Press gently on your joystiq to move slowly forward. - Fix: Removed! Great..

+
Press gently on your joystiq to move slowly forward. - Fix: Removed! Great..

Press gently on your joystiq to move slowly forward.
Only work on horse now.

Did work on foot before patch version 1.06 or 1.07.

I have not completed the game and I tried to get back into the game.
But this just ruin it for me. Sorry!

I remember I was SO HAPPY when the game came out and I could move like in Assassin's Creed
by just moving the joystiq slowly.

It was the reason I bought one in the first place.

And then developers remove that, WHY!
******* blows my mind.
:mean:I and other fellow people reported on this for loooong time and why did you guys have to ruin it for us.

Last edited:
Moving your character in-game is a 24\7 thing you do.
When the way you move, you love it.
Then for no f* sane reason, they remove it.
It's hard not to get pissed everytime you play after they removed\changed it, like after 7 patches in.

Then I am forced to use latest patches to play what I paid for, the new expansion and DLC.

So I can't even make a choice and not accept this stupid change in patch 1.07 or 1.06, cus I have to patch....

*sigh* I just loved that I could gently push forward my joystiq on my Xbox One controller for PC.
And move Geralt very slow, and gently push more forward, he move bit faster, there was like a
fine adjusting way of movement that only games like Assassin's Creed had.

Which is so great. But why why why why did they remove it and never fix it back or at least give people the option.

Don't let them love a game for 6-7 patches and then CHANGE how they move...... it's game breaking for me as I loved it so much that it just feels stupid without it.

Like moving a robot. Walk.. walk fast.. run...
There is no slow walk, 1 slow step forward on a edge, there is none of that now anymore and aaaaaaah!

Last edited:
For the 10000000th time :)
There's been a mod for quite a while on the Witcher nexus that completely fixes this. Called FixForLeftStick I believe.
Restores the functionality to from before the changes. Works with 1.10 also.

come on guys, the removal of gradual speed control on the left analog stick has been talked about extensively, there was a thread over 40 pages long :)

come on guys, the removal of gradual speed control on the left analog stick has been talked about extensively, there was a thread over 40 pages long :)

The posts concerned have been moved over to the other thread. So yes, keep this one about the mod please.

Confused, need help again, problem not solved after all.

I play on PC with Xbox One Controller.

When Geralt is on horse, I push the left joystiq gently forward, he will move the horse gently slow forward.
When Geralt is on foot, I push the left joystiq gently forward, nothing will happen before the joystiq is pushed enough that he moves forward in one speed, too fast for me to do any role playing with him.

CDProject said it was their intention to do this to my gameplay after weeks of getting used to this amazing way of movement.

Now the community pointed me to a mod that would fix the problem.

Problem is, the mod doesn't do anything (not with the new expansion (or patch 1.10)

So I'm back at square one, not enjoying the game because of this..
Just waiting, not sure what to wait for.. mod doesn't work, never got to try it.

Stopped playing the game for now.
What now..

See, when the game came out, you could walk slowly by pushing the joystiq gently forward. This has been patched out, so there is no slow walking anymore (there is slow riding however), now you can either run (normal movement) or sprint (uses stamina, you have to press an additional button i think). in some buildings, geralt is automatically slowed down to walking speed.
you might just have to wait for a better mod, or a mod that works with the new patch.

in general, i would say calm down... roleplay happens in your mind. i had many great moments when i was riding slowly, for example. The game isn't really made for roleplaying, since you can't do a lot of things (sit down on benches, on the ground... really talk to random npcs and so on). Witcher 3 is a good ride, but not your own adventure. It is rather reading a good book instead of writing one by yourself. Just my two cents.

Jinal, I played for weeks since release, took a small pause.. came back and the movement was no longer how I enjoyed it for those 2 weeks straight.
So I try to get used to it, but I cannot.

So I stopped playing for months, just these two last weeks, tried getting back to it.
Didn't work for me.

Then there was hope with the mod, didn't work.

So back at, probably.. going to just.. not get to enjoy this game as I wanted to :( and I'll forget it for some months again, sad.
But after reading on the forum, I can see I was not alone in falling in love with how this game originally was, in the movement that is.

Jep, it is gone, and it will not come back as far as i know. Only hope is for a mod.

I really hope you find a way to enjoy the game again.

Slow-walk gone.
Slow-riding-horse not gone.
It's so bizarre. Really is.

I played for 15 minutes last night, but when I got into my "role play mode", as I always do in these games... I couldn't handle how they removed slow-walk after getting to love that and become part of how I play, how I engage enemy, how I patrol, explore...

I just can't stop feeling like Geralt is a robot in the way he move now.
So that's it for me.

I hope there will be a fix (doubt it), since it's gone this long already.

And honestly, I am ashamed to say this but I don't want to buy CD Project next game.. when I know they can after 2 weeks, not sleeping much, straight forward enjoying this game - that they can turn around with a swift and just ruin something as important as movement, feel of the game - also after patch 1.06.. which hit me pretty hard!

I've not mention this either, but only reason I bought Xbox One Controller was for this slow-walk, this fluid movement for this game.. what a waste of money. I can't play on keyboard because I don't like how characters move without the joystiq.

Damn, I had it.. I had the best RPG that I could enjoy.
Did not get to finish it before they screwed it up.

Just big thanks and if CDProject expects mod to fix what they broke, they are no better than any other big money corporation.

Last edited:
well, you could try to play without the patch 1.07 or 1.06 or what it was... should be possible, but you might encounter some old bugs and don't have access to the storage box, the additional quickslots and whatnot. but if this is what is most important for you, fresh install and patch up to 1.03 or 1.05 or so.

also notice that the slow-walk-gone decision was a decision and not a bug. people had problems with moving geralt when slow-walking and then stopping. caused problems, let people die in fights or fall of heights, felt strange and confusing to many, so they removed it for better - not for everyone ofc.

Last edited:
I downloaded my GOG version of the game, is the only one I have.
It comes as 1.07.
Anways, I will not be able to enjoy this expansion or future expansion without latest patch.
So there is no solution here.

ofc there is....check the internet for someone who uploads the may 19th version, and the patches , ask a friend who has the retail version (cd-installation), download patches 1.01- 1.05 and you are done. you bought the game, no piracy involved. good for you CDPR is against DRM.
at least you could play the main game.

Slow-walk gone.
Slow-riding-horse not gone.
It's so bizarre. Really is.

I played for 15 minutes last night, but when I got into my "role play mode", as I always do in these games... I couldn't handle how they removed slow-walk after getting to love that and become part of how I play, how I engage enemy, how I patrol, explore...

I just can't stop feeling like Geralt is a robot in the way he move now.
So that's it for me.

I hope there will be a fix (doubt it), since it's gone this long already.

And honestly, I am ashamed to say this but I don't want to buy CD Project next game.. when I know they can after 2 weeks, not sleeping much, straight forward enjoying this game - that they can turn around with a swift and just ruin something as important as movement, feel of the game - also after patch 1.06.. which hit me pretty hard!

I've not mention this either, but only reason I bought Xbox One Controller was for this slow-walk, this fluid movement for this game.. what a waste of money. I can't play on keyboard because I don't like how characters move without the joystiq.

Damn, I had it.. I had the best RPG that I could enjoy.
Did not get to finish it before they screwed it up.

Just big thanks and if CDProject expects mod to fix what they broke, they are no better than any other big money corporation.

Really bro? You not gonna buy a CDPR-game because of slow-walk?

So there is no solution here.

Yes, there is. Since you are have the GOG (PC) version you only need to install this mod

It would of course be preferred if this game still offered this feature officially (especially for console players) but for you there definitely is a solution to the problem.

Top Bottom