Predicted witcher 3 system specs? Can I run it .

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
The game won't launch before seven months or so, until then there will be new graphic cards and as said before, what marketing call "next gen games" like watch dogs already need high end hardware to run. If you don't need to upgrade now, those who have a small computer should save up money in order to buy new hardware only for the witcher 3. I've got a gtx 680 which ran all games ultra at 1080p but watch dogs don't, and I'm gonna put money aside so I could buy a new gpu for the witcher.

Isn't that card stronger than GTX 760? That's the card I have and I run Watch dogs on ultra 1080p 30-40 FPS.

I said F it.
ill either get the Inno3D 780 HerculeZ or the 290 Tri-X Vapor-X OC.
I doubt that they will announce GPUs at E3, but Ill wait till after E3 before ordering.

I know we do not have enough information to go on presently other than Witcher 3 looks gorgeous and will more than likely be pretty damn demanding. What I've been pondering recently is just how PhysX heavy the title is going to be. I know from the looks of it and how they specifically plan on implementing nvidia hairworks into the game it's going to be very ambitious.

I'm curious to see other peoples opinions on what they think about adding a dedicated PhysX card as an alternative option if your not able to go SLI or afford a much stronger single GPU?

Here are my specs for reference - EVGA GTX 770 SC 2 GB, i5 4670k, Asrock Z87 extreme4, 8 GB ram @ 1600mhz and 600w psu. I am well aware of upgrading the psu for either SLI or a dedicated PhysX card. If I am able to afford another 770, I would prefer to go that route....then again, this watch_dogs situation has me a tad alarmed. with the 3+ GB vram requirements. ( although this is more an issue above 1080p ultra textures & TXAA but still :/ )

1.) I'd appreciate some input from anyone with experience running a dedicated card in any of the PhysX heavy games up until this point . Additional advice,information on the performance differences,improvements Et cetera.

2.) In theory, compared to previous performance increases when adding a dedicated physX card, do you think it would be a suitable "cheaper" alternative for those who cannot go SLI/Crossfire/Single powerful GPU?

Thanks in advance. :cheers:

Last edited:
I'm not making predictions, but I'll be in a position to find out whether the game benefits from a dedicated PhysX card pretty early on. I have a mean old GTX 285 that's gathering dust, it won't do DX 11, but it could serve in dedicated PhysX.

Guest 2812644

I too have a GTX 285 that is currently my main video card. My plan is to build an entire system from the ground up so the idea of making use of this card is very interesting. Also has there been any discussion about the optimal monitor requirements?

There hasn't been any discussion of monitor requirements. I would guess that very high-resolution (above 1920x1080 or 1920x1200) monitors and multiple monitor setups will need a LOT of GPU to drive them at decent frame rates.

This is what will happen if you try running Witcher 3 with your current PCs...

Anyways need to upgrade my GPU for sure for this... Wondering if i7 3770 3.4GHz is enough or needs an upgrade as well...

Wondering if i7 3770 3.4GHz is enough or needs an upgrade as well...

Not too much more CPU you can throw at it. A Haswell Core i7 would be only a fractional improvement. I am guessing CPU performance will be mostly of importance to AMD GPU users who use CPU PhysX.

I was already planning to upgrade early next year but after that trainer it might be best to save up a bit more.
You can not tell me that achieving that image quality with 60 fps will be an easy task to pull of.

What you guys think? This setup ran TW2 surprisingly well, about ~23 FPS highest settings ubersampling off. I am hoping that TW3 will take advantage of my CPU a little more though, to make up for the somewhat mediocre GTX 460 SE.

Windows 7 64-Bit
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz
12GB RAM
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 SE 1GB
Hard drive: WDC WD15EADS-00P8B0 ATA Device

It depends a lot on the flexibility of the engine. But I doubt that you will have a good experience with a system that is noticably worse than the next-gen consoles. Your PC should at least have comparable specs to them and you will be good to go.

What you guys think? This setup ran TW2 surprisingly well, about ~23 FPS highest settings ubersampling off. I am hoping that TW3 will take advantage of my CPU a little more though, to make up for the somewhat mediocre GTX 460 SE.

Windows 7 64-Bit
12GB RAM

ME thinks it is time to upgrade the entire system. CPU may be a bottle neck to any GPU upgrades......Start saving and wait till recommended specs are released and make a decision then. just maybe you can get by with a gpu upgrade

Windows 7 64-Bit
12GB RAM

Might keep the CPU and replace the GPU and hard disk. The 460 SE was one of the weakest of the Fermis. And the WD Green is about as slow as modern disks get.

I'd wait for more information before going for an intense upgrade like a CPU and motherboard (there's nothing above that CPU for LGA 1366); you'd be out $450 to $500 for no gain if the game is not CPU-bound.

Might keep the CPU and replace the GPU and hard disk. The 460 SE was one of the weakest of the Fermis. And the WD Green is about as slow as modern disks get.

I'd wait for more information before going for an intense upgrade like a CPU and motherboard (there's nothing above that CPU for LGA 1366); you'd be out $450 to $500 for no gain if the game is not CPU-bound.

A next-gen-only game will most likely be CPU-bound in some aspects. Having eight cores ore 4 cores with hyperthreading will likely be the basic requirement soon.

But yeah, the GPU is certainly the weakest element in this system so it should be replaced first.

Man is it time for 8 cores and Maxwell. If one would have a look at those Dead Rising 3 requirements then it is easy to see a trend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom