Predicted witcher 3 system specs? Can I run it .

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
A user way back linked an article where a CDPR developer said Witcher 3 runs Uber Sampling by default, but it's more efficient this time around. I can't find it right now, maybe you'll have more luck?
I don't really mean the same visual effect, i meant some visual option that will cut your fps double as ubersampling did. And they better work a lot on ubersampling this time, lol.

1000W Plat.

Well that's more than enough. Have you checked GPU utilisation with a monitoring program while running Witcher 2 to make sure both are being used? The CPU will hold them back somewhat, but not that much. Have you checked your PSU voltages?

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm running 344.16. I think that's the latest, I just updated today.

Hmm, I remember there was some issue somebody ran into where the game wasn't using the second card at all in an Xfire/ SLI config.
Have you tried turning on some monitoring tools like the ones in MSI Afterburner and checking if the second card is being put on load at all?

I don't really mean the same visual effect, i meant some visual option that will cut your fps double as ubersampling did. And they better work a lot on ubersampling this time, lol.

Oh no, I can't imagine Uber Sampling will cut Witcher 3s fps in half like it did for Wither 2.

Well that's more than enough. Have you checked GPU utilisation with a monitoring program while running Witcher 2 to make sure both are being used? The CPU will hold them back somewhat, but not that much. Have you checked your PSU voltages?

Again, not a chance that CPU is holding him back. It's the newest Devil's Canyon.
One thing I'd check however is what frequency it's running at. The game seems to benefit a lot from higher frequencies, @High King overclock that baby to 4.5Ghz easily if you're not running stock cooling. They're great overclockers from what I hear.
(Even if you're running on stock cooling, overclock it to 4.5Ghz for a couple minutes max to see if it improves it, just for a couple minutes so that way you're not getting to danger zone temps)

Hmm, I remember there was some issue somebody ran into where the game wasn't using the second card at all in an Xfire/ SLI config.
Have you tried turning on some monitoring tools like the ones in MSI Afterburner and checking if the second card is being put on load at all?

I'm using GPU-Z and according to it, the 2nd card has a highest load of 93% but an average of 24%, while the 1st card has a highest of 97% and an average of 44%. This is after I've run around the place for about 20 seconds.

I'm using GPU-Z and according to it, the 2nd card has a highest load of 93% but an average of 24%, while the 1st card has a highest of 97% and an average of 44%. This is after I've run around the place for about 20 seconds.

What's the CPU load? And what frequency do you have it running at?

What's the CPU load? And what frequency do you have it running at?

How do I check that?

Also, I just encountered something odd: I used the Render Test on GPU-Z, and it says that my 2nd card is running at PCI-Express 8x 1.1 instead of the 3.0 that is supported.

How do I check that?

Also, I just encountered something odd: I used the Render Test on GPU-Z, and it says that my 2nd card is running at PCI-Express 8x 1.1 instead of the 3.0 that is supported.

Download CPU-Z and then run a CPU stress program. But if you don't know what frequency it's running at already, that means it's running at stock.
That does sound weird. What's your motherboard? Could be that your second slot only supports PCI-e x4 instead of the full x16 speed.
Your GPU usage numbers also seemed weird that you posted earlier.
It could be chipset drivers that need updating, motherboard bios update etc.

How do I check that?

What motherboard......it may need a bios update.....for the newer cards.....just sayin...

Download CPU-Z and then run a CPU stress program. But if you don't know what frequency it's running at already, that means it's running at stock.
That does sound weird. What's your motherboard? Could be that your second slot only supports PCI-e x4 instead of the full x16 speed.
Your GPU usage numbers also seemed weird that you posted earlier.
It could be chipset drivers that need updating, motherboard bios update etc.

My 2nd and 3rd slots are PCI-E x8, at least according to the MOBO specs.

Hey, I'm planning to buy a new pc and I want it to be able to deal with W3. So, what do you think, on what settings could W3 run on a pc with i7 4770, 8GB RAM and Gigabyte's GTX 970 G1 Gaming?

which PCIe slots do you have populated?

1st and 2nd.

1st and 2nd.

See if there's any chipset, motherboard, etc drivers for your system.
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=20775&lang=eng&ProdId=816
Just download that SetupChipset.exe file.

And download Malwarebytes and run a full scan just to be sure the system isn't being stressed by some virus. (I do hope you use a decent AV in the first place.) But download it and give it a scan as it can get some viruses other AV's can't.
Another thing to check would be if your computer is in "power saving mode" or something like that, you'd usually want to set it to max performance for the components to not get throttled.
It's honestly very hard to pinpoint what issue it could be.

Usually the fail safe method would be to just reset BIOS settings to complete default and re-install Windows.
But this should only be used as a last resort.

1st and 2nd.

also, swap your cards spots and see what happens, i know this may seem stupid but you do have the sli bridge installed right? if so swap to a new sli bridge....have seen bad ones cause issues before.....also, swap sli bridge from mount to mount....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom