Pre-register Thronebreaker for Android now!

+

The Witcher Tales: Thronebreaker on Android is releasing on June 17th!​

Pre-register on Google Play now to get notified via your device the moment the game goes live!​

The game will be available for FREE, giving players an opportunity to experience a few hours of the campaign: making story-defining decisions, meeting several key characters, and fighting their way through the war-torn continent. Then all players will be able to upgrade for a full version of Thronebreaker, unlocking all chapters of the campaign as well as tons of rewards to be used in GWENT: The Witcher Card Game.​

Pre-register here: Play Store

Find out more about it here: Thronebreaker

This is great to hear! Just one thing; will I have to pay for it again if I already own it on GOG? Would love to play on the go, but itd suck to have to pay for it again.

Yes, you will. As explained in this tweet, 'Every platform is independent so everyone who wants to play the full version will have to buy it.'
Sound like bs to me. Gwent mobile is synced to pc, so it clearly can be done. This looks like a decision that has been made from a mixture of laziness and greed. I am honestly dissapointed at CPDR for this as they know this wont be popular, but will make people re-buy the game.

Sound like bs to me. Gwent mobile is synced to pc, so it clearly can be done. This looks like a decision that has been made from a mixture of laziness and greed.
I wouldn't be too hasty on that call. CDPR generally tries to give their players options, if it's within their power. From past experience, however, whenever CDPR deals with third-party distributors, technical differences between their systems have made co-ordinating between platforms a persistent challenge, and sometimes an obstacle. This was one of the reasons Gwent is no longer available on consoles. I assume a similar reason applies in this case.

Sound like bs to me. Gwent mobile is synced to pc, so it clearly can be done. This looks like a decision that has been made from a mixture of laziness and greed. I am honestly dissapointed at CPDR for this as they know this wont be popular, but will make people re-buy the game.
Well, Gwent is free on both platform. Syncing happens on the server side. Thronebreaker is a paid game. Making it free would work as a key giveaway. And that, while possible, isn't a "must".

Well, Gwent is free on both platform. Syncing happens on the server side. Thronebreaker is a paid game. Making it free would work as a key giveaway. And that, while possible, isn't a "must".
Well kind of. He has already bought the game and Thronebreaker syncs with your gwent account so I dont think its a technical issue to sync your pc version with the mobile one. Sounds more like a platform distribution cost issue as mentioned on another comment. But it does feel like a knife in the back why people who already have the game have to pay for it again.

Well kind of. He has already bought the game and Thronebreaker syncs with your gwent account so I dont think its a technical issue to sync your pc version with the mobile one. Sounds more like a platform distribution cost issue as mentioned on another comment. But it does feel like a knife in the back why people who already have the game have to pay for it again.
Totally understand that. I am, for example, a big fan of GOG's "Connect" initiative. Got quite a few of my Steam games on GOG this way. But, as I said, it's strange to expect your every purchase apply to all platforms that you use. It would be the morally correct thing to do, perhaps, but I don't see this becoming widespread anytime soon. If they promised you an Android key with a GOG purchase and then tried to charge you for the game anyway - now that would be messed up.

Why are we surprised about having to pay for the game again if we already own it on another platform?
This isn't new at all.
If I own Game-X on PC, why the hell should I then be entitled to a free copy of it on PS2/3/4/5, Xbox, iOS, Android, Amiga, Atari and a BBC Micro???
It takes time to develop the game for those other platforms and it is absolutely justified that I have to buy the game again for each platform.
Currently, I enjoy playing Witcher 3 for the eleventeenth time on my PS4 - but somewhere along the way, I managed to get it on gog.com. It wasn't free because I owned it on PS4 - no, I had to buy it again. Just as it should be.

Is it possible to Play thronebreaker on mobile and unlock the gwent stuff on a GoG pc version? I mean like couppling the account to an existing GoG account

Is it possible to Play thronebreaker on mobile and unlock the gwent stuff on a GoG pc version? I mean like couppling the account to an existing GoG account
It should be yes. The way its linked if both on PC you launch Gwent through Thronebreaker so all your progress on contracts is linked. I suspect it will be similar for mobile. Maybe a small inconvinience of launching the game on your phone first to sync

Top Bottom