Pre-release Browser Game!

+
Pre-release Browser Game!

What ho, dear Cyberpunks and punkettes,

Wouldn't it be great with an amazing browser-based game leading up to the release of Cyberpunk 2077?

• It would provide us with something to do whilst waiting,
  • It would broaden our knowledge and engagement with the world of Cyberpunk,
  • It would connect players of the genre,
  • it would create lots of hype at a low cost,
  • And finally it would be super awesome!

As for game-mechanics, I haven't given it much thought. Perhaps it's about collaboration across the internet to unravel some secret to do with the game? Perhaps we need to look for clues and de-crypt hidden messages found online?

You catch my drift.

Yea or nay?

I think CDPR should focus on their main game. The forums are keeping me busy, and connect us fans.
I'm also getting the old Cyberpunk books to keep me busy and broaden my knowledge on the world of Cyberpunk, and the internet has lots more information on the world of Cyberpunk.
I am however not excluding a little brower based game, providing that it doesn't keep the devs from doing what is most important: working on Cyberpunk 2077, come to think of it, it would create some hype for the game, but I'm not sure it'll be enough to be worth it.

nah as Littature said let them focus on the main game, and no timepass business. I rather see more awesome trailers over hundred times which I did with TW2 :D

Thriding Addit and Litt, for they are wise, let the dev team focus on the game at hand.

After it comes out there are going to be plenty of people trying to cash in on it as it is... you will get your fill of Cyberpunk... I guarantee it.

Remember how many fantasy movies were coming out before LOTR, remember how many since?

While I see where you guys are coming from, this isn't something that 'takes focus from the main game'. These developers have hundreds of employees, dozens of whom work only at different stages of the project, and then have their work load reduced or shifted elsewhere. This is something one or two web designers and game designers could do on their own.

More hype and more advertising means more money for CDPR and more games for you.

A browser game would be nice, but it'd be better made by another company or fans. We should let CDPR focus on the main game, as they must be dedicated. :)

A browser game would be nice, but it'd be better made by another company or fans. We should let CDPR focus on the main game, as they must be dedicated. :)

^This. CDPR does not have "hundreds" of employees sitting around with nothing to do. Nor does any other developer, at least none that expects to be profitable. Well-run developers run lean and mean and staff according to the schedule of products already in the pipeline.

What would advocates of a browser game give up in order to get a browser game early? I wouldn't give up anything for it.

It depends on who their market is.

Would it give the correct impression of the final game? If the game mechanics are significantly different to the real game, they may be creating the wrong kind of hype - putting off people who might like the real game, attracting attention from those who wouldn't.

Obviously there would have to be a close collaboration between designers of the browser-game and the full game. Both probably headed by the same person.

Again, a browser-based game would take no time at all for these guys to create. It would bring back lots more than it costs.

Also, it'd have to carry the same themes and 'feel' as the main game. Something to do with hacking (puzzles and clues), implants, and so on. Perhaps a clue to the rise of the Cyberpunk society of the future, or what came before it. Something to tease us and inspire our imaginations! :)

I'd love to use my mobile phone to scan clues, or something.

CDPR could crate a web platform for PnP based games or sth similar and then latter embed it into the Cyberpunk 77 in on of the NightCity pubs as side entertainment:)

I would be fine with a browser based game under the right circumstances:

1 - CCP gives its developers 20% of their paid working time for 'personal projects'. I would like to see this come from such a personal project if CDPR have a similar arrangement.

2 - I would like to see the browser game timeline run from 1990 up to about 2007(ish) or some other date close to it. I would also be fine with it tailing off around 2024.

A browser game could be a useful tool to provide background and atmosphere for the upcoming release.

I would be fine with a browser based game under the right circumstances:

1 - CCP gives its developers 20% of their paid working time for 'personal projects'. I would like to see this come from such a personal project if CDPR have a similar arrangement.

2 - I would like to see the browser game timeline run from 1990 up to about 2007(ish) or some other date close to it. I would also be fine with it tailing off around 2024.

A browser game could be a useful tool to provide background and atmosphere for the upcoming release.

You into necromancy today, Chris?

You guys figure CPGM refers to Cyberpunk GM? Or Cybernetic Genetic Modification? Cyberpunk Guy's Man? I should start a poll.

As long as the dev team can focus on the main game, I'd be perfectly content if they outsourced a browser-based game.

I think it'd be neat if it were completely text-based. Setting actions into motion and getting confirmations on targets / jobs completed, all via messages.

Also, strong thread-necro skeelz.

Top Bottom