Preparing for Ansel in The Witcher 3

+
Preparing for Ansel in The Witcher 3

So I am counting hours now. This tool seems amazing and I heard it will be available the 15 august. Thing is I know nothing about it. How does it works? Will The Witcher be updated? Or only Nvidia drivers? How to make it work? In game options ? Keybinding from nvidia panel? How far can we goo with it? Can we pause a cut scene ? Is it only really out the 15? OMG so many question and so much impatience. Do you wait for it to?

Last edited:
It does not look like there will be a patch released for The Witcher 3 tomorrow, it will most likely be around the time of the GOTY edition, according to @Marcin Momot. So, unless the Ansel support is already in the game and only needs to be "unlocked" with a driver update, or there will be a so far unannounced TW3 patch tomorrow, I think the 15th August date is going to get delayed.

is ansel only for screenshots in 360, vr, and adding filters or does it affect the game itself too?

The main point of ANSEL is to create high resolution screenshots! That's the biggest difference to a "Free cam mod" that can be seen in this example: (While Screen from recorded in the free cam mod will only create a screen on your Gameresolution)
Also to make 360° screenshots, that you can view in VR.

!Warning Huge Size for mobile users!: http://gigapixelgaming.com/media/gigapixel/AnselWitcher3.html (Just zoom in and you'll understand)

I don't know what you really mean by affecting the game. I think another "small" thing is that the game pauses whenever you start the Ansel tool, which was not possible in (most) Free cam mods :)

Last edited:
Today is not over yet and Marcin is probably not at work today (15th of August it's a holiday in Poland).

Yes, There is holiday in Poland, but 15th August was mentioned on CDPR Facebook page and Nvidia Geforce Facebook page two weeks ago. I read yesterday on the Nvidia forum that it will be released today - post from nvidia support.

Top Bottom