Preparing food?

+
Preparing food?

Can you cook meat and other dishes like in Gothic or do you have to eat it raw as you find it (ugh)?

I don't think so, but it would be cool if you could, and then its effect lasted longer.

After playing some more I'm convinced there is no way to cook meat nor to have an NPC do it for you. A shame really. Would be nice to have some interaction with the fires and ovens other than just flipping them on/off.

Nothing fancy, just use the crafting UI to transform raw meat into cooked meat, which would double the buff duration or something. Perhaps someone could work on a "chef" mod with additional dishes :p

Yes I agree a cooking craft would fit right in as this game is an RPG I don't like the idea of eating raw meat especially raw liver bleh.
Cooked food giving better buff duration as you say would be good and if your cooking skills are bad perhaps food poisoning instead ha.

It'd be nice to have, but it also makes an equal amount of sense thematically to not have it. Witchers are immune to disease, so Geralt doesn't really have a need for cooking other than improving the taste.

After being given "Baked Potatoes" by 'Gran' for getting her frying pan back, i seriously thought cooking was going to become an option............. obviously not then!

It'd be nice to have, but it also makes an equal amount of sense thematically to not have it. Witchers are immune to disease, so Geralt doesn't really have a need for cooking other than improving the taste.
They don't call him white wolf because he feasts on carcasses. Taste would be a major factor for a refined gentleman like Geralt.

They don't call him white wolf because he feasts on carcasses. Taste would be a major factor for a refined gentleman like Geralt.

"Refined"? You played through the Vizima Palace sequence, right? I got the sense Geralt was holding back from attacking the chamberlain several times :p

I do think it'd be a nice feature, but I can understand the decision not to include it. Geralt's no stranger to living rough; eating a piece of raw meat is far from the worst thing he's ever had to do to survive. I would like to see a mod that adds a cooking system at some point though.

"Refined"? You played through the Vizima Palace sequence, right? I got the sense Geralt was holding back from attacking the chamberlain several times :p

I do think it'd be a nice feature, but I can understand the decision not to include it. Geralt's no stranger to living rough; eating a piece of raw meat is far from the worst thing he's ever had to do to survive. I would like to see a mod that adds a cooking system at some point though.
Nah, I'm still in White Orchard, where Geralt tells a peasant something to the effect of "proving to the Nilfgaardians that we are not the barbarians they take us for" - lead with example imo and cook your meat! :D

Top Bottom