Predicted witcher 3 system specs? Can I run it .

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
@eskimoe
I'll be building a new rig towards the end of the year, and will also switch to a 1440p panel, most likely a 27 inch IPS one. While the new ASUS ROG SWIFT PG278Q looks very nice, with G-Sync, 1ms response time, and 144Hz, it's still a TN panel, and very expensive to boot. I will also need a ridiculously beastly rig to reap the benefits of that 144Hz capability in games, and I don't really play competitive FPS so the rapid response time isn't a huge selling point.

As for the sound, I recently got a fiio olympus usb amp along with a sennheiser hd 558 headphone, and both are brilliant. I'll be sticking with that. I'll also keep using my logitech g9x and filco cherry browns as they haven't let me down yet.

Yeah. I understand why competitive gamers want ultra fast TN panels but since I'm not one, I just want the most accurate, true to life colors and the best overall picture quality. And good viewing angles. IPS & PLS panels provide that.

Linus seems to dig that Asus:

Last edited:
@eskimoe
I'll be building a new rig towards the end of the year, and will also switch to a 1440p panel, most likely a 27 inch IPS one. While the new ASUS ROG SWIFT PG278Q looks very nice, with G-Sync, 1ms response time, and 144Hz, it's still a TN panel, and very expensive to boot. I will also need a ridiculously beastly rig to reap the benefits of that 144Hz capability in games, and I don't really play competitive FPS so the rapid response time isn't a huge selling point.

As for the sound, I recently got a fiio olympus usb amp along with a sennheiser hd 558 headphone, and both are brilliant. I'll be sticking with that. I'll also keep using my logitech g9x and filco cherry browns as they haven't let me down yet.

Lol cheers I also rock sennheiser 558 And logitech g9:hatsoff:
I also thought about getting a new monitor but as you said input times can be neglected for non fps... and since I dont play fps anymore I decided to go with a big 48 inch samsung tv screen as monitor! :D...

Last edited:
@eskimoe
Yeah the review was one of the reasons I was considering it. To be fair to TN panels, they can be adjusted to produce decent colours, but they still don't come close to IPS in that aspect. And as you said the much wider viewing angle really helps out when watching movies. Have you heard of any 27+inch IPS 1440p monitors coming out in the near future? The current crop looks good, but I'm willing to wait until TW3 comes out before getting the screen.
@Medy89
Nice! The sound on the 558 is superb considering the price. And the G9x is probably my favourite mouse I've ever used. Plus I've still got some replacement skates so it can go for another 2~3 years. 42 inches huh? I've never tried PC gaming on a screen that big. I usually prefer to sit down pretty close. I suppose it's great for games you can play with a controller, but does it feel a little weird playing genres like RPGs with a keyboard and mouse? I assume you have to sit quite a distance away for the resolution to become acceptable to the eye (I'm assuming it's 1080p).

Have you heard of any 27+inch IPS 1440p monitors coming out in the near future? The current crop looks good, but I'm willing to wait until TW3 comes out before getting the screen.
I really haven't. I'm probably not willing to wait until next year though since I fiercely hate my ancient TN panel HP monitor. Want to get it replaced asap. Also that Asus is on sale right now so I'm really tempted to buy it atm. Might try to get it next month if it's still available with the discounted price.

In other news, it seems Nvidia will skip the 800 branding and go straight to 900.

http://videocardz.com/51426/nvidia-...ies-geforce-gtx-980-and-gtx-970-mid-september

Nice! The sound on the 558 is superb considering the price. And the G9x is probably my favourite mouse I've ever used. Plus I've still got some replacement skates so it can go for another 2~3 years. 42 inches huh? I've never tried PC gaming on a screen that big. I usually prefer to sit down pretty close. I suppose it's great for games you can play with a controller, but does it feel a little weird playing genres like RPGs with a keyboard and mouse? I assume you have to sit quite a distance away for the resolution to become acceptable to the eye (I'm assuming it's 1080p).

Both the 558 and G9 are very awesome ... The 558 are an improvement to the 555 I had before ( more robust and a slighty more bass & richer sound which I like .... a charm to wear ....I dont not even notice they are on my head... no comparison to headsets IMO .. never found one that felt so comfy :D ... )
I could stick with the g9 for the rest of my life :D ... its an awesome mouse which never causes any discomfort and does an awesome job

As for the big screen ... Its all a matter of how much space is between you and the screen ... Since I wanted a bigger screen to watch movies / series / youtube , I had to go with it... If you can sit 2 to 3 meters apart , it works well (Full HD ) ... I dont use a controller ... My setup is a desk with mouse and keyboard where a 48 inch tv is sitting in front of it... it works as good as with a smaller screen which you could place on your desk... you just need to find the right distance you feel comfortable to sit and adjust your room to it ( the size of the tv comes down to how much space you have in your room ) ... the resolution is not that much of the problem .. you just cant sit too close since that would make you loose the view of the whole picture ... which would cause you to move your head around ... if you sit far enough for that to NOT happen its a blast.... and creates a great cinema experience ...

this setup Its not smth you chose when you are into competitive gaming on a high lvl ... since most tv screen cause a delay in response time( 10to30ms or more ping/delay) ... . this can be a drawback ... for me it isnt one .. I dont play fps on tournament lvls ... I play rpgs / stategy games .. you can still play fps no problem and wont notice anything... its not like you press a button and smth happens a second later on your screen .. no ..... the difference is so small you wont notice ... since its just milliseconds ... but yea its just smth to consider for a gamer... and i dont want to give bad advice^^

so yes gaming on a big tv screen is awesome :D .... its not wierd at all ... in fact if you get used to it .. its wierd to play on a small screen :D

be warned once you go big , you cant go back :D

Last edited:
I have a 55" Samsung LED TV that I mostly use for (among other things) console games and PC games that are best played with a controller but for gaming with m&kb I still prefer a smaller, high resolution screen that sits right in front of me.

It's nice to have both though. That's why I'm going with the 1440p IPS/PLS.

Last edited:

Yeah, talk is cheap. Any speculation about high-range models beyond the GK110 (780/Titan) is just repeating rumors somebody else who didn't know anything either started. nVidia's supposed to make an announcement in a week or so. Until then, all talk is cheap.

"...the possession of true thoughts means everywhere the possession of invaluable instruments of action." [William James] And by this calculus, rumors without foundation must be reckoned false, not information at all, and their being much repeated changes nothing.

But they may be right about a 780Ti not delivering all the eye candy, and an SLI setup being the ultimate.

Last edited:
what do you guys think? I just purchased this pre-built computer as my first gaming rig and I'm still a bit clueless. How well do you guys think I might run this game? Here's all of the specs of the rig:

This offer comes with:

CM STORM Quickfire Rapid Keyboard w/ Cherry MX Blue switches

Logitech Optical Gaming Mouse

Dell 23' 1080p LCD monitor

specs: Cooler Master Thor v2 case

EVGA GTX 670 FTW Edition

Samsung 840 Pro 128gb SSD(w/ Operating System)

WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD 7200rpm

FX 8320 Processor 8 core 3.5GHz (overclocks like a champ)

GIGABYTE GA-78LMT-S2 AM3+ Motherboard

G. Skill Ripjaw 8gb DDR3 RAM

Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO CPU heatsink

ASUS Xonar DG soundcard

Rosewill Wireless Internet Adapter

Cooler Master GX 650W Power Supply

ASUS DVD reader/burner

Have you heard of any 27+inch IPS 1440p monitors coming out in the near future? The current crop looks good, but I'm willing to wait until TW3 comes out before getting the screen.
Actually just noticed that Samsung has released new 27" and 32" 1440p PLS panels that are priced very nicely:

http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/samsung-launches-sd850-new-27-and-32-inch-monitors.html

I found the 27" for 450€ and the 32" for around 580€ so it's not so bad. Really tempted to get the 32". The pixel pitch in it is actually better than in my current 25" 1080p monitor.

EDIT: It seems the 32" isn't actually PLS. It's LED VA. Hopefully someone reviews both of them.

EDIT 2:

This seems like the better option after all..

Last edited:
what do you guys think? I just purchased this pre-built computer as my first gaming rig and I'm still a bit clueless. How well do you guys think I might run this game? Here's all of the specs of the rig:

This offer comes with:

CM STORM Quickfire Rapid Keyboard w/ Cherry MX Blue switches

Logitech Optical Gaming Mouse

Dell 23' 1080p LCD monitor

specs: Cooler Master Thor v2 case

EVGA GTX 670 FTW Edition

Samsung 840 Pro 128gb SSD(w/ Operating System)

WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD 7200rpm

FX 8320 Processor 8 core 3.5GHz (overclocks like a champ)

GIGABYTE GA-78LMT-S2 AM3+ Motherboard

G. Skill Ripjaw 8gb DDR3 RAM

Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO CPU heatsink

ASUS Xonar DG soundcard

Rosewill Wireless Internet Adapter

Cooler Master GX 650W Power Supply

ASUS DVD reader/burner

Except for the cheap antique motherboard and nasty power supply, I like it. What I don't like is the shill who sold you that under the pretense that it was a state of the art system with any significant overclocking ability.

The motherboard is a bad choice for 125W Phenoms and a bad choice for overclocking. Its power circuits are well known to be of poor quality, and it is a good thing the board has thermal shutdown. I would not be at all surprised to see it shut down repeatedly with that CPU.

Any chance you can get a substitution on that power supply? The 650 watts on the label is a work of speculative fiction, and Seventeam's (lack of) quality puts the whole system at risk.

That may be the case. I just really really really prefer to be quoted fairly and accurately - 99% of people on the internet do no that.

And that's why the internet is broken when it comes to discussion. Mods should know that.

I'm sorry; in what did I misquote you? I only took issue with the content of the article and the claim that the article is "info" at all.

Last edited:
@eskimoe
Thanks. That BenQ looks great, though 32" might be a little too large for my desk.
Looked some more reviews on it and it seems fantastic:

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/benq-bl3200pt-qhd-monitor,3898.html

Great color accuracy, contrast and viewing angles and only 4ms response time which is quite nice for gaming. Costs around 600€ which isn't bad either (It's a freaking 32" QHD monitor!)

It wasn't you, it was eskimoe.

But fine, it's not "speculative info" it's "speculative post on the internet"..... there.
To be honest, it's just a bullshit article no matter how you look at it. Kind of like those first "reviews" that emerge when a big game is nearing its launch and nobody has ever heard about them.

They're just made to generate clicks to the website.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom