Predicted witcher 3 system specs? Can I run it .

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Afaik, SSD in Open World games does reduce pop ups. So it should be worth it. But in most other games it just reduces loading times. But that is worth it too, imo. I got a 120GB one.

I thought about getting Samsung 250 GB 840 EVO Basic (reading speed 540 MB/s, write speed 520 MB/s).
You should also look into Crucial MX100 256GB. I have one as a boot drive. Where I live it's around 30€ cheaper than 840 evo..

I'm probably going to spend the next week(s) deciding whether I should wait for the 800 series or give in and get a 780ti for dat wolf fur, or get a 290x...

Yeah when I will decide to upgrade, I will go for GTX 860 too. But that's not gonna happen soon as Im still very happy with my GTX 760 as I can max out pretty much everything. Also seeing how developers said that gtx 660 should run W3 at decent settings (console quality) I expect to run it between high-ultra with sync, aa and motion blur turned off / lowered down. Can't wait for the game.

Last edited:
Anyone know a good overclocking guide for 4790k + Asus Z97-A/AR (or similar mainstream Asus motherboards. Afaik, they all have the same BIOS.)?

Yeah, I'd love to wait for the GTX 880, but my SLI rig just lost a card, and performance is terrible. Has there been any official confirmation that Nvidia are announcing the card next month, they seem unusually quiet of late? They might be scared that AMD are going to pull another 295x2 out of their hat.

Last edited:
Yeah, I'd love to wait for the GTX 880, but my SLI rig just lost a card, and performance is terrible. Has there been any official confirmation that Nvidia are announcing the card next month, they seem unusually quiet of late? They might be scared that AMD are going to pull another 295x2 out of their hat.

There was no announcement. Neither the (scare quotes) "Q4 2014" nor the (scare quotes) "March 2015" date has any foundation in reality.

The (apparently well-founded) reports that there are "engineering samples" in the field does not mean a release or the announcement of a release is imminent.

The report that nVidia announced a March 2015 date at Gamescom 2014 was a lie. Nothing of the kind was actually stated. Somebody should lose his press pass for that.

There was no announcement. Neither the (scare quotes) "Q4 2014" nor the (scare quotes) "March 2015" date has any foundation in reality.

The (apparently well-founded) reports that there are "engineering samples" in the field does not mean a release or the announcement of a release is imminent.

The report that nVidia announced a March 2015 date at Gamescom 2014 was a lie. Nothing of the kind was actually stated. Somebody should lose his press pass for that.

Hmm...So it might be a long time. It would be great if AMD were to release the 295 XTX, that wouldn't be long making Nvidia get their act together. Would you recommend just going with the GTX 780 Ti?

Hmm...So it might be a long time. It would be great if AMD were to release the 295 XTX, that wouldn't be long making Nvidia get their act together. Would you recommend just going with the GTX 780 Ti?

780 or 780Ti, I'd try to get a 6GB version, but if you're patching up an SLI setup, you need a card that matches.

nVidia's core market isn't computer gaming, so I'm not sure they take much notice of what AMD does in gaming cards. If AMD started making noise in high-end professional graphics, nVidia would have to make a countermove.

6GB is overkill, way too much. If you want a 4GB card you shoulg go with AMD or wait till next year for the 800 series.

No 4GB cards in the 780 line. The choice is 3GB vs. 6GB. But it doesn't matter, nor is AMD in the frame, if what you're doing is replacing one card of an SLI pair.

"Wait until next year" is not really useful advice to a poster who has already said he is shopping because a card failed.

Yeah, I think we need to quit with the "wait until next year/wait untill 800 series" answers. Its bad advice when we have NO TIME-FRAME at all for when Nvidia is going to do anything.

Unless you already have a card you can use, waiting is not really a good option.

Both the 780 and the 780ti are fantastic cards, and there is no doubt that either of them will run this game very nicely. Same for the equivalent AMD cards.

Honestly, if not for me running at 1440p I would not be worried about my ability to run the game on ultra at all. As things are though, I will most likely have to turn a few settings down unless I get that second 780ti. But for most people at or below 1080, you ought to be fine.

780 or 780Ti, I'd try to get a 6GB version, but if you're patching up an SLI setup, you need a card that matches.

nVidia's core market isn't computer gaming, so I'm not sure they take much notice of what AMD does in gaming cards. If AMD started making noise in high-end professional graphics, nVidia would have to make a countermove.

Thanks, Yeah I know they have to match, unfortunately the GTX 580s can't be bought anymore, so I'm looking for a card that outperforms a 580x2 SLI, then I'll SLI that card next year if needed. I had planned on just waiting it out for the 880, but my card couldn't be bothered holding out for another few months, typical.

Maybe so, but the GTX 880 is long overdue, it's nearly a year since the 780 Ti hit the shelves.

Last edited:
Any assumtion prior to new driver releases after the game is available won't bring much.. But if you ask me I'm not expecting for a "Crysis-like" game. Of course it will need a top GPU to run smoothly at 1920x1080 with everything on. But maybe those with decent rigs (good i5/i7's even if Sandy or little older) and 770 or even 760 (and AMD counterparts) will be able to run it smoothly at high/ultra without excessive filters and switching off negligible options. I bet 8gb RAM would be advisable.

I personally have i5 2500 (not K, my biggest fault EVER but anyways), 4 gb ram and a 560ti... I think I would struggle a bit to be smooth over hypotetical medium (or little more) preset. But the problem will not raise because I will violently force myself to WAIT (even the thought makes me feel bad) until I make a new rig with skylake top-end i5, a gtx 970 and ddr4 ram (which will be completely useless btw :D ) I already started saving a while ago.The plan is to play the game how it's meant to be and hopefully in a future enhanced edition, the open world thing is surely leading to some inevitable fixes

I've been saving up money for almost a year now to build a PC that can handle The Witcher 3 @ 1080p. I ended up getting an Nvidia GTX 780 and an Intel Core i5 4690k; I hope that'll be enough to play it smoothly.

Last edited:
I've been saving up money for almost a year now to build a PC that can handle The Witcher 3 @ 1080p. I ended up getting an Nvidia GTX 780 and an Intel Core i5 4690k; I hope that'll be enough to play it smoothly.
@ 1080p, easily.

Yeah I agree with eskimoe, the 780 will handle this game awesomely at 1080p.

I wasn't really worried about running the game at 1440p until Guy N'wah made that post about frame time when comparing resolutions, I jut hope the game is not super difficult to max out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom