Potential quick fix for those getting stuck in the games settings menu after the 1.05 Hotfix

+
So I've noticed a lot of people on the PS4 console have been getting stuck when they tried to alter the settings of the game after the 1.05 hotfix and the only way they could get out of the settings menu was to revert any settings changes that had been made. I also just had this problem. However, I restarted my game and then altered the settings of the game via the start screen and then loaded my game and the settings are saved and I haven't had to mess around in the settings again and thus aren't getting stuck in the settings menu.

If others want to test this out and let me know if they've found this to work as well then by all means comment so others can see this post and not have to get frustrated with the game's base settings.

@CaptainMainwaring this didn't seem to work at first. It just locked me in at the title screen menu. So I closed the game via the Playstation button.

When I reloaded I got an error that user settings data was corrupt and being reset to default. So I tried again, and it took on the 2nd try. So it might take some people a try or two to get it to stick.

Just got in game and the settings have not changed back, so hopefully this workaround helps.

Thank you for the advice BTW.

Good to see it did eventually work on your end. Dunno how they missed such a glaring problem before pushing this Hotfix out honestly.

You are console users. You are not supposed to choose your own settings, because you have all the same hardware.
Thank you for your feedback! I'm really interested to hear your advice, based on your ("obviously") many many years of expertise in software development and hardware infrastructure! :rolleyes:

I got stuck on the options menu too, then I closed the game via the Playstation button., and whe it reloaded I got an error that user settings data was corrupt, I enter the options menu on the main screen and that worked for me.

Top Bottom