Practicum in Advanced Alchemy quest bug

+
I've been trying to collect all the Gwent cards, and followed the quest on Skellige. I came across Gremist and he would just sit there on a bench in front of his cave and I couldn't enter any dialogue with him. Then I recalled that I had to do a quest for him before I could play Gwent and get his card, so I went to a nearby druid and got the quest (which didn't even pop up on the left side of the screen, kinda weird; i got it in journal tho). So when I follow the quest and find Gremist, it just says "quest updated" without giving me any following tasks to complete, and Gremist is still sitting on that bench, telling me to leave him alone. If I'm not mistaken, there should be some cutscene there but it just ain't happening.

Has anyone had the same problem? It's really blocking me from my primary goal of this playthrough which is collecting every Gwent card, and I spent almost an hour trying to load saves, fast travel and then come back, meditating etc. so I'm frustrated as hell.

Since you're on PC the first question is whether you have, or have ever had, mods installed on that save.

Since you're on PC the first question is whether you have, or have ever had, mods installed on that save.
Nope, not a single mod installed. I'm playing on Steam version if that makes any difference. I haven't experienced a bug like this on my first playthrough on GOG's version tho.

so I went to a nearby druid and got the quest (which didn't even pop up on the left side of the screen, kinda weird; i got it in journal tho). So when I follow the quest and find Gremist, it just says "quest updated" without giving me any following tasks to complete, and Gremist is still sitting on that bench, telling me to leave him alone. If I'm not mistaken, there should be some cutscene there but it just ain't happening.
Have you completed all the other steps in this walk-through?

Have you completed all the other steps in this walk-through?
The problem is the quest stops updating after I complete "Find Gremist's workshop" step. It just disappears from the UI , giving me no more tasks to complete (hence I can't track it), even though it's still present in the journal. And as I mentioned before, I can't speak to Gremist even after completing the first step.

The problem is the quest stops updating after I complete "Find Gremist's workshop" step. It just disappears from the UI , giving me no more tasks to complete (hence I can't track it), even though it's still present in the journal. And as I mentioned before, I can't speak to Gremist even after completing the first step.
That's unusual. You mentioned reloading saves, so I assume you've tried ones from before starting the quest? My only other suggestion would be to try verifying/repairing your game. If that doesn't help, you can contact RED Support, using the link here.

That's unusual. You mentioned reloading saves, so I assume you've tried ones from before starting the quest? My only other suggestion would be to try verifying/repairing your game. If that doesn't help, you can contact RED Support, using the link here.
Oh my god, I would've never thought that repairing game files would help, I was sure that my save is bugged! Thank you so much it finally works!!

Hi, i‘m new to this forum and i have a similar problem, i hope it‘s ok to comment here :)

I did the quest Practicum in Advenced Alchemy some time ago, so i can‘t reload my game. Now i wanted to complete the Skellige gwent quest, but Gremist won‘t talk to me even though i completed the practicum. I‘m not sure but i think i couldn‘t talk to him directly after finishing the quest, but i didn‘t realize that would be so big of a problem, and now it‘s too late … I checked and the quest log also says that the Alchemy quest is completed.

I asked another druid about master alchemists and he told me about Gremist, but that wouldn‘t trigger any new quest.

I now verified the integrity of files via Steam and they say that all files are validated.

So … What can i do about it? I have various mods installed so i don‘t know if any of them could have triggered the bug. Do i just have to live with it? Or is there maybe a console command to finish the Gremist-Gwent-quest? The card itself wouldn’t be the problem (i could get that via console command).

I hate having unfinished quests in my quest log, i know it‘s more of an aesthetic problem, but still …

I hope someone can help me or tell me where i should go with my problem :) Thanks in advance!

PS: I noticed he also has the Alchemist symbol on the minimap, still i can‘t talk to him …

Hi, i‘m new to this forum and i have a similar problem, i hope it‘s ok to comment here :)

I did the quest Practicum in Advenced Alchemy some time ago, so i can‘t reload my game. Now i wanted to complete the Skellige gwent quest, but Gremist won‘t talk to me even though i completed the practicum. I‘m not sure but i think i couldn‘t talk to him directly after finishing the quest, but i didn‘t realize that would be so big of a problem, and now it‘s too late … I checked and the quest log also says that the Alchemy quest is completed.

I asked another druid about master alchemists and he told me about Gremist, but that wouldn‘t trigger any new quest.

I now verified the integrity of files via Steam and they say that all files are validated.

So … What can i do about it? I have various mods installed so i don‘t know if any of them could have triggered the bug. Do i just have to live with it? Or is there maybe a console command to finish the Gremist-Gwent-quest? The card itself wouldn’t be the problem (i could get that via console command).

I hate having unfinished quests in my quest log, i know it‘s more of an aesthetic problem, but still …

I hope someone can help me or tell me where i should go with my problem :) Thanks in advance!

PS: I noticed he also has the Alchemist symbol on the minimap, still i can‘t talk to him …
Wait for Brothers In Arms Next Gen update for the current patch and install the mod

Thank you! The update is now available, but it still won‘t work :(

But i think at least i have an idea why: I can‘t really remember because it‘s so long ago, but it‘s possible that i fast-traveled away from Gremist (i use the AllowFT console command) before the cutscene was triggered … But it‘s strange that the quest is nonetheless completed. And that would mean i can‘t do anything about it, right? Maybe undo the Alchemy quest and do it again – but i don‘t know the quest-ID and can‘t find it via google … Any ideas? 🥲

And on another note: The Brothers in Arms Mod isn‘t compatible with a few mods that i like very much. I managed without it so far – would you say it is worth it? I didn‘t notice bugs yet that this mod fixes 🤔

Okay first of all try speaking to another alchemist close to the Gremist to see if anything will trigger. After that go next to the Gremist and meditate 1 hour. He might disappear but if you go further where he is not visible to the minimap and come back he will respawn. The thing is you just speak to him and then dialogue options appear. And only then you begin his questline.

Top Bottom