Prestige levels not working/bugged?

+
So in the video about player progession there was a segment where we were told that now the level cap is 60, and after that you get sent back to level one, and will receive a permanent account buff. On prestige level one, it is "guaranteed rare in first 4 cards". Now my problem is, it doesnt seem to work. I just got sent back to level 1, and my banner seemed to change accordingly as seen in the video at 11:16 minute mark (
) but i opened a bunch of kegs and it just doesnt give me the buff. For like 4 out of 5 kegs my first 4 cards were all common.
So is this a bug or the rewards of the system were changed? Now that i think of it, as i go through the menus, i see no information related to this system, so i have no idea where a player should learn of this, other than watching that video on the gwent youtube channel.

It seems right now half the game is not working or bugged.

For instance, I didn't get an achievement (and a reward point) for spending 100 ore.

I opened 20 kegs, and my progression on kegs opening achievement is 5, not 20.

I guess we all just have to wait for some fixes.

You have to claim your rewards before you get the effect, so that might be a factor.

I did so but the premium kegs I had been awarded did not get the +rare effect, but the "base set" ones did. go figure

You have to claim your rewards before you get the effect, so that might be a factor.

I did so but the premium kegs I had been awarded did not get the +rare effect, but the "base set" ones did. go figure
but how do i claim it? maybe i missed it because at the end of the match where i leveled up i was talking to someone through that bloody gog-ui chat and it bugged the game out and i had to quit and reopen gwent. When I logged back i just saw that im level 1 and the banner changed.

but how do i claim it? maybe i missed it because at the end of the match where i leveled up i was talking to someone through that bloody gog-ui chat and it bugged the game out and i had to quit and reopen gwent. When I logged back i just saw that im level 1 and the banner changed.

You can claim the rewards by visiting your profile page (click on your avatar in the start menu), clicking on the contracts tab and then on the unclaimed button.

I got different problem, i claimed prestige 1 (still in game it shows 0), i opened some regular kegs and it seems it works i had at least 1 rare every time. But when opening premium kegs it don't work.
Also i opened just now 1 faction keg and i received all 4 cards white.
So prestige did not work on premium/faction kegs right?

Also did not received rare card in premium kegs.. Not sure it should worlk like this..

You got the same as me that when opening standard kegs you get 1 blue card and always only 1 blue card and 3 white with the first 4 cards?

Also why prestige 1 don't work when you open faction kegs? (i had 4 white cards there)
And premium kegs as well you don't get blue card guarantee, tho you get always gold as 5th card

All this seems strange or bugged

There seems to be some confusion as the video posted above is marked at 11:14, which is the explanation of the prestige level 10 reward to get a guaranteed premium in the first 4 cards from a keg. I don't think anybody is prestige level 10 yet.

This thread is about the prestige level 1 reward; to permanently get a guaranteed rare in the first 4 cards from a keg. It is explained at 10:48 in the Gwent developer stream video above that this applies to every keg you open (assuming this means all types of kegs (base set kegs, premium base set kegs and faction kegs). At 25:30, it is specifically mentioned that this reward also applies to faction kegs.

I can confirm that I have claimed this reward and that it works for base set kegs, but not for faction kegs. From other posts, it seems it does not work for premium kegs either. I have raised a potential bug report for this and will wait with opening any base set premium kegs and faction kegs until this is clarified and resolved.

Maybe rename thread to "Prestige level 1 reward not fully working?"

Last edited:
Confirming that this is fixed now (at least for me). The prestige level 1 perk is working for all keg types (tried on base set, premium base set and faction kegs).

Top Bottom