1.04 the LOD was great .. now everything is POPing IN shadows, texture, particles, decals, benches, NPCs, Roof tops, the vegetation on the buildings and many more. Maybe even AA is not working properly

I may be able to help on that, I've extensively modified XML files to limit \ eliminate a lot of that but there is still some engine locked annoyances only CDPR could address. If you PM me your email I can send you my modified XML files.

---------- Updated at 02:51 PM ----------

One thing I noticed is I lost my red mutagen after the patch. Not sure where it went.

That is a odd one... maybe something to do with the crafting changes made where old runes wouldn't stack with the "new" post 1.05 patch ones?

Although I'm not sure what the white bar above Geralts health is supposed to be for I didn't pay any attention to the tutorial on that one

It's a visual representation of your current level progress. once the white bar is full you level up ;). And alchemy is broken insofar as it is not possible to create anything that requires more than one rubedo, albedo, etc.. and if I remember correctly there a few recipes that required more than one. But even if that was not the case it's still bothersome to only be able to create one at a time. And of course the mutagen upgrade issue is a serious bug

yep alot of bug in combat: god mod with queen staying always active, cant hit enemies under puppet axii effect, or just those enemies with 100% chances of blocking is ridiculous.
also so much various little issues, not really bugs but just some leaks:
typically some problems to get up out of water on objects like ice or npc doing crazy movements in the airs etc... Good luck listing all problems, but i think redprojectCD should be aware of most of it by just playing the game for few hours by themselves and on various PC.

Let me just say, before all the complaining the core game is absolutely fantastic

Now, I have the following bugs:

1. Water not affected by weather (Does everybody have this one?)
2. Random Crashes (NEVER CRASHED BEFORE 1.05!!!)
3. Crafting Bug (Everybody seems to have this)
4. Gwent sometimes doesn't let my select any card but one, which I can't even play -> forfeit game
5. No Zoltan card under tree
6. Glyph crafting shows always zero crafting materials, no matter how many glyphs and lesser glyphs I have
7. Pop-ins like everybody else. There's been enough complaining about this, so I don't think I need to go in detail.

Also CDPR shoot really reconsider the loot system for their future games:
-You don't need anything you find because the school gear is always better and selling it is a chore because everyone is always broke.
-When you explore a lot you become super rich, have tons of resources and not enough to do with them. I've bought manuscripts and recipes for over 10k and I still have 30 Crowns left. There is nothing to do with that money. Put some expensive, but highly desirable stuff in the game, so money has some actual use
- Weight: When exploring your weight fills up way too fast. I took a boat trip around Skellige and found two 15kg armors and some other stuff weighing 10kg for a total of 40 in one chest. That was from a chest in a pirate stash with 3 chests. So I had 40kg from a 3rd of one undiscovered location and no fast travel in sight. You can't go exploring like this. Even with the fiend decoction, I have gone over 200.

You don't need anything you find because the school gear is always better and selling it is a chore because everyone is always broke.

Really? I seriously beg to differ on that account. I'm level 35 and I've found relics that were better than the witcher school items. So unless they intend on upscaling the sets sometime in the future they will become next to useless as people progress (as the loot will be close to your level so even your decent level 31 master crafted witcher school sword will suck balls compared to "ordinary" relic drops once you reach level 40 [and quite possibly even before that]).

With the complete absence of set bonuses I've already started replacing some of the witcher set items because the item drops simply had better stats than the witcher gear

Really? I seriously beg to differ on that account. I'm level 35 and I've found relics that were better than the witcher school items. So unless they intend on upscaling the sets sometime in the future they will become next to useless as people progress (as the loot will be close to your level so even your decent level 31 master crafted witcher school sword will suck balls compared to "ordinary" relic drops once you reach level 40 [and quite possibly even before that]).

With the complete absence of set bonuses I've already started replacing some of the witcher set items
That might be because the school gear ends at a certain level and after that you can get better stuff. I'm level 24 and have never gotten anything better than my school gear. Unless you count 3% more damage but less of everything else an upgrade. Combined with all the buffs you get from the school gear there just isn't anything worth out there. I've sold 100% of all relic swords and armors I've gotten.

That might be because the school gear ends at a certain level and after that you can get better stuff. I'm level 24 and have never gotten anything better than my school gear. Unless you count 3% more damage but less of everything else an upgrade. Combined with all the buffs you get from the school gear there just isn't anything worth out there. I've sold 100% of all relic swords and armors I've gotten.

Yea, I meant explicitly beyond a level threshold you start finding better gear. I also wore the witcher set until I was level 31, but then I simply started finding better gear (which is kinda sad as looking at some relic armor may lead to eye cancer)

Why do you people worry about xp? I really don't get it. All my quests are 6 levels below me. Do you want a quest log full of grey quests?

