Premium Cards in Arena, your thoughts?

+

• Total voters

Hello everyone. I looked and didn't see a premium card topic yet although we slightly mentioned it in the reveal post. I'm sorry mods if I missed it, remove if you like.

anyway I was curious your thoughts on premium cards in Arena. I think it kind of a waste to have premiums be random as no one will pick a premium because it's premium, you'll pick cards to win. Especially true since paying to play. I posted a couple other options as I'd like to see this changed. We have so many animated cards that don't see play that many great arts feel wasted just sitting in card builder.

my thinking is either make all cards premium and that way newer player can see what cards look like premium and maybe they will buy powder..or make premiums match what is in our collection. Personally I'd like this option so i can enjoy all the cards I've been collection and will make me want to compete the whole set premium. The current random model I feel is a waste as it doesn't add any benefit to arena. Curious your thoughts.

"I think premiums cards should match the ones in our collection" is actually quite an interesting suggestion, which I hadn't thought of. Second best option is to make all cards premium. Having premium cards randomly makes the least amount of sense.

I like having random premiums, it feels more like playing with other cards then playing with your own. Maybe they could increase the likelihood, though.

I like the thought about being able to see and to reward the rarely used premiums.
A 4th option I see and which rather matches the current system is that, if one card in your choice of 3 is premium, all of them are.
The way it is with rarity in the 5th card pick in kegs.

I like the idea of the arena premiums mirroring your own collected premiums.

but I'm biased, I mill everything not shiny to make stuff shiny.

I think that I like it being random, but instead of only one of the 4 choices being premium, they should all be. That way, you aren't going to feel bad for picking the premium when you could've picked a better card, or for picking the better card when you could've picked the premium.
I don't like the idea of it mirroring your collection too much, but from the choices you gave, it's the one I like the most.

Unless we're going to be able to potentially keep 1 or more cards from Area mode I have trouble understand why there is a random premium mechanic in there

If you'll have access to all cards in Gwent, no matter what you have in your Collection, to have them all Premium is the logical move.

I turned on arena today after a week break and to my surprise all my cards that are premium in my collection are now premium in arena. Thank you guys for doing this. I now am inspired to compete my collection of premiums, it's so nice to see so many premium cards in play especially ones I don't see to often. When did this change happen?

Mancoon1980;n10693561 said:
When did this change happen?

Been that way since Arena came out, I'm pretty sure. I definitely had premium options that matched my collection in my first-ever draft.

Top Bottom