Presets, templates and savefiles

+
Presets, templates and savefiles

Hello all!

I was wondering if there was some sort of 'resource database' out there with presets for things like vegetation, object templates for the gardener tool for different parts of maps, half finished communities you could put in your own world, imported custom meshes or different world environments one could try out. Is there such a thing already or could something like this be put on nexusmods perhaps? I believe this would speed progress up both for me and for people that are new to the redkit so they dont need to look to look through file structures to create prop sets for the gardener tool for example!

Thanks in advance

@Blafflamm
Hey Blafflamm,
I don't know about any databases but it would be nice to have some. I agree that it would really speed up level building. Maybe it would be possible to extract some of the original area environments or finished communities and then name and describe them. It would also be great to have some world presets in size with many textures loaded into the terrain tool, which otherwise takes much time. I know that importing custom (or witcher 3) meshes into the red takes time.
I also know that many things would be nice and great..... but….
I don't see the possibility a few persons creating all this. It would be great if people would be sharing at least their unfinished stuff. I think many have tried the Red Kit, but became frustrated. It would be nice to use the stuff others already built for their mods.
It is also a good idea to create more templates. Most interiors of the witcher 3 are built with alternation in decoration meshes. One possibility would be to import some of them or build templates.
A great example of shared world files are the Lykaon files by Bennzenzimmern, and the two other levels by Benzenzimmern. It has so much to offer in new textures gardener presets etc.
Maybe it would be possible to ask the some modders to upload also there world files eg the "A welcoming Host" mod? I personally learned much by looking into the Lykaon files.

I personally would like to offer a wyzima castle world. But is still unfinished, because some meshes are still not importable....

I think it is possible to upload stuff on the nexus mod site, because the unfinished worlds by Benzenzimmern are also available on the nexus site. But I am not sure about sharing files and the topic of uploading mods in general. Maybe someone should ask?

Last but not least I am sorry for not really answering your question and just commenting it
Best Regards
Nemo

Attachments

• wyzima_castle.JPG
    wyzima_castle.JPG
    158 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:
Is the vizima castle imported from witcher 1 or 3. Because if it is from the first game I would love to extract some files from it but it requires lots of programs that are currently unaviable because of broken links. So if you can export models from that game would you also export some creatures and other buildings?

@Antonsky07
Hello
the wyzima_castle is built by meshes imported from the witcher 3 ... I never worked with the Djini Editor, and it would be probably hard working with it.

Not important,
but Wyzima is the nicer spelling even if it’s not correct in English. In Polish and also German it is spelled this way, so please excuse me using this name.

So if you can export models from that game would you also export some creatures and other buildings?

To answer the first part of your question, it is possible to export creature meshes from the first part. You should take a look at the Lykaon data. there you will find a Nigthwraith, a Garkain and a Fleder(?), a Mamun and Grigs. I think no one tried to export building meshes from the witcher 1 and then imported them into the Red Kit, or until now nobody has made it public (in English maybe in Polish)

The problem is, I don't know how Benzenzimmern did this. He mentioned help by another modder named tekopar(?). But the monsters, which got exported by the witcher 1, are not really working in the Red Kit( or at least my version of them). I don't know what I have to do to get them working. The entity templates I found in Lykaon were kind of empty or with debug meshes. I played a little bit around but got in not working.
It is important to say, that I am no expert .
If you just want the creature meshes I would advise you to export some of them from the witcher 3, because the models and textures are much better than the textures and models from the first part. The monsters, which are not available in the witcher 3, are:Vodyanoi, Ifrit, Alp, Mutants, some higher Ghouls (or the old ghoul design in general),Bloedzuiger and maybe one or two more. Most of the other monsters are available in the witcher 3, so why export from the witcher 1?

So if you can export models from that game would you also export some creatures and other buildings?

To answer the second part, I won't export any stuff , which I not want or need, because it takes too much time, eg. you have to separate the different lods and then unite them with the tool of JLouisB again.... another problem I have is , that I have no specular maps for my meshes. They got not extracted by wcc lite...
Hope your question is answered.

Best Regards
Nemo

Last edited:
Thanks for reply. As I mentioned earlier there is a way to export those models described somewhere on dijini wikia but it is true hell and i don't understand half of it. And yes I want exactly those monsters that are not in Witcher 3 like devouers and old ghouls. But it seems that I would have to try do it myself because there is no one else that is interested in it. Finally the thing about spelling Wyzima is that I'm Polish and prefer that spelling but when I'm on english forum I automaticly use english version of that word but I think that everyone understands it no matter the language.

Last edited:
Hey guys,
this thread was about presets, templates and so on. Now or almost since one month there is the Kinship of Wolves raw data available on the nexus mod site.
I would recommend to take a look into it and maybe there is also something, which could be used as preset or template. I think I dont have to mention the gorgeus nightraves they made using parts of the bruxa template.
All in all I would also recommend to play this mod, because after plaing you can take a nice look behind the scenes and how they did it.

Something else; If we want to create a preset world, for working without having to do the steps discribed in the world creation tutorials, what sould be it's presets in size textures vegetation tool and stuff. Everything which pops into the mind.

@Stolarro94 You should delete some messages I could not send you a message!

Edit: Has anyone intrest in a preset world with 1500 size and 5 tiles and all vegetation in the vegetation tool and also on the map, with all available ground textures loaded and painted on a few tiles to see how they look + sky and basic world enviroment and path layer?
Nemo

Last edited:
Top Bottom