Predicted witcher 3 system specs? Can I run it .

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Im hoping they optimise the game to utilise Crossfire well, I really dont want to upgrade from my x2 7970ghz editions.
Witcher 2 doesnt work with Crossfire, thats the reason for the concern.

What do you mean it doesn't work with crossfire? Last time I had 7970s it worked really well with both 2 and 3 way crossfire configurations

i think a good answer to this post is :

http://www.game-debate.com/games/index.php?g_id=3443&game=The Witcher III

i think this is a minimum you could wait or more of this they say on a previous preview that 's the demo we see like e3 ect is a pc with a geforce 780 ti if you have same or better i think it will run pretty nicely under it and it will be lesser than it ( and optimization for the config isn't finish so i think config that are on the link are mostly right ) perhaps the dd space will be higher i think we need 30 -40 go perhaps 50 like titan fall we will see

That site has zero basis for what they're saying, as the requirements haven't been said yet.
And, from a quick glance, they've definitely made the whole thing up. Please do NOT make any purchase decisions based on their claims.

That site has zero basis for what they're saying, as the requirements haven't been said yet.
And, from a quick glance, they've definitely made the whole thing up. Please do NOT make any purchase decisions based on their claims.

it just a link after people should wait until you say it

Last edited:
i think a good answer to this post is :

http://www.game-debate.com/games/index.php?g_id=3443&game=The Witcher III

i think this is a minimum you could wait or more of this they say on a previous preview that 's the demo we see like e3 ect is a pc with a geforce 780 ti if you have same or better i think it will run pretty nicely under it and it will be lesser than it ( and optimization for the config isn't finish so i think config that are on the link are mostly right ) perhaps the dd space will be higher i think we need 30 -40 go perhaps 50 like titan fall we will see

It is no answer at all, because the author is clearly so ignorant about the game's requirements that he has made numerous recommendations for hardware that will not run the game at all.

Talk that you will, or that others should, buy certain equipment on the foundation of rumors and FUD is cheap and damaging. Please do not spread unfounded rumors that way, and please do not advise anybody to buy equipment for TW3 unless you are putting up the money for them to buy it.

Last edited:
It is no answer at all, because the author is clearly so ignorant about the game's requirements that he has made numerous recommendations for hardware that will not run the game at all.

Talk that you will, or that others should, buy certain equipment on the foundation of rumors and FUD is cheap and damaging. Please do not spread unfounded rumors that way, and please do not advise anybody to buy equipment for TW3 unless you are putting up the money for them to buy it.

Yes , but i just link a link i don 't say buy that it will be enough , one friend of mine want a config to play it i will say to wait cd project red to announce the requirement but i think a pc of latest part will be a good setting but we will see and yes the better answer is the first one to that you announce the requirement

Last edited:
Talk is cheap when it is not your money. Telling anybody to spend 1400 to 2000 euro on a PC now when the game's requirements are almost entirely unknown is irresponsible. Citing a transparently ignorant article as a foundation for that advice shows no understanding of computer requirements.

Please do not make recommendations without foundation.

Last edited:
Talk is cheap when it is not your money. Telling anybody to spend 1400 to 2000 euro on a PC now when the game's requirements are almost entirely unknown is irresponsible. Citing a transparently ignorant article as a foundation for that advice shows no understanding of computer requirements.

i want to say that pc gamer and i play on pc since 1990 want to have the finest pc and don't wait for requirement since they have it . now a day most of people ( i speak of gamer ) who don't have the money to upgrade their config play on console ( now xbox one and ps4 ) pc is expensive i know of it .

i want to say that pc gamer and i play on pc since 1990 want to have the finest pc and don't wait for requirement since they have it . now a day most of people ( i speak of gamer ) who don't have the money to upgrade they config play on console ( now xbox one and ps4 ) pc is expensive i know of it .

Stop making a pretense of it being expensive. PC elitism is not welcome on this forum. Unfounded advice is not welcome on this forum. Please do not make me make that advice in my capacity as a moderator.

Stop making a pretense of it being expensive. PC elitism is not welcome on this forum. Unfounded advice is not welcome on this forum. Please do not make me make that advice in my capacity as a moderator.

i will stop and say i m not a pc elitist i play on every platform ( ps2 mega drive snes ps1 , ect )but since i work i play on pc . i don't enter in the debate console better than pc ect it's isn't going anywhere but guy N'wah if you find me a pc who could run witcher 3 with a price of a ps4 or Xbox one i will clap ( and i know a pc isn't only to play etc ) thank for reading me and sorry to have link a bad link excuse me . have a nice week end

Last edited:
We'll know a lot more when we hear from evaluators who have had direct contact with the game. Until then, there are only guesses, and recommendations based on guesses must be qualified or not made at all.

