Prestige 1 to Prestige 10 - How Long

+

DRK3

Forum veteran
So, i've finally reached Prestige 10, and came here to share some of my data that might be helpful for levelling up time estimates.

I have been playing since the beginning of closed beta, but there was a major reset on levels during Gwent HC, around two years ago.
So, i started Gwent HC on Prestige 1 and took me 1660 hours to reach Prestige 10.
But there are a few factors that i should disclaim too, that might influence that value:

-There are many bonus xp that exist now that didnt exist back then. Also, the XP system itself might have changed and im not sure if Journey brought changes too.
-I dont leave the game idle, but i do spend more time than the average player on deckbuilding, reward trees and checking contracts.
-I play mostly unranked, then seasonal, then ranked, then Arena.
-My winrate is not that great, as i avoid metadecks like the they're the plague, and forfeit often vs netdeckers and ropers.

So yeah, hope that helps, if i forgot to disclaim some important thing feel free to remind me.
Also, collection wise, im 9 cards away (6 epics and 3 legendaries) from having a full collection in both standard and premium form, so Prestige 10 perk probably isnt very helpful at this point (except when expansions hit :ohstopit:)

I would expect a new player starting at 0 to take between 1-2 years playing almost every day and taking advantage of all extra exp opportunities. Realistically most casual players will never get there.

Lexor

Forum veteran
I've started my play with Gwent with HC and I've reached prestige 10 this month (= after 20 months).

I must say that my grind in the current journey during previous month (with fast seasonal mode) to build up journey levels helped by A LOT here as it added another motivation (reach 175 level in journey AND reach prestige 10 faster). As I already have prestige 10 I will skip each next journey if they will have such grind as the current one.

I've started my play with Gwent with HC and I've reached prestige 10 this month.

I must say that my grind in the current journey during previous month (with fast seasonal mode) to build up journey levels helped by A LOT here as it added another motivation (reach 175 level in journey AND reach prestige 10 faster). As I already have prestige 10 I will skip each next journey if they will have such grind as the current one.

How much do you play per day? Are you a casual gamer who plays a couple day’s a week on average or someone who plays every day?

I have started playing in april in this year (i think) and i am prestige 5 - level 38.

As i can see, after reach prestige 5 its took so long time to go to climb to others prestige.

I was making 1 prestige per month, and in this month i am not even close to it

Lexor

Forum veteran
@wonderboy870: I do not have detailed data, but I play Gwent every day. When it was possible I played mostly for 6/6 won rounds daily, sometimes it was 18/18 (near the end of season). I'm trying to reach r0 every month, then I play mostly seasonal/casual modes.

DRK3

Forum veteran
Thanks for the feedback.

I do see some users here post their progress, but by saying how far they've levelled up in x months/years. I see this type of information very often, but i dont think the format is very helpful, because some players play 2 hours per week, others play 30/40.

By expressing the playtime, estimates on progression can be more accurate for other players, since it probably wont vary too much from player to player, considering even losses give XP.

I know in GOG and Steam we have the playtime on Gwent, do mobile users also have this data?

There is no magic behind it.
Here is a link for the experience points and below you can find the exp table. Round the numbers down and you got the correct experiene points which are needed.

https://www.reddit.com/r/gwent/comments/bezyr4
Since some months the only boost is once in the week the Gwent's day with +25% exp.

I make about 550 exp per hour, including deck building etc.

Top Bottom