"Potion"-Bug? "Swallow potion" "Thunderbold Potion" cant target witchers

+
"Potion"-Bug? "Swallow potion" "Thunderbold Potion" cant target witchers

When i want to target any buffin potion which is stronger when you are casting this on a witcher like "Swallospotion" I cant target Geralt. Am i completely stupid or is this a bug?

SirFeed-a-lot;n6965550 said:
When i want to target any buffin potion which is stronger when you are casting this on a witcher like "Swallospotion" I cant target Geralt. Am i completely stupid or is this a bug?

Swallow only works on non-gold cards. Geralt is a gold card. The bonus effect for witchers is applicable to Eskel, Vesemir & Lambert as far as I know.

Maokiel;n6966010 said:
Rawls it does work on Geralt & Ciri if they are demote too, doesn't it ?

I'm honestly not sure as I've never tried that. I would assume yes for Geralt since it is a non-gold cards at that point. Ciri I would be less confident of since she's never undergone the mutations and thus swallow should in theory not effect her the same.

WARNING MILD SPOILER FOR TW3 POSSIBLE B&W ENDING - But one of the B&W endings messed up that lore point too - so it's definitely possible.

Last edited:
Hopefully the text on the Potions gets changed to "non-gold witchers" because I think most people are confused by this when they first start.

The Ciri card does not have the "witcher" tag. So, it would surprise me if she would get the extra witcherly benefit of the potions, if demoted.

Pyrofox;n6966960 said:
Hopefully the text on the Potions gets changed to "non-gold witchers" because I think most people are confused by this when they first start.
It should indeed, cause it's really confusing for anybody who has play any witcher game before (or read the book, iirc). It's an emblematic potion, and Geralt not being able to drink it is odd. I mean, I can obviously see the reason why gameplay-wise, but then they should add "non-gold witcher".

Maokiel;n6966010 said:
Rawls it does work on Geralt & Ciri if they are demote too, doesn't it ?

No, Ciri doesn't get the extra buff from the swallow potion if demoted. Seems you need to have the witcher tag on the card.

Rawls;n6965770 said:
Swallow only works on non-gold cards. Geralt is a gold card. The bonus effect for witchers is applicable to Eskel, Vesemir & Lambert as far as I know.

Question: Does the blue pot buff all three of them? I assume not since they're not the same card, but I wouldn't find it strange since there's only 3 non-gold witchers ingame.

Leij;n7041190 said:
Question: Does the blue pot buff all three of them? I assume not since they're not the same card, but I wouldn't find it strange since there's only 3 non-gold witchers ingame.

I don't believe it does since each of them is a unique card. But I've never tested it personally.

Blue potion only affects to one Witcher at a time as far as I can remember (tested this once "ages ago"). Their names are different, so they are not the same cards (copies) even if they are all Witchers. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Top Bottom