My belief is that you cannot build a game-capable PC at all for the price of a console, but that the total cost for a system that will make a satisfying minimum for the game is $600 to 800. Careful understanding of the game's actual resource requirements, not any extrapolation from any other game or any amount of experience (except to an extent experience with TW2), will be needed to make a well-founded recommendation. NOBODY IS IN ANY POSITION TO MAKE SUCH A RECOMMENDATION.

understand sir . so waiting for cd project red to say the recommendation and i will not say anything else on this post until you release the requirement and i already order the game ( ce edition) on amazon the day of the conference . this day my config is :

gefore gtx 780 ti
16 go corsair pc 21000
intel core 4770 K

I will wait until january to know what to have to run it on higt- ultra spec

Last edited:
Hmm... Opinions on how well this setup will run the game on Medium (because no one ever talks about Medium) at 1080P? (At 60, of course.) I'm not looking to max the game out, but a good looking 60 FPS would be nice.

i7-3770K @ 3.50 GHz
16 GB RAM (Actually not sure what kind it is.)
nVidia GeForce GTX 650 Ti 2GB

The GPU is the thing I'd say I need to upgrade the most. I'll likely see if I can upgrade to a 780, though... Ah, what was it you said further back @Guy N'wah (I wonder if that name highlighting thing worked. If not, how does one do that? Never mind, it worked.). You mentioned a GPU that was only fractionally worse but far cheaper. I think it was a 760?

Last edited:
Thats strange im monitoring both gpus and only gpu 2 is been utilised, im not sure if its an issue with the newer drivers.But crossfire is definitely enabled for other games.

how to take a screenshot on a pc

That's really weird, mine were working perfectly, unfortunately I can't test it now cause don't have them anymore. But still you can finds TW2 crossfire benchmarks which means it should work. What tool you are using to monitor GPU usage maybe its showing wrong usage.

The GPU is the thing I'd say I need to upgrade the most. I'll likely see if I can upgrade to a 780, though...
No point upgrading to a 700 series card when it's more than likely that Nvidia will release 800-series before TW3 comes out. Be patient. :)

Waiting for something that is not even announced yet is usually a bad idea. Then when the 800 series comes out its "wait for the 900 series." The next best thing is always around the corner, having the best can only last so long, unless you have enough disposable income to always buy the fastest gpus.

A 780 is a great card, the 800 series coming out does not change that, or make it weaker. So yeah, there definitely is a point in upgrading to a 780, especially if you play games other then the witcher, it will make your experience in every game that much better visually.

Waiting for something that is not even announced yet is usually a bad idea. Then when the 800 series comes out its "wait for the 900 series." The next best thing is always around the corner, having the best can only last so long, unless you have enough disposable income to always buy the fastest gpus.
First of all, if you're upgrading for TW3 why would you not wait until closer to release date for the "freshest" hardware? Especially since rumors seem to indicate that the 800 series will be released sometime Q4 2014/Q1 2015. And there aren't really that many demanding games coming until next spring so I don't see a reason why he should yet upgrade that 650ti. And are you really saying that upgrading from 600 series to a 700 series card (which is only one generation jump) is a better move than from 600 to 800 series?

And about that disposable income. Let's say that Nihiru spends his hard earned cash for a 780ti now only to realize that just a few months before the release of TW3, GTX 880ti comes out and outperforms that 780ti by a large margin, is cheaper and more efficient and now he can't buy one because he rushed to buy a GTX 780. And honestly if for some reason the 800 series is again pushed for future he can still buy a 780, and quite possibly for a lesser price.

When considering all the pros and cons of either buying a card now or buying a card 6-8 months from now I say that being patient is the far better option.

Last edited:
First of all, if you're upgrading for TW3 why would you not wait until closer to release date for the "freshest" hardware? Especially since rumors seem to indicate that the 800 series will be released sometime Q4 2014/Q1 2015. And there aren't really that many demanding games coming until next spring so I don't see a reason why he should yet upgrade that 650ti. And are you really saying that upgrading from 600 series to a 700 series card (which is only one generation jump) is a better move than from 600 to 800 series?

And about that disposable income. Let's say that Nihiru spends his hard earned cash for a 780ti now only to realize that just a few months before the release of TW3, GTX 880ti comes out and outperforms that 780ti by a large margin, is cheaper and more efficient and now he can't buy one because he rushed to buy a GTX 780. And honestly if for some reason the 800 series is again pushed for future he can still buy a 780, and quite possibly for a lesser price.

When considering all the pros and cons of either buying a card now or buying a card 6-8 months from now I say that being patient is the far better option.
I bolded and increased the font of the relevant part of your post. Rumors rumors rumors, always rumors. You have no idea what the specs or price of the top end 800 cards will be, and no idea when they will release.

Anyway, you completely missed the point of what I was saying about "disposable income" I said UNLESS you have enough disposable income to always buy the fastest newest cards.

Anyway, like I said upgrading his card now would get him better visuals now, at the end of the day its not my choice to make, but in his shoes I would go with the 780 now.

The waiting game is alright, if you have a confirmed date. If not, well, then you'll be waiting a long time and might fall victim to always waiting for the next best thing syndrome.

You failed to answer the most important question I asked you. If Nihiru is planning to upgrade his PC for TW3 why wouldn't he wait? I mean sure, you can go and buy a 780 now and it'll run current games better than his current card, but if TW3 is the main reason to upgrade your graphics card (which I'm sure it is for many people on this forum) why would you not just wait and see what the future holds? I mean you criticized me for not knowing the exact date they will release the 800 series but can you for certain say that it won't be before TW3 comes out? Heck, they might announce it tomorrow, or 2 hours from now for all we know. And again, that 650Ti is still a capable card to run games until next spring where the really demanding games like TW3 and Arkham Knight are coming out. What's the rush?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom