Predicted witcher 3 system specs? Can I run it .

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahh yes thanks, I saw that slide earlier but must have forgotten the Hairworks thing. I hope that "planned" stage see implementation before TW3 is out as that will indicate good hairworks performance on PC AMD GPUs too.
I doubt it'll be out for consoles before TW3(even if it is, it will need time to implement) but HairWorks uses DirectCompute and not CUDA so it should be fine for AMD cards.

I doubt it'll be out for consoles before TW3(even if it is, it will need time to implement) but HairWorks uses DirectCompute and not CUDA so it should be fine for AMD cards.

Yes I know but like TressFX was quite hard on Nvidia initially until they fixed it through driver, I wonder if that will be the case with Hairworks too ?

Still out of my bit too much curiosity I downloaded Nvidia Hairworks Demo, it contains the same dog/monster hair animation as shown in Hairworks video. While the tech demo has no relation with TW3 it show surprising results, on my R9 290 it gives 45 - 55 fps but setting the hair density to 0 (means no hairs at all) just give a 5 - 6 fps boost so either the animation itself is very heavy or Hairworks doesn't affect performance much supporting your point.

Hello.
I don't have high hopes in being able to play the game on my current laptop but still, fingers crossed.
So this is what i have:
Processor: Intel Core i5-4200U 1.6GHz
GPU: AMD Radeon HD 8870M (2 Gb)
RAM: 8GB ( i think ddr5? )
Keep in mind it's a laptop so...
Please don't ruin my hopes and dreams?
I probably won't buy anything new in the next 6-12 months since I have only bought my current laptop in ~April this year, and I don't have the money/space atm for a desktop.

Hello.
I don't have high hopes in being able to play the game on my current laptop but still, fingers crossed.
So this is what i have:
Processor: Intel Core i5-4200U 1.6GHz
GPU: AMD Radeon HD 8870M (2 Gb)
RAM: 8GB ( i think ddr5? )
Keep in mind it's a laptop so...
Please don't ruin my hopes and dreams?
I probably won't buy anything new in the next 6-12 months since I have only bought my current laptop in ~April this year, and I don't have the money/space atm for a desktop.

Yes you will be able to run the game but you'll have to remain between low - medium settings, high or above will be too taxing for both CPU and GPU. In my humble opinion you should get a good gaming desktop after some time for the best experience.

And your 8GB ram is DDR3, DDR5 is only on graphic cards (more commonly known as GDDR5) which is present on your 8870M.

on saturday I will build a new rig.
i7 5930K with 16GB of DDR4 @ 2800MHz
2xGTX980 ( 2x4GB )

I hope that this PC will maxout this game at 1400P.

The PC is very powerful but will the VRAM be enough for max textures? Who knows.

Last edited:
2xGTX980 ( 2x4GB )

With that thing you can probably run several instances of the game maxed out. That is quite overkill... I'm jealous!

2xGTX980 ( 2x4GB )

The PC is very powerful but will the VRAM be enough for max textures? Who knows.

a game that needs more than 4gb of vram at 1080p/1440p is a horrible console port

Last edited:
With that thing you can probably run several instances of the game maxed out. That is quite overkill... I'm jealous!

CPU i54690; GPU GeForce GTX 760 2GB OC; RAM 8GB DDR3

I run TW2 on this maxed out with everything enabled except v-sync and ubersampling, FPS is kinda all over the place but it usually hangs above 60.
Now I remember something about CDPR testing TW3 on ultra on 770 with still plenty of optimizing to do, so expect to run it atleast on high. Don't let me down CDPR:mean:

@eskimoe not enough dakka.

Yes you will be able to run the game but you'll have to remain between low - medium settings, high or above will be too taxing for both CPU and GPU. In my humble opinion you should get a good gaming desktop after some time for the best experience.

And your 8GB ram is DDR3, DDR5 is only on graphic cards (more commonly known as GDDR5) which is present on your 8870M.

Thank you kind sir ! You've just made my day !

I don't mind playing it on low, I play games for the story not the bling ( the fancy retina melting effects are just a nice bonus for me if available ). I enjoy re-playing games like gothic 1-2 from time to time, games that have come out around 2001-2002, so the graphics and effects are sooooo "sweet".

Just made the decision to buy TW3 CE as my Christmas present with this new info :D(my other option was a external hard drive, which I don't NEED atm but would be nice to have )

CPU i54690; GPU GeForce GTX 760 2GB OC; RAM 8GB DDR3

I run TW2 on this maxed out with everything enabled except v-sync and ubersampling, FPS is kinda all over the place but it usually hangs above 60.
Now I remember something about CDPR testing TW3 on ultra on 770 with still plenty of optimizing to do, so expect to run it atleast on high. Don't let me down CDPR:mean:

@eskimoe not enough dakka.

"at least on high" seems maybe a little optimistic. But it could be. Let's hope they make a good work :)

I honestly can't see why a single 970 or even a 770 wouldn't be able to play it at ultra settings. Didn't they say that the 780 ti could run maxed at 45 fps current build? That was the current E3 build I believe. With all the optimization they are doing I don't think it will be as hard as we all think to run. I mean they are aiming for high settings for consoles right? So yeah PC parts better than the ps4 should easily play above high settings.

We don't know anything about what goes into Ultra settings or how efficient these will be. If Ultra includes anything closely resembling Ubersampling, it will still tax the high end of available hardware. If it includes a lot of expensive GameWorks features, it will also tax anything you can throw at it.

Optimization does not mean cutting the game down to fit intermediate hardware or consoles. That's not optimization, that's dumbing down. Optimization means writing it to run at maximum performance and take advantage of all the resources available to it on the highest available hardware.

Predictions that the game will play at Ultra on intermediate hardware are not realistic from what we know of the history and the intentions of the developers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom