Predicted witcher 3 system specs? Can I run it .

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Same here, my birthday is on the 28th of Januari, so not a bad date for me.
my birthday is 22th February :D

they are doing this in my honour u.u i'm sure of it now u.u it's most than a simply sign u.u

i'm only waiting the final system requirements recommended now :(

my birthday is 22th February :D

they are doing this in my honour u.u i'm sure of it now u.u it's most than a simply sign u.u

i'm only waiting the final system requirements recommended now :(

I would suggest waiting for as long as possible before buying anything, even when knowing the system requirements. That way you get the best deals and parts.

I would suggest waiting for as long as possible before buying anything, even when knowing the system requirements. That way you get the best deals and parts.

i agree :D the more i'll wait, the less i'll spend :D

Last edited:
Now that Witcher 3 is delayed should I wait for the GEFORCE 800 series or just go straight up to the 700?

There's still no telling what the game will really require. And with the delay, it will probably be longer before trustworthy statements about system requirements can be made. If you can wait, waiting is the prudent thing to do. If you must have a new GPU now because you need it for other things, AMD 7870/R9 270 and up, and nVidia 760 and up are the best that you can buy now.

Moore's Law is God's gift to consumers.

Last edited:
Now that we know it's almost a year until the game's realese i wonder if i could play the game in very high or at least high settings with my gtx770 & i5 4670k.

Now that Witcher 3 is delayed should I wait for the GEFORCE 800 series or just go straight up to the 700?

Well, that's hard to say. If you are making a PC rig just for TW3 then the best advice is to wait as long as possible (maybe a week or so before the release) and then choose depending on the performance/price ratio. GTX 800 series will probably be better then the 700 series, but by the February 2015 gtx 700 series will probably be a lot cheaper than gtx 800 series.

I'll wait for the recommended system requirements and then i'll try to surpass them in order to max everything out =D
My current PC (6years old) had troubles running the witcher 2, especially against the draug^^

Now that we know it's almost a year until the game's realese i wonder if i could play the game in very high or at least high settings with my gtx770 & i5 4670k.
yeah sure, i think you can achive it... the witcher 2(2011) were requiring (in the recommended system specs) a quad core cpu and a 4 years old (until that time)VGA (Radeon HD 4680 a 2008-09's GPU)

I'm considering upgrading my graphics card to try and run W3 on as close to highest settings as possible but I'm not sure how much value I'll be getting if I do that.

I'm currently sitting on a Core i7 940 2.93 Ghz (purchased 2009) and a gtx 570. Upgrading to a new cpu means a new motherboard and probably new RAM-- a full rebuild essentially. So if possible I'd like to squeeze a few more years out of my cpu and just upgrade my card, but will I get the full benefit of a 770 or something with such an old cpu? Does anyone have any insight? Thanks!

edit: clarity

I'm considering upgrading my graphics card to try and run W3 on as close to highest settings as possible but I'm not sure how much value I'll be getting if I do that.

I'm currently sitting on a Core i7 940 2.93 Ghz (purchased 2009) and a gtx 570. Upgrading to a new cpu means a new motherboard and probably new RAM-- a full rebuild essentially. So if possible I'd like to squeeze a few more years out of my cpu and just upgrade my card, but will I get the full benefit of a 770 or something with such an old cpu? Does anyone have any insight? Thanks!

edit: clarity

In TW2, CPU performance doesn't much matter (though it is easier to get a steady frame rate with a quad core, even an old Core 2 Quad).

I'm guessing CPU performance will be more important in TW3 than it has been, but we just don't know how much, yet. A Nehalem Core i7 is far from obsolete, and you're right, the upgrade path from it is a total replacement. So you want to make it work if you possibly can.

You'd get an improvement of somewhere between nothing and 50% in CPU performance by upgrading to an Ivy Bridge or Haswell Core i7. This would not be a big enough difference that a stronger graphics card would suffer due to CPU performance.

I'd stick to a graphics card upgrade and only go for a CPU upgrade if it became apparent that the graphics card upgrade was not enough by itself.

In TW2, CPU performance doesn't much matter (though it is easier to get a steady frame rate with a quad core, even an old Core 2 Quad).

I'm guessing CPU performance will be more important in TW3 than it has been, but we just don't know how much, yet. A Nehalem Core i7 is far from obsolete, and you're right, the upgrade path from it is a total replacement. So you want to make it work if you possibly can.

You'd get an improvement of somewhere between nothing and 50% in CPU performance by upgrading to an Ivy Bridge or Haswell Core i7. This would not be a big enough difference that a stronger graphics card would suffer due to CPU performance.

I'd stick to a graphics card upgrade and only go for a CPU upgrade if it became apparent that the graphics card upgrade was not enough by itself.

Great. Thanks for your help.

man witcher 2 on me is like way way low settings, i hope witcher 3 can still run on my computer even if its way low low i'll be happy already, i just want to be able to play the game....

i use an MSI gaming laptop
GT780 core i5-2410M CPU @ 2.30GHz 2.30GHz
8gb ram
nvdia geforce GTX 560M 1.50gb

:) well the witcher 3 going to be released next year, now i can wait for maxwell !!

Last edited:
I get roughly 70 framerate in the most demanding scenes in witcher 2 with everything maxed other than ubersampling, so I THINK I should be ok for witcher 3. Only thing I'm worried about is the physx though since I'm using amd card.

As with borderlands 2 I get insane framerate but if I turn physx up to high or medium setting my framerate goes into the 30's and under.

Last edited:
I get roughly 70 framerate in the most demanding scenes in witcher 2 with everything maxed other than ubersampling, so I THINK I should be ok for witcher 3. Only thing I'm worried about is the physx though since I'm using amd card.

As with borderlands 2 I get insane framerate but if I turn physx up to high or medium setting my framerate goes into the 30's and under.

what's your PC Config ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom