Potential Bloat: Is this game going to be too big

+
I'm not "opposing" anything. I just think it's not worth implementing, considering the fact that storage is so cheap these days. Implementing different installation packages was necessary in times when people had HDD's in size of megabytes (my first HDD - 160MB). Now it's not relevant anymore.
Peeps just want 4k textures at 5.25 floppy file size, because *magic*.

Here's a semi decent article/explanation of this phenomenon: https://www.pcgamer.com/why-are-game-install-sizes-getting-so-big/

Here's some food for thought... maybe developers can give people an option to download textures corresponding to whatever resolution they plan on using. 4K? Here's 150GB download... 1080? here's 80GB just for you. I'm not sure on logistics and the amount of work this would require, but... why not?

i think the fact that its smaller than the witcher 3 in terms of map size(traversal is much faster) shows that they are focusing more on the quality,all my hope is on the open world team to add good content,if the side quests/contracts/street stories are as well written as they were in the witcher 3 then im happy.

I already uninstalled GTA 5 since I quit playing it a year ago anyway. So now I will have more than enough space for Red Dead Redemption 2 and Cyberpunk.

That's my hope too. I don't get to play many VG these days as RL takes the precedence. But a good game can last me easily 2-3 years.
That's what I do to. Instead of buying of games that I can finish in a week I usually buy games that have lots of content and spending months playing. I'm here thinking what's worth it for me in the long-term.

5 pages on whether or not games should have a decent amount of content, or, as OP seems to suggest, it would be better to have less game.

Bizarre. How?

5 pages on whether or not games should have a decent amount of content, or, as OP seems to suggest, it would be better to have less game.

Bizarre. How?
Surprisingly, Cyberpunk2077 is expected to be at (about? or exactly?) 70gb. :D(y)

a dev from post NCW E03 said that the main story for CP2077 is "slightly" shorter than W3. They apparently have the polls & massive data that proved W3 might be too long for some players as they didn't finished its main story.
I think the portion of main story & side quests will be spread evenly enough with a much more webs of branching stories. It make sense that one of the devs actually said that you could finished the main story from a branch part of side quests, making this quests doesn't feel like main or side stories, but a natural outcomes from its stories branching parts.

a dev from post NCW E03 said that the main story for CP2077 is "slightly" shorter than W3. They apparently have the polls & massive data that proved W3 might be too long for some players as they didn't finished its main story.
I think the portion of main story & side quests will be spread evenly enough with a much more webs of branching stories. It make sense that one of the devs actually said that you could finished the main story from a branch part of side quests, making this quests doesn't feel like main or side stories, but a natural outcomes from its stories branching parts.
It's gonna be amazing when someone makes a storyline map that shows all the different paths. :eek::D

https://www.destructoid.com/stories...wing-witcher-3-length-complaints-604304.phtml

Please don't water down a game because people haven't finished the Witcher 3. Why punish those who want a longer game for the sake of those that didn't finish a game. No one is saying you have to finish a game in one sitting. I played the Witcher 3 for months. Heck I just finished the base game on Switch having already finished the base game twice on PC.

Make the game you want to make and stick to that vision.

Top Bottom