Practicum In Advanced Alchemy quest bug

+
Practicum In Advanced Alchemy quest bug

I was given the breadcrumb by a herbalist in Velen to go see Gremist in Skellige to learn the Master level alchemy recipes. When I found Gremist he was arguing with another druid about taking an apprentice. This druid has a ! quest marker over his head but you can't engage in dialogue with him. I figured he'd just tell me to talk to Gremist anyway so I did that and completed Gremist's quest. The NPC still has the marker over his head as well as it showing up on the map, not game breaking but annoying.

Also I don't see any master alchemy recipes in my alchemy tab or for sale from Gremist after completing the quest, I'm not sure if this is another bug, intended behavior and he just unlocks my ability to craft recipes I will find later or part of the joke of the quest.

This is on PC btw

Last edited:
i think its a bug the shop is empty for me too but after load game few times its will auto fix that and you can buy tons of superior diagrams

Last edited:
I have the same problem on ps4 aswell, I just went straight to the gremist so now the "!" doesn't go away, I just bought all the diagrams off him, idk which diagrams you got

I have a bug on this quest too - I've finished it, but when it got to the end rather then complete - a few hours later Ive noticed i still have the quest!

Attachments

• w3bugAlchemy.JPG
    w3bugAlchemy.JPG
    172.7 KB · Views: 156
I have a bug on this quest too - I've finished it, but when it got to the end rather then complete - a few hours later Ive noticed i still have the quest!

This. I think the herbalist in Oxenfurt triggers the bug as you ask him if he knows any master alchemists.

Yes I can confirm this also. When you talk to the herbalist, no additional conversation is added after that new entry in your journal.

I can confirm that the other druid's exclamation mark stays on, I tried reloading and didn't even have a chance to talk to him BEFORE talking to Gremist.

Perhaps it's because I have read a notice on a notice board?

Top Bottom