Power in Tflops of consoles and CG Nvidia

+
Hi, here is a little recap of the power of the different consoles in Tflops and Nvidia graphics card (even if that is not everything),
it's just a matter of understanding things a little better and the cause of the optimization concerns with the ps4 and the xbox one, why not AMD, because for the moment AMD does not manage the ray tracing. :rolleyes:

XBOX ONE: 1.31 Tflops
PS 4: 1.84 Tflops

XBOX ONE X: 6 Tflops
PS 4 PRO: 4.2 Tflops

XBOX SERIES X: 12 Tlops
PS 5: 10.28 Tflops

RTX graphics card:

RTX 2060 normal: 6.5 Tflops (Tensor Flops: 51.6)
RTX 2070 normal: 7.5 Tflops (Tensor Flops: 60)
RTX 2080 normal: 10.6 Tflops
RTX 2080 TI: 14.2 Tflops (Tensor Flops: 114)
RTX 3070: 40 Tflops (Tensor Flops: 163)
RTX 3080: 58 Tflops (Tensor Flops: 238)
RTX 3090: 69 Tflops (Tensor Flops: 285)

When we see the differences in power, it is thoughtful, and makes certain things understandable, even if these are not new.

Hi, here is a little recap of the power of the different consoles in Tflops and Nvidia graphics card (even if that is not everything),
it's just a matter of understanding things a little better and the cause of the optimization concerns with the ps4 and the xbox one, why not AMD, because for the moment AMD does not manage the ray tracing. :rolleyes:

XBOX ONE: 1.31 Tflops
PS 4: 1.84 Tflops

XBOX ONE X: 6 Tflops
PS 4 PRO: 4.2 Tflops

XBOX SERIES X: 12 Tlops
PS 5: 10.28 Tflops

RTX graphics card:

RTX 2060 normal: 6.5 Tflops (Tensor Flops: 51.6)
RTX 2070 normal: 7.5 Tflops (Tensor Flops: 60)
RTX 2080 normal: 10.6 Tflops
RTX 2080 TI: 14.2 Tflops (Tensor Flops: 114)
RTX 3070: 40 Tflops (Tensor Flops: 163)
RTX 3080: 58 Tflops (Tensor Flops: 238)
RTX 3090: 69 Tflops (Tensor Flops: 285)

When we see the differences in power, it is thoughtful, and makes certain things understandable, even if these are not new.
Niceone. Thumps up.

Even if you can´t compare everything with Tflops.

The RTX 3070 is comparable with a RTX 2080TI in power and they differ 26 Tflops.
But we can see where the problems toward the current gen consoles are.

Interesting data. However, I think the picture is probably a lot more complicated, especially when it comes to the new consoles. The efficiency of the development tools provided by MS and Sony will have a major impact on how close the game gets to taking advantage of the computing power.

The new amd big navi cards will support raytracing, but they do not support DLSS (which is nvidia proprietary)

Does look like Microsoft has been working on something very similar for DX12 which AMD is implementing. so they might get something.

Does look like Microsoft has been working on something very similar for DX12 which AMD is implementing. so they might get something.
DLSS isn't the only upscaling technique available.

The PS4Pro has checkerboarding that works pretty well - so the PS5 probably supports it as well.
Ubisoft has "temporal filtering" in most of their games.

So ya, there are many "smart upscaling" techniques - some don't even need hardware support.

PS: Most of Ubisoft's games are by the numbers soulless trash but their tech is pretty decent half the time.

I know well that the gpu and the tflops are not everything there is also the cpu the ram the ssd obviously for AMD they will find an equivalent to NVIDIA without worries, also for the DLSS, I just wanted to make a small list to give an idea. My choice for this next gen is based on the cyberpunk release date which was November 19, I opted for an RTX, to be sure to have the pleasure of playing cyberpunk in high quality, this choice has on the other hand sacrifice my purchase of next gen console. I'm not telling you disappointment me when the game was postponed again. If the date hadn't been announced, November 19th with an official cooldown! My choice would have been quite different, and I would have taken a next gen. :sneaky:

Top Bottom