OP, PLEASE INCLUDE THESE 2 BUGS IN THE FIRST POST:

I simply cannot find the key for the merchant in distress in Velen north of Hanged Man's tree. He keeps saying the key is somewhere nearby. I have killed the 4 mounted bandits and searched the whole place, no damn key to be found. I am a completionist so this really bugs me.

Also I rescued a barber and he said he said to stop by his shop in Claywich. I have waited several in game days and he is nowhere to be found in Claywich.

I have tried reloading multiple times, going to the locations at different times of day. Still bugged FFS!

Can you please look into this?

Thanks

OP, PLEASE INCLUDE THESE 2 BUGS IN THE FIRST POST:

I simply cannot find the key for the merchant in distress in Velen north of Hanged Man's tree. He keeps saying the key is somewhere nearby. I have killed the 4 mounted bandits and searched the whole place, no damn key to be found. I am a completionist so this really bugs me.

Also I rescued a barber and he said he said to stop by his shop in Claywich. I have waited several in game days and he is nowhere to be found in Claywich.

I have tried reloading multiple times, going to the locations at different times of day. Still bugged FFS!

Can you please look into this?

Thanks

I can honestly say when I started playing fresh with patch 1.04 I didn't have either of those problems, and even with patch 1.05 the barber guy is still working at least :p

---------- Updated at 09:59 PM ----------

Why do you people worry about xp? I really don't get it. All my quests are 6 levels below me. Do you want a quest log full of grey quests?

You have to level up in order to unlock \ find better gear in order to take on a lot of things without dying in a single hit, thats why.

---------- Updated at 10:16 PM ----------

It's a visual representation of your current level progress. once the white bar is full you level up ;). And alchemy is broken insofar as it is not possible to create anything that requires more than one rubedo, albedo, etc.. and if I remember correctly there a few recipes that required more than one. But even if that was not the case it's still bothersome to only be able to create one at a time. And of course the mutagen upgrade issue is a serious bug

Ah ok thanks, that solves that mystery then :D

With the complete absence of set bonuses I've already started replacing some of the witcher set items because the item drops simply had better stats than the witcher gear

Same here, its a serious balancing problem. Not once have I ever bothered buying something because I know if I open 3-5 chests I'm going to find something better, and lets be honest, theres so many bloody chests dotted about (smugglers caches, spoils of war etc) the only purpose of merchants is to sell \ dismantle the shit you don't want. Its sad to think a lot of these balancing issues could be resolved by about 50% of chest locations being removed and removing the level requirement of weapons and armour.

Anyway, back on topic now guys I found another bug, seems like a rare one but a damn annoying one.

I was out at sea, started getting attacked by some flying beasties so I got up to fight them and Geralt......magically jumped to about the height of the mast, fell down and boom. Dead.

I was out at sea, started getting attacked by some flying beasties so I got up to fight them and Geralt......magically jumped to about the height of the mast, fell down and boom. Dead.

Actually not so new, I had a similar freak incident the other day in a very similar situation, only that I didn't die but missed my boat and just fell into the water (lucky me)

Crashing when trying to open inventory screen. Random as to frequency, but only happens when I open inventory.

Ok so no bugs to report that havent already been mentioned however a kind of work around for the alchemy and mutagen combining bug ....drop all normal and greater mutagens in a loot bag at your feet then craft another standard mutagen drop it and rinse and repeat...same with white gull etc.

Crashing when trying to open inventory screen. Random as to frequency, but only happens when I open inventory.

What version of the game are you currently playing, and did you start playing with a earlier patch version than 1.05 then upgraded to 1.05? I've never had that problem.

big bug: endless loadingscreen in main mission.

Once more, did you upgrade to 1.05 or is it a fresh new game with 1.05? Also, is your system overclocked and have you verified theres no instability with your system?

Ok so no bugs to report that havent already been mentioned however a kind of work around for the alchemy and mutagen combining bug ....drop all normal and greater mutagens in a loot bag at your feet then craft another standard mutagen drop it and rinse and repeat...same with white gull etc.

Do these items "refresh" themselves or something if you drop and pick them back up?

Glyph crafting won't recognize pre 1.05 lesser glyphs.

I have 10 lessers in one stack, another 1 in another (same glyph ofc), have the normal upgrade recipe and greater.
If wanting to craft a normal glyph from lessers, it shows 1/2 (even though I have 11 in total).

I've read about a console fix but did not want to do it :p. Overall this is the most annoying bug to me at this time.

Top Bottom