Preview in PC Games.

+
i like the part with difficulty level... Just hope that fights will be well balanced, cause if you can't change their difficulty they might be too easy/difficult... I still remember KOTOR. I finished this game with no deaths. And no, i wasn't playing on "easy":p

Dziadu said:
Dziadu said:
No I am not a Gothic 3 fanboy...The game is realy crapy ,but to say things like "I'm better than you" is not very nice
Hey Powaz! We absolutely agree with you. I will talk to Michal Madej (chief designer) not to say anything like that anymore. This piece was done when Michal was in Germany on special press tour. It's probably his private opinion that was used by journalist. You're right, it's not nice (especially keeping in mind the fact that many of CD Projekt's crew are big fans of Gothic series!) and it's not professional above all else. Thanks for your opinion Powaz!
hi, that's always the better thing to do, but I wanna take a stand for MM here. the german interview does not come across as that negative, I mean OK, he does compare the game to G3 but that is only because that will be the case for every interview he had/will haveto do: comparisons to G3 and ES3. he doesn't say exactly: it's crap. only it got bugs and theWitcher has less already. Additional to that we know that reporters like to point something like that out, cause its "controversial" and most of the time game reviewers have no mind of their own so they can only compare to existing games instead of building their own opinion. ZE GERMANS CAN TAKE IT ! (says an austrian, hehe). If you promote in the USA you should go intofull "AWESOME" mode, only using superlatives and giving the "I'm so excited" impression all the time. you know, like it's the 2nd coming of christ and everyone should preorder :)---->to the community:glad to be of any help....can I have my polish edition with english subs now ? or just a demo ?

YarpenZirgin said:
i like the part with difficulty level... Just hope that fights will be well balanced, cause if you can't change their difficulty they might be too easy/difficult... I still remember KOTOR. I finished this game with no deaths. And no, i wasn't playing on "easy":p
Yep, I am bored with easy fights like it is in Oblivion for example. I hope difficulty level will be balanced.

Dziadu said:
Dziadu said:
No I am not a Gothic 3 fanboy...The game is realy crapy ,but to say things like "I'm better than you" is not very nice
Hey Powaz! We absolutely agree with you. I will talk to Michal Madej (chief designer) not to say anything like that anymore. This piece was done when Michal was in Germany on special press tour. It's probably his private opinion that was used by journalist. You're right, it's not nice (especially keeping in mind the fact that many of CD Projekt's crew are big fans of Gothic series!) and it's not professional above all else. Thanks for your opinion Powaz!
Why do you excuse him? He didin't even understand what Michał Madej said. He wasn't saying anything about how much better The Witcher is, he just said TW is more bug free then G3.Gothic 3 is a broken game, so it must be obvious.

MasPingon said:
Why do you excuse him? He didin't even understand what Michał Madej said. He wasn't saying anything about how much better The Witcher is, he just said TW is more bug free then G3.Gothic 3 is a broken game, so it must be obvious.
Simply too much courtesy :). Moreover, it was PC Games, that came with those comparisons between Witcher and Oblivion/Gothic 3, so why Michał Madej shouldn't compare bug problems in both cases? And of course PC Games changed a quotation "quite a bit", probably to make it more cocky to german readers ;).

Brysiu said:
so why Michał Madej shouldn't compare bug problems in both cases?
I'll tell you why guys:)There's one simple unofficial rule among game developers - you shouldn't criticize other people hard work. Guys from Gothic team did huge job and truly, we don't know why they had bugs in final product (possibilities are endless: i.e publisher madly pushing the release). Also, "The Witcher" is still in development... So, it's unfair to criticize finished game (Gothic) when you still didn't finish yours:) That's simple.CDP RED just want to be fair. Moreover, I don't suspect Michal Madej tried to say that G3 is a crap. He probably compared two games just because he wanted to mention strong points of our game, not to criticize G3.

But you have to admit that giving strong points of one product you tell at the same time that the second product is worse and somehow criticise it :)But nevertheless I agree with you Dziadu.

Wow Mothra, thats what I call effort! ;DRelated to the article, about localised versions:Hmm, after all I am not sure if I will like the cuts of the german version. :-\ History shows that the game industry usually cuts the games and that this mostly damages the mood (feeling during playing) of it or the logic of the story not rarely. But I don't want to criticise or complain about it before I see it, but let me tell you that the word "uncut" on the gamecovers here in Germany is a reason of buying, at least for adults.Funny about it is, we still get uncut versions of bloody movies, which are far more realistic than any computer game yet. ???Well, lets see what comes!

Daerdin said:
But you have to admit that giving strong points of one product you tell at the same time that the second product is worse and somehow criticise it :)But nevertheless I agree with you Dziadu.
that's a good and true point. I think it just sounds worse than it was meant in the article. I don't think Michal Madej wanted to conciously belittle the work of the gothic team.I think it will be very hard in the future, especially when the game release date draws nearer, to avoid all the comparisons to G3 and ES3 and your PR people will haveto take extra care to NOT sound like bashing Gothic and Oblivion. Well, don't go to hard on him, he's a game designer, not an Neuro-Linguist, fcs :)

In fact, using black PR in means of criticism of competing titles (especially, when it comes to Gothic series, which are still an object of cult in Germany, right?) isn't a particulary good idea, even if it was meant to sound in another way. So, all in all you're right Dziadu - unfortunately, some people can understand it in the way PC Games delivered it (something like "we are better than Piranhas, so don't f*** with us or else" ;) ). On the other hand I don't think that official apologies should be applied ;).

Aryam

Forum veteran
All gaming community knows that Gothic 3 is full of bugs. It's not abuse either saying 'The Witcher is better game' or something...I don't see the problem you've got...

Yeah, actually the part with Gothic means only "The Witcher runs stable, we will not have bugs like Gothic in the release version" as an answer to a bug-related question. You know Gothic 3 came on the market as a beta-version, what was truly disappointing to the fans and prolly the worst example of unstable & released games yet. And then he says "We have a complete Testing-Unit and Piranha Bytes (the devs of Gothic 3) hadn't." - So, Michal Madej doesn't try to ruin Gothic 3, what is already on the market for months btw, he's just talking about facts. ;)The bug problem is a big thing, nearly every game requires a patch today! After all it's better for customers to get "When It's Done"-Games or to wait until the first patch comes out before they buy it. Games are usually being released unfinished to meet the deadlines for the release. :-\

best example is the EnemyTerritory:QuakeWars Beta running right now. ET:QW is a "when it's done" game and you can see thatin the Beta: even at this state it is vastly superior and more bugfree, even to any already released and maybe already patched onlinegame. that's what I call quality work !and this is what the fans/customers remember: did I have much hassle installing and playing it ? no, worked like a charm ->will buy again from that Dev or Publisher....

Well this is a kind of finickiness, that's how I see it ;DThe bold sentence says: Wir haben keine Bug-Probleme wie G3 – "We don't have bug problems like G3"PC Question: (see.Mothra's translation) was: [essential point] How do you solve the bug prob/ How will you avoid leaving bugs in the final? [there's no intension to compare sth wiht TW]MM explains the remaining tasks of the developement and then assumes Ich denke nicht, dass wir ähnliche Probleme wie G3 haben, das viele Bugs hatte. – "I don't think that we will have similar problemes like G3 which had many bugs. The KI, balancing, combatsystem, even the storyline was inaccurate." ... further he explains CD Project has a different initial point developing TW.It's a fact that there were bugs in G3. MM just refers to that fact without making a sort of better than comparison. But (!) of course the author may tear off this statement from the context and put it into a short plain sentence that is is a comparison: Wir haben keine Bug-Probleme wie G3 – "We don't have bug problems like G3"just my 2 cents ^..^

Wow! Thanks for translating into English. I'm starting to get really excited about this game and any new information is appreciated. As an American I can honestly say that if this game delivers on what it sets out to do, it will definitely receive a very warm welcome amongst RPG fans.

Yes, the bold text could be interpreted wrong. Hey what about putting that phrase on the Witcher cover? ;)

Kamano said:
Yes, the bold text could be interpreted wrong. Hey what about putting that phrase on the Witcher cover? ;)
Will be consured. I don't know why but in Germany everything gets censored even it makes no sense ;D

Top Bottom