Predicted witcher 3 system specs? Can I run it .

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does somebody know the specs of a PC that Witcher 3 was running on during the E3 presentations? I know the first one was xbone but, it would be really nice to know it, you know, just to prepare our wallets...

Well they have said that to run TW3 at ultra settings, you need some serious hardware. My GPU budget for next spring is gonna be something like 600-700€ and I want the fastest possible single GPU card that you can have with that money.

Well they have said that to run TW3 at ultra settings, you need some serious hardware. My GPU budget for next spring is gonna be something like 600-700€ and I want the fastest possible single GPU card that you can have with that money.

With that kind of money you can currently get the very fastest 780 Ti that is on the market, so I would not worry about making ultra gpu wise.

I have an off kind question. I planning to buy a new GPU, my choice is the: Gigabyte nVidia GTX760 OC VGA (PCIe 3.0, 4 GB GDDR5, 256 bit) and I have a 600 or 650W Cooler Master power supply. My question is that the power supply can handle this GPU or I need better one?
Thank you.

I have an off kind question. I planning to buy a new GPU, my choice is the: Gigabyte nVidia GTX760 OC VGA (PCIe 3.0, 4 GB GDDR5, 256 bit) and I have a 600 or 650W Cooler Master power supply. My question is that the power supply can handle this GPU or I need better one?
Thank you.

It should most likely handle it, but since this isn't directed towards TW3 specifically I think this should belong in general discussion. Good luck in getting your gpu ^^

Well, we can make statements with at least a little foundation about the GPU, since we know CDPR threw some big nVidia iron at the demo, and we know the console GPU architecture and capabilities. I'm not sure we can do the same for the CPU at all. It would be nice to know something about the threaded load and memory load that the game throws at the CPU, before concluding that, say, an FX-6100 is adequate or not. Nobody who has said anything, knows anything; nobody who knows anything, has said anything.

Thank you.

If it's one of the good recent Cooler Masters made by Seasonic or Enhance, you're fine with it. If it's one of the ones made by Acbel, Seventeam, or FSP, that 600W label is a work of bad fiction; you can't tell how many watts that power supply will put out before it goes out of regulation or kills itself. You need to post the exact model of power supply for someone who knows power supplies to determine.

Putting an expensive new GPU on a crappy old power supply is penny-wise and pound-foolish. But you may have gotten one of the good Cooler Masters, in which case you're fine. The power supply market is so chaotic it's hard to say, without knowing just what you have and how many years it has been in service.

Last edited:
Say one question to anyone who has experience in this area. Overclocking, I was going to buy a K series i5 to dabble in this mystical art but I guess I'm having newbie jitters (google and it's horror stories) and thinking of changing my part list to a regular 4690 i5. Is overclocking worth it if all you want to do with your rig is play games for the next few years? It seems to be an enthusiast hobby and I could save some money getting the locked core as well, and don't risk blowing everything up with the voltage.

Say one question to anyone who has experience in this area. Overclocking, I was going to buy a K series i5 to dabble in this mystical art but I guess I'm having newbie jitters (google and it's horror stories) and thinking of changing my part list to a regular 4690 i5. Is overclocking worth it if all you want to do with your rig is play games for the next few years? It seems to be an enthusiast hobby and I could save some money getting the locked core as well, and don't risk blowing everything up with the voltage.

Depends. To me, overclocking is more a way to get more out of inexpensive or outdated components than to put expensive hardware at risk. I'll shamelessly overclock old Core 2 Quads and Phenom IIs. I'm getting one of the new overclock-friendly Haswells, but it's a cheap 2-core Pentium G3258 that's going in an application that needs maximum single-threaded performance, where it will save me hundreds over an overkill Core i7.

You can get one of the new Haswells (their overclocking ability has been improved tremendously) and a Z97-chipset motherboard, then not overclock it until you find you need to push the CPU faster. When you do overclock, do not go beyond your comfort zone. Increase clock frequency in small steps, increase voltage only as you need to, and test for stability and thermal performance at every step.

Depends. To me, overclocking is more a way to get more out of inexpensive or outdated components than to put expensive hardware at risk. I'll shamelessly overclock old Core 2 Quads and Phenom IIs. I'm getting one of the new overclock-friendly Haswells, but it's a cheap 2-core Pentium G3258 that's going in an application that needs maximum single-threaded performance, where it will save me hundreds over an overkill Core i7.

You can get one of the new Haswells (their overclocking ability has been improved tremendously) and a Z97-chipset motherboard, then not overclock it until you find you need to push the CPU faster. When you do overclock, do not go beyond your comfort zone. Increase clock frequency in small steps, increase voltage only as you need to, and test for stability and thermal performance at every step.

Yes the new Devils Canyon i5 is what I am looking at. They say the Z97 motherboards will be Broadwell compatible as well so it isn't a dead end. That's a very good idea though in waiting until I need to overclock it, then I have much less risk. Thanks very much.

Does somebody know the specs of a PC that Witcher 3 was running on during the E3 presentations? I know the first one was xbone but, it would be really nice to know it, you know, just to prepare our wallets...
Well you can easily find the specs of Xbox1/PS4 and pretty much Imagine what PC you need to smoothly run the game like in E3 demo on High specs (since consoles will run the game on high, PCs can run it on Ultra)

I bet 8 Gb and a GTX 760 ti 2Gb will be enough on low resolutions (under 1400). Higher resolutions (1900 up) will probably need more ram and a better vga

I bet 8 Gb and a GTX 760 ti 2Gb will be enough on low resolutions (under 1400). Higher resolutions (1900 up) will probably need more ram and a better vga
Those specs will be enough to play it on High settings at 1080p a.k.a. to make it look like E3 demo. For example Xbox one specs are lower than those that you stated above (it's "gpu" is not close to 760 ti). Im personally have a 16:10 monitor (I know it sucks) 1680x1050 is it's native resolution and my specs are same as yours. I pretty sure I will be able to run it and make it look good/better than what we saw from Xbox One demo.

@DexiZzz - no you will need 3x way SLI TITAN and 50gb of RAMS. Thant should be "enough".

Last edited:
Those specs will be enough to play it on High settings at 1080p a.k.a. to make it look like E3 demo. For example Xbox one specs are lower than those that you stated above (it's "gpu" is not close to 760 ti). Im personally have a 16:10 monitor (I know it sucks) 1680x1050 is it's native resolution and my specs are same as yours. I pretty sure I will be able to run it and make it look good/better than what we saw from Xbox One demo.

@DexiZzz - no you will need 3x way SLI TITAN and 50gb of RAMS. Thant should be "enough".

I was talking about the screen resolution. My written english is a bit rusted lol. Mine is 1360x768. Until Screen Resolutions of 1680x1050 and lower, our specs would be enough to run the game on the E3 demo quality. The problem is if you want a bigger resolution (1900 and bigger). Them ,I think you'll need a better gpu and, maybe, more ram. But, until the system requirements are relesead, it's just guessing.
Speaking of TITAN and stuff, a Brazilian overclocker built a 4 x way GTX 780 ti, 64 Gb ram, a Core I74960X and 2x 480Gb SSD. He spent ant least R$30.000,00 (US$ 15.000,00). This system will surely run The Witcher 3 on Ultra lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom